• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League: Almia - PG-13 OOC and Sign-ups

Years
    The anime is incrediably inconsistant in regards to pokemon moves. (In the first movie, Pikachu used an electric attack on a Golem and won, despite the Ground type being immune to electricity) ...so it's best to use the game's rules on the effects of attacks. I'm only using some elements from the anime (such as there being Pokemon League tournaments instead of just fighting the elite four or not regarding levels at all) because they make it easier for an RP consisting of multiple RPers.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    The anime is incrediably inconsistant in regards to pokemon moves. (In the first movie, Pikachu used an electric attack on a Golem and won, despite the Ground type being immune to electricity) ...so it's best to use the game's rules on the effects of attacks. I'm only using some elements from the anime (such as there being Pokemon League tournaments instead of just fighting the elite four or not regarding levels at all) because they make it easier for an RP consisting of multiple RPers.
    So does that mean my attack was ineffective, regardless to Psychic being able to produce neutral damage on pure Ghost type Pokemon?

Years
    Nope, neutral damage is still neutral damage. Although the fact that Ghost type moves would resist a psychic type attack reamains true, a powerfull phychic attack could still counter it, though with some difficulty do to ghosts not actually possessing matter.

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Either way, Michaela needs to reply to it. >.>

Years
    Ice, Bella, please re-read the battle rules. It states that the defender RPs damage for attacks, not the attacker, and the person attacking is not allowed to RP damage(unless given permission), which is refered to as 'calling hits.'

Also, a few posts ago, I made a stance on combining moves; We aren't doing so as it's unfair to the defender, especially so since they'd essentially have to defend against two simultaneous attacks at once, which basically skips their own attack phase. I know it limits your moves to those in the games, but it prevents abuse and makes things fairer than giving people the chance to combine hyperbeam with giga impact or other asinine moves.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Ah, sorry for not being online for...two days? I don't remember. I was sick with a fever and as such, my mother wouldn't even let me touch the computer. Or my laptop. XD

So my attack sequence wouldn't work? Damn, Shadow Needles would be such a cool move. x_x"

Plus, Lance did combination moves when he battled against Yellow and vice versa. x3

Looks like I need to rethink my strategy. Okay then, this will be fun.

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Ah, sorry for not being online for...two days? I don't remember. I was sick with a fever and as such, my mother wouldn't even let me touch the computer. Or my laptop. XD

So my attack sequence wouldn't work? Damn, Shadow Needles would be such a cool move. x_x"

Plus, Lance did combination moves when he battled against Yellow and vice versa. x3

Looks like I need to rethink my strategy. Okay then, this will be fun.
    Glad you're feeling better! Odd mom is odd. >.>

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    My sign-up form...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    ORegan i will be able to post in two days. My char was approved , however I want to know if I have to repost the character application due to my absence.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Glad you're feeling better! Odd mom is odd. >.>

XD She's not so bad, it's just that everytime I sat down I had a pounding headache. Now it's the opposite; everytime I stand up I have a pounding headache. x3 At least I'm better enough to go on the computer, though. x3 Still sick, which is a pain. (rolls eyes)

Okay, slightly curious here, how are we going to do about the battle? I mean, like, who wins or something like that. Do we just plan it out or do we go with the flow? Sorry, first time doing something like this. XD

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to do anything… :|

Yeah, I think I might have written myself into a corner. Really hope this is just a 1vs 1 or 2 vs 2 match in vientown cause otherwise I'm going to be there forever.

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    XD She's not so bad, it's just that everytime I sat down I had a pounding headache. Now it's the opposite; everytime I stand up I have a pounding headache. x3 At least I'm better enough to go on the computer, though. x3 Still sick, which is a pain. (rolls eyes)

Okay, slightly curious here, how are we going to do about the battle? I mean, like, who wins or something like that. Do we just plan it out or do we go with the flow? Sorry, first time doing something like this. XD
    Go with the flow, and adding statistics. Definitely let each other take some slight/decent/significant damage. Like Night Slash being super effective, doing pretty strong damage. Yet due to having a physically advanced Gardevoir, being able to withstand the attack. So basically just statistics, as usual.

And yus! Be sure to drink plenty of clear fluids too! o.o

Yeah, I think I might have written myself into a corner. Really hope this is just a 1vs 1 or 2 vs 2 match in vientown cause otherwise I'm going to be there forever.
    Uh, my gym is a castle, so you can do whatever in there for now. o.o

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    ORegan I just thought of a new question. Can evolved pokemon keep their pre-evolution moves? For example , Shellder learns Ice Shard but Cloyster doesnt. Will I be able to use Ice Shard with Cloyster?

And I just realised that I have only 3 pokemon in my team while everyone else has at least 4 , so can I add a few more pokemon to my party?

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Are trainer SU's still being accepted? And I thought you were only supposed to have 1 pokemon to start? Or is that not including gym leaders

Years
    Max: You don't have to re-apply since you were only gone a week, and you're character isn't in a position that requires activity (I.e. Gym leader etc.) Also, again for simplicities sake, use only the moves it would know at its current evolution stage(TM's can still be used though) Also, the amount of pokemon you have to start doesn't effect your character's strength or skill, so you can easily just catch wild pokemon, but if you have a specific one that you really want and forgot to add it in, send me a PM.

Grey: Don't worry, I has things planned to keep you Gym leaders busy when there aren't people challenging you.

Speaking of plans, if you guys want side quests etc, i would really advise from skipping through all the areas inbetween towns. it makes it harder for me to give you guys things to do if all you're doing is hanging around the same two Gyms waiting in line to earn a badge.

Ash, you're character is approved.

Platnium, there is no rule against having more than one pokemon to start with, and sign ups are always open

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Mind giving my character a side quest? After she sleeps for the night at Mal'akh's gym she'll be up for the road. x3 Of course, you don't have to give Miharu a side quest if you don't want to. I'm only asking, not demanding.

Back