• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moms, Are they all single?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    So I'm playing Pokemon Platinum (woot just restarted)..and I go home to heal my pkmn, and mom's like 'you and ur pkmn look so amazing. you remind me of your father.....' and so on. So I got to wonderin' and realized I've never seen a dad in the games. I have to ask, why do the mothers of the character you're playing in all of the games seem to be single? Your thoughts?

**Excluding Gen. III b/c dad was the 5th gym leader & Pkmn Ranger: SOA cause I remember the ranger actually having a dad**

Years
  • I just assumed that the father was off on a Pokemon journey or doing something somewhere related to Pokemon. Don't forget that the main character in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's father was not only present, but the Gym leader in a nearby town.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the exclusion about the Gen 3 father after I posted. Still though :P

Years
  • The obvious answer is that the player has a housewife for a mom while dad's off working for the company. Bit of a stereotype if you ask me.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • Gosh it´s true...
    So the possibilities are:
    Dead father
    Working father
    Chuck Norris father ( 3° gen i mean )
    or Divorced Father?
    ...............................................................................................
    Yeah, not much.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Gosh it´s true...
    So the possibilities are:
    Dead father
    Working father
    Chuck Norris father ( 3° gen i mean )
    or Divorced Father?
    ...............................................................................................
    Yeah, not much.

well, Ash more than likely has the chuck norris dad. Nobody can defeat him, nobody can find him. sounds like chuck norris to me :)

The obvious answer is that the player has a housewife for a mom while dad's off working for the company. Bit of a stereotype if you ask me.

maybe Nintendo's getting on something here. Working fathers+stay-at-home mom who's bored beyond belief+ only one child = doomsday :rambo: Just look at their demographics.

They're probably divorced.

Or, it could be just the fact that your mom is such a wimp to get a man.

hey man, that includes your 5+ moms too (assuming you've purchased a version of every gen & their follow-ups) :D

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • In R/S/E they point out that your father is a gym leader, so he's most likely too busy, uh, being a gym leader to hang out at home. In D/P/Pt your father works as an assistant to Professor Rowan.

It's not that the mothers are single, just that they're housewives and the father is typically out working or doing whatever. In D/P/Pt at least the mother goes out and does contests and such. :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • In the later generations, they've started to fix that up with Gym Leader Norman and one of Rowan's Aides both being your dad. I wouldn't be surprised if your father will be at home (at least some of the time) in Black and White.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    In the later generations, they've started to fix that up with Gym Leader Norman and one of Rowan's Aides both being your dad. I wouldn't be surprised if your father will be at home (at least some of the time) in Black and White.

it would be funny if in black & white the mom is some powerful gym leader while your dad is a stay-at-home dad who wears an apron. :D

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think I always just assumed that your dad was out on a Pokémon journey of his own. :s

Though, if that were true, it would be nice to run into him every so often. Or even travel with him for a bit. @_@

(Moving this to gen. gaming since you seem to be asking solely about the games.)

skyraider

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • I think that the explanation of the fathers going off to some big trip or being on a Pokemon Journey makes since.

Years
  • It's a theme in a lot of RPGs I find, not just Pokémon, Dad's always seem to be dead/missing/good-guy-gone-bad or just never even have their existence acknowledged while Mum's and Grandparents always seem too be fine.

There you go guys, if you wanna live forever either be a women or retire. :D

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
  • I like to make up my own theories.

R/B/Y: HE WERSSELED A ONYX IN TO SUBMISSION, AS HE HAD NO NEED FOR POKEBALLS. WITH HIS ONYX, HE FORGED A PATH THROUGH VIRIDIAN FOREST, CHEWED THROUGH MT.MOON, AND CREATED THE ROCK TUNNEL. TO TAKE A BREAK, HE DEFEATED ALL OF THE GYMLEADERS. HE THEN DUG A HOLE THROUGH WHAT IS NOW CALLED VICTORY ROAD, WITH HIS BEARD. TO TAKE A BREAK, HE DEFEATED THE ELITE FOUR. FINALLY, HE PASSED ON HIS LEGACY WITH A KANTO WOMAN OF PALLETE. HIS FINAL TASK WAS TO RESIDE ON MT SILVER FOR ALL TIME, UNTILL HE WAS SURPASSED BY HIS SON. HIS CURRENT WHEREABOUTS ARE UNKNOWN.

G/S/C: BORN OF THUNDER AND LIGHTING, HE BUILT TOJO FALLS, WITH HS BARE HANDS. WITH THOSE MIGHTY HANDS, HE DEFEATED AN URSARING, BY ARM WRESTELING IT. HE TOO HAD NO NEED FOR POKEBALLS. WITH HIS MIGHTY URSARING AT HIS SIDE, HE FOARGED A PATH THROUGH UNION CAVE, ILEX FOREST MT.MORTAR, AND ICE PATH. HE THEN WERESTELED A RED GYARADOS IN TO SUBMISSION. HE DEFEATED ALL OF THE JHOTO GYMLEADERS, EXCEPT FOR CLAIR, WHO SURRENDERED THE RISINGBADGE WITHOUT QUESTION. HE CLIMBED OVER VICTORY ROAD, WITH POKEMON ON HIS BACK, AND NO ROPE. HE THEN TOOK OUT THE ELITE FOUR. HIS FINAL TASK WAS TO PASS ON HIS LEGACY, WITH A WOMAN OF NEWBARK TOWN. HIS CURRENT WHEREABOUTS ARE UNKNOWN.

Fr/Lg/Hg/Ss are the same thing.

Why we never heard of them:
    They were highly regarded as legend, and dismissed just as easily. They never gave a name to anbody who asked, instead offering a blazing, soul piercing stare. No two people were able to agree on what he looks like. Because of this, over time people simply forgot about him.

Back