• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Melody

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Do you believe in parallel worlds? Do you wish Pokemon would be harder? Would you like to see your favorite pokemon character make an epic comeback? If you answered yes, to any of those then Pokemon Melody is the game for you.
    Pokemon Melody is created in RPG VX ACE using the Pokemon Rpg Vx Ace Engine

Story:
    Tristan a land once filled with war, has reached a new era when the strongest trainers of the 4 nation sacrifaced themselves in order to stop all the fighting. Now after 5000 years of peace, Torara, one of Tristan's 4 nations, has invaded the nation of Korvo to acquire the Aeon, the power said to connect worlds! You set off as a trainer whose home has been invaded by Torara and meet Melody.Your adventure awaits as you travel throughtout the region gathering teammates, Pokemon and collecting the pieces of Aeon.

Features:

• Original Characters make a comeback with a major twist!
    • Explore the region of Tristan along with it's three nation: Korvo, Da' Maris, and Torara.
    • A new method to capture Pokemon - Bond Capture
    • Pokeball are outdated when you can Bond Capture. This involves you chasing the Pokemon around until you can battle it. If you beat it, it might even ask you if it can join your team!
    • Pokemon Trainers with higher level pokemon
    • Tons of side events explaining the backstorys of characters
    • Create bonds with trainers and recruit them for your team!
    • Compete in tournaments to win prizes!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Progress Report:

2/12/14:
    Working on Route 3
    2/13/14:
    Finished Bloomvale City
    2/15/14:
    Grimley Arc Finished

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Your mapping really needs some work! Large "seas" of tall grass aren't appealing, it ain't fun to walk through either! Try looking up on some tutorials, they can prove to be quite useful!

Also, though it doesn't have much to do with your game, I think you went a bit overboard with the spoilers. I think your thread would look a lot better without them.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Your mapping really needs some work! Large "seas" of tall grass aren't appealing, it ain't fun to walk through either! Try looking up on some tutorials, they can prove to be quite useful!

Also, though it doesn't have much to do with your game, I think you went a bit overboard with the spoilers. I think your thread would look a lot better without them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback, and I took your suggestion, I hope this is better

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
    Years
  • The new interface and mechanics look promising, but the game can still use a lot of work and polish. Fix up the text grammar, and make sure you put 1 or 2 spaces after the period in a sentence.

Neat, the game I'm working on focuses on Meloetta too. How is she involved in Pokemon Melody's story?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    The new interface and mechanics look promising, but the game can still use a lot of work and polish. Fix up the text grammar, and make sure you put 1 or 2 spaces after the period in a sentence.

Neat, the game I'm working on focuses on Meloetta too. How is she involved in Pokemon Melody's story?

Thanks, I'll try to improve my grammer, I was always bad at it. Also, Meloetta acts sorta as a guide
    for your adventure. As you progress the story, her past is slowly revealed with flashbacks or future events.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    The mini-map display seems very pointless in a pokemon game, espcially in a town.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    updated:
    I posted some new screenshots and remodeled the thread alittle bit.Also I am looking for someone who can do custom tilesets.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    why you dont use rpg maker xp for creating a game like sthis i find that it's a more better engine with more features.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    why you dont use rpg maker xp for creating a game like sthis i find that it's a more better engine with more features.
    Well I wanted to try something different then the usual, and I find it easier to use because the scripting is replaced with notes.also for the fact of, where have you heard of a Pokemon game programmed in Ace before.It's pretty rare. Everyone's different I guess.

Back