• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon London

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Hi everyone, i havent been hacking in about a year and i wasnt very good back then either lol so bare with me....

Hack of pokemon ruby ,

This hack begins 3 Years ago in the city of london ( uk - england )
    The hero has just moved from the hoen Because his dad had to move because of work , However this is london , overun with thugs , violence and coruption , aswel as team magma and aqua , the hero is going to foil the plans of a large gang of tugs known as bbx , they disguise themselves as an inocent import/export company importing goods for local marts and pokecentres , however all is not as it seems , bbx are suplying their members with weapons , and ilegal pokemon ,

New features ~

~ storyline extension.
    ~ new islands and towns.
    ~ new pokemon .
    ~ new maps.
    ~ and much much more.

So far i have done a little mapping and a little bit of scripting , im not so good at overworld editing and spriting so im looking for some helpers,

Tell me what you think ~

Kamui

´
    Years
    LOL!
    Funny title xD
    But too much random stuffs on maps but looks ok like that.
    Its funny and good:)

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Not bad for the idea of the hack... but the maps need some work.
    as it has already been metioned, there are alot of random things thorwn around at the maps. Like one of the maps, its covered with way too much grassy area. Just try to rearrange the map and mape it look neat, for a map to be good, it really doesnt mean that it needs to be overcrowded. Nice and simple is always the best way to go instead of alot and jnust having it look bad. Unless your already used to making maps in which case it shouldn't be a problem.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    No offense dude, but the mapping isn't all that great. It's just that a lot of others in this forum have better hacks and it's hard to compare to some. Other than that, the idea of new Pokemon (based on your picture) seems like it will not be so great either. But don't give up. I like your unique ideas and I hope to see another hack with improved map skills in the near future. Just keep at it and I'm sure you can come up with a great hack....although I'm not sure how this one is yet considering there's no beta. XD

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Your mapping style is very...errr.....creative, but there are lots of misplaced objects around your maps. Like trucks that are on the edge, people standing on doors, etc.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Thnx for support n that , the buuldings with the trucks are hopefuly gona be like little bases with thugs inside , so more battles , Admitidly im not the best mapper but il work on it, i need some spriters and overworld spriters , im not a great spriter , so anyone who wants to help please pm me or ad me on msn [email protected]

Your mapping style is very...errr.....creative, but there are lots of misplaced objects around your maps. Like trucks that are on the edge, people standing on doors, etc.

The trucks on the 1st city next to the hero/heroines house are automaticly there and im not going to move them coz they wil mess up eventz,

Last edited by a moderator:

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    zak leave the trucks because it WILL glitch up but at least make the rock in the one where the trucks in the wall dent inward. yeah Oldale remake is a bit loaded. The fakemon is umm...nvm no comment...work on it. if you need mapping suggestions I can hellp you. just send me a pm or try and catch me on MSN.
    ~!~Gengazard~!~

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Hi everyone

Hi everyone , im back ,

I kinda need a lil help , in oldale i made a building with two trucks by the side , and created a warp to a useless map [ 25.30 ] to make a Thug hideout inside , however the warp that takes me into the building is fine , but the warp that i made inside is useles , and when i changed the map name to ' thug hideouyt ' verduntuf's name also changed to ' thug hideout ' and when i changed verduntuf back , the new maps name changed back , can anyone help me? ive givin the warp inside all the right map bank info n that ,

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    looks good
    but try to improve your map
    if you need any help pm me :D

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    ~~~

looks good
    but try to improve your map
    if you need any help pm me :D

Thanks i do need a bita help actualy , i need a good spriter and overworld spriter, if any is interested please leme know ,

Also i still need help with my problem, about the thug secret base, anyone know what i should do ? :\

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hi everyone , im back ,

I kinda need a lil help , in oldale i made a building with two trucks by the side , and created a warp to a useless map [ 25.30 ] to make a Thug hideout inside , however the warp that takes me into the building is fine , but the warp that i made inside is useles , and when i changed the map name to ' thug hideouyt ' verduntuf's name also changed to ' thug hideout ' and when i changed verduntuf back , the new maps name changed back , can anyone help me? ive givin the warp inside all the right map bank info n that ,

