• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Master Quest Version

How is this game? Do you think I'll finish it?

• Looks good, and Yes

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Looks like a good start, but No

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Looks terrible, but you will finish

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Looks terrible, you won't finish

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    I figured as much, and if you need any help compiling the battlers pics and charsets, just send me what you need done, I'll take it off your hands.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Sandslashman said:
    wow!!!:0! cool can i submit a guy please. im not a spriter so i dont have any sprites sorry
    Name: Nick
    Pre-Battle: Are you ready to lose?
    Win: Ha ha ha. I knew i would win.
    Lose: Oh well. I'll win next time
    Pokemon: Pidgy, Poliwag
    Sprites: Sorry, got none.
    yea ill do the sprite for u
    wut does he look like?

SuperGuy

I hope I win.
    Years
    yep

Mechaman said:
    hes like a youngster, insead of a hat, a bandana, red pants, not shorts, and a yellow shirt
    that is wat he looks like, (hes my bro, he knows me all too well, and i mean it:embarrass )

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    LegosJedi said:
    Well, for the side quests,
    Spoiler:

I'm adding more, but those were the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Also, I do realize that they aren't attached to the walls. In the old POKEMON games (Red, Blue, Yellow), wasn't that the way the stairs were?

Oh, and Sandslashman, I've got you down. And it's okay if you don't have a sprite.

No updates, except to congratulate freundmon as the final BETA TESTER! w00t! For those of you who didn't get in in time, don't worry, you can still test the game out when I come out with the demo(s).

Ha, yeah they weren't attached were they. I hope the sidequests will be hard for such rare prizes.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yah, you're definitely off to a great start. You should've put a choice that said "you're off to a good start, and yes" in your poll

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    The stairs should be connected to the wall in the hero's ground floor. In R/B/Y, they weren't connected because the stairs took up only 1 tile. It was revamped in FR/LG to be connected to the wall in that style. And as for the lab, there's a little too much empty space IMO, so you should try to make it smaller. And for the Battle System, looks good so far, but add a BG like the actual games'.

All in all, looks great so far, and keep it up! ^_^

freundmon

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    I agree with lance99, the lab is way too big unless you're planning to do something with all that space. It's easy to make a map too big, smaller is better. But the main town looks great though.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, they should be. I'm still deciding on the Legendaries, but, at the moment, it's the same as the video games: the caves that you have to navigate. It will change, though.

EDIT: 6/22/06 10:01 P.M.: New Screenies!!!

Last edited:

freundmon

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    The town looks good, but route one is too blan, you should add some trees, traniers or something. Don't you need someone to teach you how to catch a pokemon? And the type that you use for the battle system and pc (and probablly everything else), the shadow makes it sketchy and a little hard to read. Just something im wondering, are you good at coding? I would guess so because you made your own CBS.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, well, Route 101 in R/S/E doesn't have much. But you're right, I should add someone to teach you to catch POKEMON. I know about the text to. RPG Maker 2003 makes it hard to switch the font. They only give you two cruddy fonts, and that's it. If someone has a way to change it, PM me. Yeah, I'm okay at scripting. But it takes a lot of testing to get it just right. Right now, the arrow won't change for the Battle Menu, so I'll have to figure out what the problem is. Hopefully, today, I'll fix that, and, in the next couple of day's, fine-tune the CBS. All I can say is, "BETA TESTERS, be ready!" And, I still need to finish up my Custom Menu System, too. Right now, all it does is Save, brings you back to the game, and brings you back to the start menu. And, no, I didn't change the Hero's graphic. I used pictures. If you're making a Menu System, and you're having trouble, PM me, and I'll see if I can help you out.

Last edited:

T.R.S.M

Expert Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    the marina colours are way off sorry but the colours are

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Team Rocket Spriting Mage said:
    the marina colours are way off sorry but the colours are
    i noticed, i got them off of the spriters resource

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Hmm,
    Just been looking at all your new screenshots. I must say its improving. One thing that bothers me is the gradient on the text boxes, you should change the text to a monotone. Other than that, keep it up! The game is starting to shape up well.

I would join but I'm not sure if RM2K3 will be able to use my new sprite set.

If you can't use them, you could have a go at using my old Overworld set. Heres them in 2k3 format for convinience (sp?).

Name: Dash
    Pre-Battle: What? A battle. Yeah I guess we can take a break.
    Win: Hm, not bad guys! Come on I'll make you some Pokéblocks.
    Lose: Oh well, looks like its back to training for us!
    Pokemon: Pikachu,Pichu,Plusle,Minun (You can remove some if necissary.)

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Dashiel said:
    Hmm, Just been looking at all your new screenshots. I must say its improving. One thing that bothers me is the gradient on the text boxes, you should change the text to a monotone. Other than that, keep it up! The game is starting to shape up well.

Sure thing. I'll put you down on my list. And don't worry. I have Paint, I can adjust it. ;) And, about the text, I'm trying to fix it, but I am having problems. All I can do is change the color, and change it to two cruddy fonts. If anyone knows how to fix this, please PM me!

Har D Har said:
    May I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be a Beta Tester? It looks SO awesome.

Hey, don't worry. I'll be coming out with demos, so you can still enjoy that game soon. Just be patient my friend. The first thing I'll do is get people's opinions on the Battle System. I'll be finishing that up in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
    Back