• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMORPG?

SMacnelly

DHi Webmaster
    Years
    I have seen many topics posted on the web on this subject. Yes, it would be great if such a game was ever made, but it doesnt look like its going to happen anytime soon. What I'm asking is do any of you know of such a game being seriously developed? If not does anyone know what would be required to make an mmorpg and if it is feasable to think that we could collaborate on such a project to make it ourselves.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    There is (or was) one being made but I forget the name. It may have stopped being developed now because I saw it about 2 months ago and if it was still being developed I reckon it would be big news by now. I think it is possible to make an online Pokemon game with Game Maker or Sphere but it would be extremely difficult and I've heard that online connections on GM or really slow.

Years
    SMacnelly said:
    I have seen many topics posted on the web on this subject. Yes, it would be great if such a game was ever made, but it doesnt look like its going to happen anytime soon. What I'm asking is do any of you know of such a game being seriously developed? If not does anyone know what would be required to make an mmorpg and if it is feasable to think that we could collaborate on such a project to make it ourselves.

I know one, but I can't post the link sorry.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The upcoming Nintendo DS has amazing online capabilities. If Nintendo doesn't take this oppurtunity to make an MMORPG of Pok?mon, then they are just plain dumb. I can see it taking place in a huge region (compared to other pok?mon region maps). Where you can customize your character's appearance and other stuff (like good/evil attributes and your goals etc.) and you can upload your team from Ru/Sa/E/FR/LG/Colosseum to battle other people around the world (and the eight new gym leaders in this new region).

meh..but that's just me dreaming real big...

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2004
    tmbjr said:
    The upcoming Nintendo DS has amazing online capabilities. If Nintendo doesn't take this oppurtunity to make an MMORPG of Pok?mon, then they are just plain dumb. I can see it taking place in a huge region (compared to other pok?mon region maps). Where you can customize your character's appearance and other stuff (like good/evil attributes and your goals etc.) and you can upload your team from Ru/Sa/E/FR/LG/Colosseum to battle other people around the world (and the eight new gym leaders in this new region).

meh..but that's just me dreaming real big...

yeah that could be great (it'd probably be one of the few mmorpgs i'd actually like ). You could probably have real people act as gym leaders, if say they were not only to battle they could make a preset of battle tatics that the computer A.I. could adapot and use or something. Sort of like Tetris DX (the gameboy color version) that had a gametype that basically had you fight yourself based on what the computer recorded. Or like Vitrual fighter 4's A.I. mode.

Years
    phoenix316 said:
    There is (or was) one being made but I forget the name. It may have stopped being developed now because I saw it about 2 months ago and if it was still being developed I reckon it would be big news by now. I think it is possible to make an online Pokemon game with Game Maker or Sphere but it would be extremely difficult and I've heard that online connections on GM or really slow.
    I know that guy. He used to post as master666reaper or tokke or something..
    Yeah he was doing sort of ok.. He was using GameMaker and he only ended up making a map-maker for his actual game then he gave up... Never got any rpg-related stuff done but it was still a pity. He had some great ideas like being able to build your own house etc.
    Can someone PM me the link because I would like to give it a try as well..

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I am actually developing a Pokemon MMORPG; I am currently finishing off the World Creator (Map Editor/Inventory Creator/Animation Editor all in one) for it, which I'll be releasing on my site and then alpha testing will begin privately and soon enough public testing will be available.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    DeathChill said:
    I am actually developing a Pokemon MMORPG; I am currently finishing off the World Creator (Map Editor/Inventory Creator/Animation Editor all in one) for it, which I'll be releasing on my site and then alpha testing will begin privately and soon enough public testing will be available.

SCHWEEEEETTT!!!!!!

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Hopefully, nintendo will make one, but they'll probably make a few of the reoccuring mistake around since RBY, so I suggest that we start on our own projects, but we should oprobably wait for the real development till we get emulators and roms of said game, and can make our own off of the DS graphics/capabilities.

mko

Custom User Title
    Years
    DS has wi-fi(802.11) but it doesn't mean you can't connect to internet. If Nintendo releases correct software you may link your ds to your computer and acces internet.
    And pm the link please.

Last edited:
    Years
    Whatever happened to SMacnely? He is not online anymore. I got a pretty good host for the RPG stuff. Same as Ruinscape.

Back