• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon meets Marvel, AKA Marvel FireRed

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Hi everyone, I'm Uncutpokemon and I'm a big fan of Marvel. I've made this game from Pokémon Fire Red.
    It's a mod in which Pokemon are replaced by characters of Marvel comics.

To play this game, download it here once downloaded you'll also need to download and unzip this audio file and drag it into the folder. I recently created this wiki to further help.

Important note: Due to things beyond my control, when you first start the game, change the screen size in the options to S or M for the intro, it looks weird if it's in L size. Once the intro is over you can switch back to L.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Main changes of the game
    -Pokemon are replaced with Marvel superheroes and villains
    -New moves
    -New abilities
    -New items
    -Some Marvel music included

Things still in need of work
    -A few front/back battle sprites not included, random Pokemon sprite used as place holder until I can get a better one
    -Some icons are not that great (could use an artist to help there)
    -Some movesets/abilities not finalized, could use feedback/suggestions there
    -Some TMs haven't been decided on who should learn them, so lots of them are learnable by everyone
    -No shiny options for now
    -Battle cries are just the ones from Pokemon, I'll figure out who should have what eventually

Easter Eggs
    -Yes that's Stan Lee greeting you at the start and acting as the games Professor Oak
    -The old man that won't let you pass is indeed a certain someone important to Peter Parker
    -Covers elements of various mediums from the comics, the shows and movies up to Avengers Endgame
    -Unlike the MCU, I actually do address the fates of the Netflix characters in relation to Infinity War
    -Deadpool can found in the same location Pikachu was originally found early on, I know what I did

Credits:
    Spoiler:

I do not own Pokemon or Marvel. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo and the Pokemon Company, Marvel belongs to Disney.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    this game is fun but am getting an error message while playing it

---------------------------
    Marvel FireRed
    Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 38 (coords 16,28), map 64 (ROUTE 6):

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'The item 'PARLYZHEAL' is not valid. Please add the item

to the list of items in the editor. See the wiki for more information.

***Full script:

Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::PARLYZHEAL)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `eval'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `loop'

OK
    is the error i am getting

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    found a bug in the game. i have the rainbow badge the gym leader said can use fly out of battle and when i try to use it says new bagde is reyired

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Marvel FireRed
    Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 6 (coords 3,6), map 130 (NEW YORK CITY):

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):3:in `pbExecuteScript'The item 'XDEFEND' is not valid. Please add the item

to the list of items in the editor. See the wiki for more information.

***Full script:

pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::XATTACK,
    PBItems::XDEFEND,
    PBItems::XSPEED,
    PBItems::XSPECIAL,
    PBItems::XACCURACY,
    PBItems::GUARDSPEC,
    PBItems::DIREHIT,])

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `loop'

OK
    is an error i get in the department store on the 5th floor i think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Any chance you are gonna turn this into a patch? Also, the animations for the moves seem to be WAY to the left of the characters for some reason, is this a known issue?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Hi, I admire your work but actually i didn't get to try it🌚 because i got confused and i saw the how to page in your wiki but my problem is different wich i playing on my android phone but there's no files app or gba emulator that can read or open an exe file and this is so strange to me i hope that i can try it marvel x pokemon was my dream

Back