• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon-like Animal!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • So I was looking stuff up today, and came across an animal I used to be really into.

It's called a "Pangolin"

I did a report on them when I was in the 3rd grade. Now is it me, or does this thing look like a Pokemon? Maybe a Sandshrew? The point is is that they should make this a Pokemon. It would have great defense...

It seems like something interesting. If anybody else has found an Animal and thinks it looks like a Pokemon post it on here!

Esmas

General
    Years
  • You DO know that all or a high percentage of Pokémon are based on animals, right? XD

Let's see...Rattata looks like a rat, Ekans looks like a snake, Zubat looks like a bat, Totodile looks like a crocodile, Mareep looks like a sheep, etc. :3 But if we're talking about what would BE cool, then this:

Pokemon-like Animal!

That's awesome! 8D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Epic fish, EsMas!

I'm surprised that they haven't done a vulture (right?), or an outright bottlenose dolphin. There's plenty of possibilities there.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • xD Narwhale Pokemon would be awesome.

I'd really like to see something based off of Queztoc... Que... *looks the spelling up*

Quetzalcoatl, aka the Feathered Serpent Diety of Aztec mythology. No, Miltoc doesn't count. That's like a beautiful sea-serpent somethin' or other.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I remember doing a report in 5th grade and there was a rabbit called the Pika Rabbit. I had to lol

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Pokemon-like Animal!

Where's this Pokémon at? =(

And I can't believe they haven't made a Koala Pokémon. . I'd also enjoy seeing an Anteater Pokémon. =3​

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Come to think of it, I don't think there's ever been a real gorilla-like pokemon. Slaking is a possibility, but I think it's officially just a large sloth. That would be awesome. :D

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Im just gonna point out. That there is a RL animal that very easily would be considered a Grass/Water-type: THIS ONE

Seriously, even scientists are confused.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Epic fish, EsMas!

I'm surprised that they haven't done a vulture (right?), or an outright bottlenose dolphin. There's plenty of possibilities there.

I was always under the impression that Fearow was inspired by vultures. :P

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I was always under the impression that Fearow was inspired by vultures. :P

Fearow, who evolves from Spearow, which is a sparrow? I guess Fearow is kinda vulture-y, but I don't really see it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    Epic fish, EsMas!

I think fearow would be considered a vulture.

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • WOW! I'm glad alot of people are commenting. Firstly,

Yes, Tripod Fish Pokemon would be awesome. They should definetly do more Pokemon that live on the bottom of the ocean. I love Relicanth, who is based off of the Coelacanth. Seriously, the only difference between the Coelacanth and then Relicanth is the names.

Sandshrew was NOT based off of the Pangolin. I thought it would be obvious that he is based off of a mix between a shrew and a prairie dog.

I love the Sea Slug that sirboulevard posted! That would be a bit like a Lotad. The final evolution could be a giant Coral Reef!!

As for the Fearow/Vulture thing, I wouldn't know. I think Fearow is more like a condor, or in general a large bird.

One more thing, I would love to see a "Torterra of the Sea" by making an archipelago on a Crab's back! I've drawn some awesome pictures of that too! My Idea was having like palm tree's on it's back and stuff.

Tell me more of what you guys think!

Back