• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Master Quest Version

How is this game? Do you think I'll finish it?

• Looks good, and Yes

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Looks like a good start, but No

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Looks terrible, but you will finish

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Looks terrible, you won't finish

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    • Game Name: Pokemon: Master Quest Version (May change)
    • Made with: RPG Maker 2003
    • Introduction: My little brother talked me into making a POKEMON game for.
    • Story: The Pokemon Professor of your town is giving away POKEMON. You go there to recieve one. You're lucky, cause there are only two left. As you wait to recieve your POKEMON, another boy walks in wanting a POKEMON. His name is Silver, and he's your "rival" throughout the game. Then you go out to train to be the POKEMON MASTER, battling Gyms, and taking on the Elite Four. I plan on adding a twist at or close to the end, as a little extra fun thing to do, but I'm not sure when, what, or where. It should be interesting, though. There will be tons to side quests to do at the end of the game, as well. I think that's it.
    • Features:
      • CBS
      • CMS
      • Bank System
      • Tons of side Quests
      • New Team (As in Team Aqua, Rocket, etc.)
      • Now accepting Custom Trainers! Just post your info (Pokemon team, Trainer name, sprite wanted, etc.). Maximum of 3. NEW!
      • Set in a new region - The Horto Region NEW!
    • Screenshots:
    • Updates:
      Code:
        July 15, 2006: Sorry 'bout the lack of updates. Started on Town 4, updated the Menu System, Begun Trainer Card System, and begun running system.
        [FONT=&quot]June 29, 2006: Added the first demo. w00t! Click [URL="ftp://legosjedi%40postbrickfilms%2Ecom:[email protected]/videogame/PMQ/Pokemon.lzh"]here[/URL] to download.[/FONT]
      June 22, 2006: Added 3 new screenshots. Enjoy!
      June 21, 2006: Added a Poll for this topic. Please express your opinion!
      June 20, 2006: Total of Nine new Screenshots! Wow! I am already working on the batle system, and it's coming along well. New Feature added: Custom Trainers. Demo should be out once I finish the CBS for the first Gym. [URL="https://www.postbrickfilms.com/legosjedi/videogame/"]Official Website[/URL] I've got my first Beta Tester. One more slot is open.
    Support "POKEMON: Master Quest Version"! Put this in your sig (remove the "*"):

https://www.postbrickfilms.com/legosjedi/videogame/PMQ/master.gif[*/img][*/url]

Oh, and if you see something that's yours, or you want to contribute, let me know.

[B][U]Team:[/U][/B][LIST]
    [*]MAPPERS:[LIST]
    [*]LegosJedi[/LIST]
    [*]BETA TESTERS:[LIST]
    [*]GymLeaderLance99[/LIST][LIST]
    [*]freundmon[/LIST] [/LIST][B][U] Contributers:[/U][/B]
    TILESETS:[LIST]
    [*]Map: DarkDoom3000
    [*]Emerald Frontier: GymLeaderLance99
    [*]Tilesets: Pheonix, RM2K3kid, BleachXP[/LIST]MUSIC:[LIST]
    [*]vgmusic.com
    [*]Miror B: Sylph[/LIST]CHARSETS:[LIST]
    [*]Prof. Elm: Avatar
    [*]Prof. Oak: GymLeaderLance99
    [*]Gamecube: Crankeye
    [*](Almost) Everything else: Meowth346[/LIST]MISC:[LIST]
    [*]POKEMON Logo: MR.GLITCH_KING[/LIST]For those of you who didn't get in in time, don't worry, you can still test the game out when I come out with the demo(s).

[URL="https://www.postbrickfilms.com/legosjedi/videogame/PMQ/Pokemon.lzh"]Demo Download[/URL]

Known Bugs:
    Can't see Silver in the Lab
    Can't get to the next route
    Teleportation Problems in Tastic Town

I'm working on both.

[URL="https://www.postbrickfilms.com/legosjedi/videogame/"]Official Website[/URL]

Last edited:

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    its jpg, make them png, theyll have clearer images. hope to see more screens btw.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Looks good. Though the Cube looks out of place. I think a black outline would make the cube blend in more.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, the GameCube is actually charset, cause I couldn't find one on the tilesets I had. If you have one, PM me with it, and I'll give you credit.

EDIT: New Screenshot!

Little Pallet Town (Your home town)

New Feature!

Now accepting Custom Trainers!

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012

name:jake
    pokemon:sneasel,snorlax, and any cyndaquil evo or cyndaquil

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    thank you, and i cant wait, do u kno when it might be released? an estimate mayb

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Well, I'm working on the CBS, so When I get that done for the first Gym, I'll release a demo. Not sure when that will be, though. I do work on it, on average, almost every day. I'll keep you posted.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    O, i have 2 more characters idk if youll take them

Name: Jimmy
    Taunt: Typhlosion is going to be the clear winner!
    Win: I rock, and I roll!
    Lose: You did good typhlosion!
    Pokemon: Typhlosion, Beedrill

the kid version
    Name: Marina
    Taunt: My dance crew will destroy you!
    Win: Thanks for that easy training!
    Lose:I'll get you next time!
    Pokemon:Misdrevious AKA:little mis, crocanaw aka: waniwani , jigglypuff aka: pink

Last edited:

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Okay, Blaze Dragon and Jake, I have those down. I've decided that you can only submit a maximum of three custom trainers.

EDIT: Yet another update today! That's the third one! Here's what I have so far for the Custom Battle System! There are still a couple of bugs to work out though. Beta Tester, be ready, cause this will be the first thing I'll throw at you.

EDIT 2: Even More updates! What has gotten into me?!? I've got the ground floor of your house, the lab, the Pokemart, the Pokecenter, and two pics of the intro. Yes, Professor Maple is a girl. I felt we needed a little change from normal.

Last edited:

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Looks promising. What are those sidequests going to be like?

- Your stairs aren't connected to the wall on your 1st screenshot. I don't know if it's the tileset or what. And i'll be a beta tester if you need another, I'll PM you too

SuperGuy

I hope I win.
    Years
    wow!!!:0! cool can i submit a guy please. im not a spriter so i dont have any sprites sorry
    Name: Nick
    Pre-Battle: Are you ready to lose?
    Win: Ha ha ha. I knew i would win.
    Lose: Oh well. I'll win next time
    Pokemon: Pidgy, Poliwag
    Sprites: Sorry, got none.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    freundmon said:
    Looks promising. What are those sidequests going to be like?

- Your stairs aren't connected to the wall on your 1st screenshot. I don't know if it's the tileset or what. And i'll be a beta tester if you need another, I'll PM you too

Well, for the side quests,
    Spoiler:

I'm adding more, but those were the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Also, I do realize that they aren't attached to the walls. In the old POKEMON games (Red, Blue, Yellow), wasn't that the way the stairs were?

Oh, and Sandslashman, I've got you down. And it's okay if you don't have a sprite.

No updates, except to congratulate freundmon as the final BETA TESTER! w00t! For those of you who didn't get in in time, don't worry, you can still test the game out when I come out with the demo(s).

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    This game looks nice and it's cool the professor is a girl.

I agree with the stairs not being attached to the wall. It looks kinda weird.

If I put up a custom trainer, would you rather it be in a spritesheet liek above, or in charsets and pics of the battlers?

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    PokeCreator_09, I would prefer having both the Charset and the pic of the battler. It would be easier for me.

Back