• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 hack: Pokemon Moon Black 2 (September 2020 Update Released)

DeadskullzJr Provided a fix for those playing on their ds/3ds

Pokemon - Moon Black 2 (Beta v3.1) - November 26, 2019

Changelog:
- Fixed header information
- Added custom header information
- Fixed flashcart compatibility

Both the 3.0 and 3.1 patches don't work on all 18 dumps I have for Black 2. It keeps saying its not a valid magic number, or a bad Delta.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What's a good place to get an Xdelta patcher for this? The one I have keeps giving me this notification:

Error : xdelta.exe:C:\users\MyPC\Desktop\Pokemon Romhacks\Pokemon Moon Black 2\Pokemon - Moon Black 2 (Beta v3.1) (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced).xdelta:bad magic number:not a valid delta

Another version of Xdelta that I have, I don't remember why I have 2 btw, gives this:

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Help please?

What's a good place to get an Xdelta patcher for this? The one I have keeps giving me this notification:

Error : xdelta.exe:C:\users\MyPC\Desktop\Pokemon Romhacks\Pokemon Moon Black 2\Pokemon - Moon Black 2 (Beta v3.1) (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced).xdelta:bad magic number:not a valid delta

Another version of Xdelta that I have, I don't remember why I have 2 btw, gives this:

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Help please?

I think its just the patches are not compatible with the rom, hopefully JrFort can fix it soon

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    You guys have a baffling issue, because I tested it TWICE against xDeltaUI and xDeltaGUI and both were successful at patching the game. The error you speak of isn't related to the patch at all, but more so the way the software detects the file as. If the patch was the problem then you should have gotten this error instead:
    Error.png

The dump you need:
    Name: Pokemon - Black Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced).nds
    Size: 536870912 bytes (512 MiB)
    CRC32: D4427FD1
    CRC64: 8978BB2183540C52
    SHA256: 2E6B2415354AA41471BC7617068DCE059A59931BF5C4348A264F8043F297683A
    SHA1: E51E6DFB8678A3D19DCD2A10691B96A569CA0ABB

Dump Verification:
    https://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=28&n=6149

Patch Information:
    Name: Pokemon - Moon Black 2 (Beta v3.1) (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced).xdelta
    Size: 19969408 bytes (19 MiB)
    CRC32: C08596C8
    CRC64: 8F5C4F14290E0926
    SHA256: C485C7F330B29D41FE97B2A9574D3DCAA61F056619A7FDC6146B2600BBE6B965
    SHA1: D68098ACAD5C39D78213154AE750B7F4F67377B7

xDeltaUI Download: (original, same version I use for all my xdelta patches)
    https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

WARNING:
    USING MODIFIED VERSIONS OF SAID SOFTWARE CAN PRODUCE ISSUES. If the software is modded to disable checksum checks, check the integrity of the patch in a manner not normal to the normal software period, or is a third party source of the original source altogether, STOP USING IT! I can't stress this enough, I linked the proper and original version of xDeltaUI for you to use.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Opening and closing my inventory bag causes my game to freeze.
    On the latest Twilight Menu ++.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think its just the patches are not compatible with the rom, hopefully JrFort can fix it soon

just go to our discord and download a whole beta. https://discord.gg/HAAq2Y

You guys have a baffling issue, because I tested it TWICE against xDeltaUI and xDeltaGUI and both were successful at patching the game. The error you speak of isn't related to the patch at all, but more so the way the software detects the file as. If the patch was the problem then you should have gotten this error instead:

Many thank yous for the help. I just downloaded the game from discord instead to make it easier than fiddling around with xDelta for the third time.

Re; the hack itself, I was honestly assuming it was a demake of Sun&Moon on Black2&White2, but this is fine too. I haven't had a pokemon story since Emerald anyway so it's an experience in itself, and what an experience it is. I mean, I got my ass kicked by the girl who is scared of pokemon in canon, so yeah.

Kudos though. Neat romhack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    which version of black2 nds should i use? the 6111 US one does not work
    edit:anyone can share the prepatched rom plz?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    haha! managed to patch it using commandline with xdelta3
    use the 6149 U rom

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2020
    Hey, you say in the beginning of the game that a documentation is available, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you post the link somewhere so it's easier for we to know pokemon locations and etc in Moon Black 2?????

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    bugs found so far:
    1. grubbin's pokedex entry describes it as a tiny pigeon pokemon
    2. the female character skin changes to the original one temporarily when super rod is used

Last edited:

XxAsterxX

Moon Black 2 Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2023
    All Pokédex entires are not changed yet. We didn't prioritize Pokédex entries because they are not very important.
    All Female sprites are not completed yet Fort is still working on it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    one more thing. are the stats of the unova forms different from the original ones? the shiny cyndaquil in castelia had much higher p attack than sp attack...inspite of being mild natured

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2020
    Where can I find mareanie?I searches in the celestial tower but cant find it.Need help!

Back