Let me think... the map [25.30] doesnt seem to have a name at all at first. So changing its name I dont know what could generate (It seems like it assigned a name, probably Verdanturf), then you've just changed a name (the assigned Verdanturf, without you knowing it) to become "Thug Hideout". This means that every map that had "Verdanturf" assigned to it will be changed to "Thug Hideout", and if you rename "Thug Hideout" to anything else, this will change every map that had "Thug Hideout" assigned to it (this includes the old [25.30]) to whatever you wrote. This isnt a mystery, this is just what's happening.
    How to fix it? Well, you'll need to first assign your [25.30] to a name you're sure you wont use. After that, you can rename it to whatever you want (This will still change every map that had that "unused" name to whatever you rename (namely "Thug Hideout").

I tried to explain a bit, I'm not good at explaining things. If someone else has a better idea on how to explain (or fix my explanation), be my guest!

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Thanks,

Let me think... the map [25.30] doesnt seem to have a name at all at first. So changing its name I dont know what could generate (It seems like it assigned a name, probably Verdanturf), then you've just changed a name (the assigned Verdanturf, without you knowing it) to become "Thug Hideout". This means that every map that had "Verdanturf" assigned to it will be changed to "Thug Hideout", and if you rename "Thug Hideout" to anything else, this will change every map that had "Thug Hideout" assigned to it (this includes the old [25.30]) to whatever you wrote. This isnt a mystery, this is just what's happening.
    How to fix it? Well, you'll need to first assign your [25.30] to a name you're sure you wont use. After that, you can rename it to whatever you want (This will still change every map that had that "unused" name to whatever you rename (namely "Thug Hideout").

I tried to explain a bit, I'm not good at explaining things. If someone else has a better idea on how to explain (or fix my explanation), be my guest!

Thanks Zel ill try that in the mornin goin sleep now :knockedou Got anyidea how i can fix the warps in the buildin ( 25.30 ) or do you know how i can insert new map banks and locations? Ill be back in the morning,

WOO! HALF TERM ! NO SCHOOL FOR A WEEK!

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
    Thanks Zel ill try that in the mornin goin sleep now :knockedou Got anyidea how i can fix the warps in the buildin ( 25.30 ) or do you know how i can insert new map banks and locations? Ill be back in the morning,

Try asking in the Advancemap thread.

Your maps are like said before, definatly creative, where those caves lead to on Route 101 seems interseting and your choice of buildings seems cool.

KEEP THIS UP!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years

Yep, Advance Map is the best tool to insert new maps (you just need to be careful, and backup very often). Take a look at its thread.
    And about the warps, if you're sure the "not woking" warp has the correct info, check if the warp has its "Unknown" value (well, at least in AdvMap 1.82) set to either 0 or 3 (anything else doesnt work, I think)

Good luck!

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    Yep, Advance Map is the best tool to insert new maps (you just need to be careful, and backup very often). Take a look at its thread.
    And about the warps, if you're sure the "not woking" warp has the correct info, check if the warp has its "Unknown" value (well, at least in AdvMap 1.82) set to either 0 or 3 (anything else doesnt work, I think)

Good luck!

Thanks ill try that out , and i mesant 'not working' lol

dont worry , i tried inserting new maps , made about 30 backups :) but it always messed up so im sticking to using the 25.30 to 25.35 maps as there all blank and they work prety well , ive made the building in clapham useable , now i gota find an over world spriter :\ any1 who can pverworld good leme no please,

HI Everyone, ive been messin around with am and i can insert new maps n that now so i done some :)

The caves in route 101/battersea park are now useable, they have a team aqua/magma base inside ( they all wana be friends realy ) Also ive added a whole new city , slightly east from route 101 , you have to travel through the new cave to get there, but you need to get cut 1st, (hehe always a -catch)

I still need someone good with over world sprites , so if anyone reading this thread is any good at it , just send me a pm or add me on msn , [email protected] Bye for now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back