• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Live-Action Movie would be sweet

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    They seriously need to make a pokemon live-action movie. With all the money Nintendo rakes in, they have the resources to do it right. And they need to couple it with the release of an RPG-style pokemon adventure game for a console system. That is my dream.....

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It's a nice idea, but it would be really difficult to make a good live action movie based on Pokemon

For one thing, Pokemon are really cute and cartoony so it wouldn't look right if they were walking around with real people. The movie's art team would need to redesign the Pokemon to fit the movie, and that might take away some of their charm.

Also, the scriptwriters would have a really tough job making the Pokemon world accessible to casual movie-goers. Even the basics of the Pokemon world could take about half an hour to explain, and they'd need to somehow work those explanations into natural-sounding dialogue, and they'd need to make sure that it doesn't confuse people. Actually, the whole story would be really difficult to write.

It could be a really fun movie, but everyone working on it would need to be stupidly talented and willing to take the project seriously. Do people like that even exist?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I dont want them to make a live action movie about Pokemon .. look at Dragon Ball ..........

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    well they would have to use a pretty damn good green screen program to pull that off. And I dont want to see any of those costumes that the power rangers used for the monsters.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    Worst idea I've heard for a long time.

It would suck absolute ****. The budget wouldn't be that high so the actors would be some Z listers who couldn't act, the plot would be cliched and boring and the CGI effects would be just pathetic. Just look at the success of Dragonball Evolution.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    They seriously need to make a pokemon live-action movie. With all the money Nintendo rakes in, they have the resources to do it right. And they need to couple it with the release of an RPG-style pokemon adventure game for a console system. That is my dream.....

I could see there being a live action movie or series at some point.

Worst idea I've heard for a long time.

It would suck absolute ****. Just look at the success of Dragonball Evolution.

Not if Japan does it. Tokusatsu, anyone? I'm not saying it would appear in the US, but there'd be fansubs.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    It will be horrible there are just thing that are ment to stay animated lol it just wont work and it will bomb any way so i say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    NOOOOOOO and
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    the idea is nothing new, i support is all the way, but it would be impossible to blend in pokemon renders. unless cutting edge software is used, i doubt anyone would want to see a pixar graphic next to a real person. it would make it seem to unreal. the camera would have to be state of the art too, because the frame rate of the real action would be too rough compared to the smooth 3D render.

apologies, but when it comes to tech im kind of a nerd :D

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    the idea is nothing new, i support is all the way, but it would be impossible to blend in pokemon renders. unless cutting edge software is used, i doubt anyone would want to see a pixar graphic next to a real person. it would make it seem to unreal. the camera would have to be state of the art too, because the frame rate of the real action would be too rough compared to the smooth 3D render.

apologies, but when it comes to tech im kind of a nerd :D

The technology is out there to produce top quality CGI. Top of the range software like Maya and 3DS Max is out there, and has been used effectively in the past in other movies such as LOTR.

The problem is that the budget won't be high and neither will the patience of the film studio and so it will be rushed and done sloppily and will result in a movie that looks absolute crap.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Not if Japan does it. Tokusatsu, anyone? I'm not saying it would appear in the US, but there'd be fansubs.

It would be beyond awesome if Japan did it. If the US did it, that would be a worse flop than dragonball. More people grew up with pokemon, and if they did (that meaning japan) make a live action pokemon movie, they would have to go all out.
    My theory they would have to break the laws of physics to make the best pokemon live action movie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pokemon Live-Action Movie would be sweet

Did someone say a live action Pokemon Movie?

*Goes gag on the idea*

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    As much as I love the idea I think it would be a really bad decision. I just think right at this very moment the technology to make a live action film based on Pokemon is way too difficult. Maybe one day though.

Years
    Why make a live action movie when the animated ones are doing perfectly fine? =/ It'd cost stupendous amounts of money, take years thanks to all the CGI and no doubt flop at the cinema. It'd need a worldwide release to even have a chance at clawing back the money, but Pokémon is so entrenched as a series aimed at kids that no one would be seen dead going to see it.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    As much as I love the idea I think it would be a really bad decision. I just think right at this very moment the technology to make a live action film based on Pokemon is way too difficult. Maybe one day though.

It really isn't. The technology is out there to make a really good live action movie.

Just watch James Cameron's new movie Avatar when it comes out, where you live. You'll be blown away by the visual experience of that and the CGI. The same technology used there can be used to make a really good pokemon live action movie; the point is it won't though.

Back