• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "Morality".

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I understand that it seems wrong since it's basically two people pitting animals to fight one another and betting on the outcome, aka winning money at the end. It's not so bad, though, I mean, it's not real.
    I always found it interesting how the pokemon would never fight trainers, but only the animals. If pokemon have minds of their own, then it'd make sense for them to defend themselves. They would have never been domesticated... Wild pokemon should be more territorial, etc.

This is touched upon. That's why you can't go in the grass without Pokémon. When all your Pokémon are knocked out you make a break for it to the last town you were in, etc. And animals can still be domesticated even if they're violent (e.g. dogs). It's probably harder though.

Years
    If Pokemon negatively influences children to do bad things than I'm worried about this upcoming generation of children that's growing up with games like CoD and Halo.

Be right back, I'm off to buy my bulletproof vest.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Although I don't think violent games influence people like that, CoD and Halo aren't exactly G rated games. :P

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    Hey, if you don't like it, then don't play/watch it. As far as I'm concerned, religious organisations or whoever disapproving with the "morality" within Pokemon is no different than them disapproving of it in other religions or whoever. Morality is a subjective topic, open to interpretation and solely a product of personal belief. They're entitled to their beliefs, but that doesn't give them the right to ruin it for the rest of us.

As for Pokemon having a negative/violent impact upon children...nonsense. I would think (or hope, I suppose) that the younger generation have enough sense to distinguish between reality and fiction, and that their parents are responsible enough to ensure that any emulation of what has been seen on television or in games or whatever doesn't reach dangerous levels. Contrary to what seems to be a popular belief amongst these people who forever prattle on about how these things are a bad influence, children aren't entirely stupid, they do know where the line is; it's the media overdramatizing the acts of a few, and you can hardly judge the whole by the small percentage who decide to take it too far. Pokemon is actually quite tame, since it depicts fictional animals fighting, and not the people themselves.

Practically every anime and cartoon these days is violent, but they don't call it violence anymore, they call it "action" instead. If you disapprove of one of them, you may as well disapprove of all of them.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    These are the same games where the stories keep shoving down the message of "BE A GOOD PERSON >:C" while we defeat giant crime syndicates trying to take over the world by being awesome and doing your best.

....the hate it receives for 'morality issues' is very much someone being bored and looking for something to chastise. The same people that made jynx's face purple.

Back