• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Live-Action Movie

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I saw the trailer, Pikachu is not pretty looking in itXD Honestly that's the only way I could see Pikachu in the films it'd be scarry to watch the entire time LOL. That or they'd just be about Ash and romance??? Misty/Dawn/May all would be in it and shippers would go crazy!!

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I don't think I will watch a pokemon live-action movie anytime soon. Not unless the trailer catches my attention. I think they would only be successful IF:

1. Ash/Satoshi will really look like Ash/Satoshi in anime.
    2. The CGI for pokemons won't look dumb and maintain their cuteness like in anime.
    3. Misty is in the movie and the one who will portray Misty is attractive and looks a really like lot Misty.
    4. Acting wouldn't look dumb. (forgot to include this)
    So yeah unless all of the above is achieve, I doubt a live-action movie will be beautiful.

THIS IS MY OPINION ANYWAY.. (sorry for caps)

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Wait for PokeBeach to graduate college, he plans on making one xD

I don't see why this isn't possible, but it'll suck, at least that's what fans will say. We're so negative. I want to see the 15th movie be a 2D-3D movie :D Like Paper Mario 3DS. It'll coincide with the Third game being released on 3DS :D

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    I'd like to see a movie done in an animation style other than anime.

It would be interesting to see a Pokemon battle rendered in animation similar to Ren and Stimpy or Spongebob Squarepants, just to see how an American animator would handle it.

Noob out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2013
    I think that a live-action movie can be very entertaining and a good tribute to the series as a whole, assuming that it is put in competent hands. I would trust the creators of Pokemon to do the job right, making the resulting movie epic. However, I would groan if they allowed a separate company or director to take...liberties with the production. I would pay a fortune to see a live-action Pokemon incarnation, but only if I was was certain that the movie would exceed expectations; I would not allow an abombination to the series as a whole come into being due to selfish, ignorant incompetents.

FlameEntei

Old fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2013
    ^ I'm not gonna lie, that looked pretty cool actually, even if it's fake xD
    Although the Pokemon animations were really bad. I honestly can't think of a way they could ever make it look good.

Ok those animations are a good start for beginners. I work with 3d software and stuff..

Basically they just need to master the basics of animation, texturing and 3d stuff.

But the thing is the budget and a good story which is most important.

If a live action pokemon movie comes out, I want it to be Japanese. The problem with Last airbender and Dragonball evolution is the westernization of an Asian character.

Here is a Turtwig modelled in Zbrush, a program used to make detail skin characters for movies and games. I use Zbrush in my work time to time.
    Pokemon Live-Action Movie

Years
    I would like to see a live-action Pokemon movie if it looks like the anime.

1. Ash and other human characters need to be played by an age-appropriate actor.
    2. The Pokemon should look as close to their official appearance.
    3. They should at least feature all Pokemon and main human characters.
    4. They should not only include anime characters but also the PCs and Rivals from the games.
    5. If Leaf and Silver were to appear they should be given proper names.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    I think it would only work is they had a large enough budget. Movies like Avatar had great CG, so it could be possible to make a pokemon movie look cool. However if they did, it should be called Pocket Monsters, and be about totally different characters than the anime.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Hahaha, the only reason i would want to see this is to laugh my head off at it. seriously, a live action pokemon movie ? lol. I have to give it to ya, its a very interesting idea, but it would only succeed because of people's curiosity to see it, lolz.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I believe it was IGN that did an April Fool's day video that was a trailer for a live action Pokemon movie (youtube it, I'm too lazy to find the link) and it actually looked like it could be successful.

It wasn't IGN it was a random youtube user and his friends it was quite good.

But this would fail ... I didnt even like The last Airbender it sucked missed to much and half the actors could say there names

if they did pokemon they'd probally say Ush and Gayry and Maisty -.-

Back