• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

What do you think of Pokemon Liquid?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Bad

• Realy Bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Awesome job man.

No flaws detected :)

Also, nice job with the footprints, especially with the opacity. Out of curiosity, are you using charsets, battle animations, pictures, or what?

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Thanks daegon! Anyway DM i use charsets, I only use charsets because battle anims are over the hero and so are pictures! Lot's more work to do so I better get to it! And anyone that hasen't gone to my new site I have added some new info about liquid so go read up on it!

EDIT:I'm working on some maps at the moment! And Later I might show some more screens!
    Here's some new screens!
    Pokemon Liquid

Pokemon Liquid

Pokemon Liquid

Pokemon Liquid

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Awesome looking maps :)

Yeah, I'm using charsets too. In theory pictures could be used, but you'd have to display another picture over it identical to the hero. That's what I did with the transition from the oak intro to the first map in Lunar where only the background (not the charset) fades into the next map. Anyway, to do the transparency you used the "Decrease Transparency?"

It's so annoyning how you can't reference a location for a battle animation with variables...

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Yep I used the decrease transparency! But once the charset is gone you have to reset the transparency (so you can walk over it again)!

Oh and thanks I like the mapping part of liquid!

Oh well I guess nobody else likes my game! Too bad!

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Well thats what I like to hear and thanks! I hope to hear more from everyone else! It?ll be greatly appreciated!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I'd like to see a demo if possible.
    I'd like to know if the items are buyable/sellable yet also.

features: maybe a fishing trip or something on those lines if the ability
    to fish has been implemented.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    I've been working on the item system in my spare time! I got as far as buying the items and being able to see them in your bag! The reason why I'm only that far is because there is alot of fiddling with pictures! But as soon as I clean up a few areas and add a few things I might (that's a big might) release a demo!

Oh and a fishing trip is a realy good idea!

Edit: Also I just finnished my snow chipset and I'm making a town from it! I'll show some screens some time soon!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I see having snow is the cool new thing now! It's fascinating to watch all these trends :D

Anyway, good luck. What I'd like to see? Originality. Replicating everything from a pokemon game is fine and all, but apart from the storyline and coding, everything you've done looks like it's straight out of the GBA. Most consider that good, but you've set yourself up for sucess in that area with your original Professor image in the intro, etc. I'd just like to see the trend continue :D

Isn't it so annoying how games make a new Prof, call him Professor [insert shrubbery here] and use the same gfx as Oak? lol :)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Lol yes it is annoying but i guess alot of the people are n00bs no offence ppls, and they just grab what they can! Lol! Anyway thanks DM!
    I worked on the top of the mountain (were the snow is located) for about 2 and a bit hours last night and I still have lots more to do! But when I do get it done I'll show you guys what it looks like!

Oh! I still want to know what you guys would like to see in liquid!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    DarkMage31 said:
    I see having snow is the cool new thing now! It's fascinating to watch all these trends
    Hehe, I think I started that one.
    Although I can't think of anything, I'd like to see something big that'll make your game unique and remembered. Every game should have this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    It's a coincidence how only the good games with a lot of attention to detail have done snow towns. This, Pokemon: Call of Latios and Pokemon: Hidden Depths. And what's cool as that they're all done in different styles so they are still unique.
    Top game rm2k3kid. Always great looking maps!

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    Hey, awsome looking game! I wish it was out already. A little constructive criticism: work as hard as you can on this game.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Thanks! Carving a masterpiece takes time lol! The snow town is taking a bit out of me! Because I'm drawing/recoloring the houses! Anyway screens soon! Comments welcome!

Years
    Those are some really cool screens!They looked like they came from one of the official games! I can't wait for a new Demo!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back