• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Mega X and Mega Y

Ishtar

Seer of Heart
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    "The Pokemon Z" thing is kind of not working for me.
    But a Mega X and Mega Y would be cool.

Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal. Even a Mega Zygarde would be cool.
    Xernite, Yveltite and Zygartite.

Plus each of the Elite four each have one Mega evolution as their leader Pokemon to send out.
    Maybe Gym leaders will implement to this adjustment too.

Postgame rematches:
    Viola - Pinsirite
    Grant - Tyranitite
    Korrina - Lucarionite
    Ramos - Venasaurite
    Clemont - Ampharosite
    Valerie - Mawilite
    Olympia - Alakazite
    Wulfric - Abomasite

Just thinking.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Whatever happens just make a longer game and harder gameplay, More Badges and implement a few regions to go to after the first!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I definitely don't think this would happen.
    We wouldn't have a Pokemon called Zygarde, right after XY. That right there confirms Z.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Yep; that and how the unreleased moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves both bear a resemblance to Zygarde makes me think the next game will be very Zygarde-centered.

Mega-evolutions can't learn new moves. But alternate forms can. Which is why I think Z will receive the Giratina treatment... perhaps with two formes though, since there are two moves and the two aspects of life and destruction which XY have been about.

Anyway, off-topic stuff aside: I really like the idea of more Megas in-game, but I doubt we'll see Mega X and Mega Y :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    I love the idea of post-E4 gym battles. The storyline is always so short :(

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Great idea! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that, for once, all three legendaries should get some special treatment (whether that means a form, mega evolution, or item) rather than only the third one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    why is everyone so sure that the two thousand-whatever moves will go to Zygarde? just because it's a ground move? it already has a signature move (Land's Wrath) so they're going to give it two more?

What if it simply is like Kyurem and (IF there's some kind of fusion like mechanic) Land's Wrath Changes to Thousand Arms or Thousand Arrows like Glaciate does? OR (which I'm shocked as heck NO ONE ANYWHERE on the internet thought of anywhere) how do we know they're not signature moves of Volcanion and/or Hoopa? They not only could somehow be related to each other (cause we know NOTHING of them) but the hacker that discovered these moves HAD THEM ON A SHINY VOLCANION. So isn't that slightly more obvious than being Zygarde's? Don't say a signature move HAS to have STAB, because it simply doesn't: Arcanine had Extreme Speed as it's signature move once upon a time, Squirtle's used to be Skull Bash, Exeggcute has Barrage, Nuzleaf used to has Extrasensory, Greninja has Mat Block, Genesect has Techno Blast, Just because something is a certain type doesn't mean it HAS to have that move.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I think the most common reason people associate the two moves with Zygarde isn't due to its typing, but because they feature such a large amount of apparent hexagons; the same as Zygarde's scales, which arguably are its signature trait. Its case being the same as Kyurem's is very much a possibility.

I don't think what moves a hacker decides to put on his hacked Pokémon really tells us anything aside from his personal taste. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Whatever happens just make a longer game and harder gameplay, More Badges and implement a few regions to go to after the first!

♥♥♥♥ing This!!! I would love the game to be just as challenging like generation 1,2, and 3 because since diamond and pearl came out the difficultly just suddenly dropped (although Cynthia was the saving grace) and if not more badges why can't gamefreak implant a tournament your character have to participate after getting all 8 badges to qualify to battle against the elite4 and pokemon champion. And maybe this is a long shot but I always wondered what happened to black(the original protagonist in black/white) maybe we can have scene where he is in this new but smaller region and we can battle just like Red.

Years
  • I definitely don't think this would happen.
    We wouldn't have a Pokemon called Zygarde, right after XY. That right there confirms Z.

Then again you'd think Kyurem beiny on Black and White would confirm Pokémon Grey, but that never happened. If X2 and Y2 came out, it may result in another Pokémon Fusion, this time Zygarde fusing with Ynvetal or Xerneas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Then again you'd think Kyurem beiny on Black and White would confirm Pokémon Grey, but that never happened. If X2 and Y2 came out, it may result in another Pokémon Fusion, this time Zygarde fusing with Ynvetal or Xerneas.

Zygarde fused with Ynvetal would be the stuff of nightmares.

If I'm going to be honest, I'd much rather see DLC support for X&Y that adds all the new elements that would be in a new game. I think the industry now has gotten so bloated with yearly sequels that people will get sick of it and stop buying them and be more inclined to buy DLC to support the games they already own.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Then again you'd think Kyurem beiny on Black and White would confirm Pokémon Grey, but that never happened. If X2 and Y2 came out, it may result in another Pokémon Fusion, this time Zygarde fusing with Ynvetal or Xerneas.

In BW there was code for only one alternate Kyurem forme, not two like what we got. It makes me think that GF thought of releasing a Grey but decided to make two at some point. It could also explain why B2W2 felt bland and not all that different...
    I hope if they make Z the make it different from XY, same goes for if they decide to make sequels.

Years
  • Oooh I really like the idea of the Gym Leaders getting to grips with Mega Evolution, hopefully if they incorporate some kind of match call thing where you can battle them again that'd be a great idea :)

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Mega X and Mega Y seem like more appealing names than X2 and Y2. Although I still prefer the Z concept. I agree with the theory/hope that the sequel will likely distribute mega evolutions to more people than just a select few.

Back