• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon menu, the blue part is glitched up

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • That menu graphic is an uncompressed image and just so happens to be mostly represented by the hexadecimal value 0xFF (which is indicative of free space in a FR ROM). Thus, if you're not watching out where you're inserting something, it can easily overwrite that graphic.

To fix it, you have two options. Firstly, you can copy over the graphic's data from a clean ROM and restore what's been over written. To do this, C+P the data ranging from 0x4566E8 to 0x4568E8. This will fix the window, but it will have the side effect of breaking whatever it was you inserted there to corrupt the graphic in the first place. You will have to reinsert that somewhere else aswell, which is easy to do if its something simple like a script.

As a second option, you can remove the graphic entirely by writing 00 00 00 00 to 0x55910, thanks to deokishisu.

When hacking FireRed, remember to always insert things above the offset 0x720000 as that is where almost all of the safe space in the ROM is. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2022
    That menu graphic is an uncompressed image and just so happens to be mostly represented by the hexadecimal value 0xFF (which is indicative of free space in a FR ROM). Thus, if you're not watching out where you're inserting something, it can easily overwrite that graphic.

To fix it, you have two options. Firstly, you can copy over the graphic's data from a clean ROM and restore what's been over written. To do this, C+P the data ranging from 0x4566E8 to 0x4568E8. This will fix the window, but it will have the side effect of breaking whatever it was you inserted there to corrupt the graphic in the first place. You will have to reinsert that somewhere else aswell, which is easy to do if its something simple like a script.

As a second option, you can remove the graphic entirely by writing 00 00 00 00 to 0x55910, thanks to deokishisu.

When hacking FireRed, remember to always insert things above the offset 0x720000 as that is where almost all of the safe space in the ROM is. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I think i'm gonna do the second option as i dont know what i inserted there in the first place. This might be a stupid question but how do I write 00 00 00 00 to 0x55910?

Years
  • Thank you so much! I think i'm gonna do the second option as i dont know what i inserted there in the first place. This might be a stupid question but how do I write 00 00 00 00 to 0x55910?
    You can use hex-editor to modify the bytes in the rom. Do ctrl+G, type in 55910 and press enter to get to this address, then write 00 00 00 00.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    This problem came up again recently in the discord server and a user was referred to this thread, however it didn't fix their problem entirely as the range previously recommended in this thread only covers a portion of the overwritten tilemap.

Thanks to pokefirered though we were able to see that the entire 640 byte range of the tilemap is from 0x4566A8 to 0x456927, and after restoring it from a clean rom their problem is now fixed.

Hopefully this helps anyone encountering the same issue in the future.

Back