• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mountain Dew

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    :|...

I know the title is cheesy, but I know what I'm doing.

Anyways, I have decided to get into ROM hacking and I get the hang of it, and I made an idea of something that was probably never done before. This hack is gonna be SATIRICAL.

It is Kanto ok, but in some other dimension. Everything is fine, the name is still Pokemon...

However, they are not the Pokemon you know, they are freaking parodies of almost everything(Michael Jackson, Quagsmire, Burger King, etc...)

Why Pokemon Mountain Dew? Because there actually IS a Mountain Dew in what was Route 1. There is a secret power in there that seems to be turning all the Pokemon BORING :O. Oh noes!

On the storyline:

You start as your choice of boy or girl. You start your journey in Dew Town. Professor Ruth call you to his house(or some abomination of a mess). He asks you to go to Duck City up north of Mountain Dew to help one of his friends. After you get there, you will realize that there a mob of Quagsmires. There you choose your first Pokemon to battle them. However, you see that a few of the Quagsmires are boring and simply don't attack normally, after you report to Professor Ruth again, he is gonna ask you a favor of collecting information on the Pokemon with the e-Pedia(Pokedex). He also asks you if you could go to Qwerty City to collect an orb from an empty lair. He gives you a pass for federal permission.

After you get the first orb which you don't have to battle with, you see Mountain Dew suffer an explosion. Ruth comes to you to see what is going on, and after a conversation with him, his friend and your mom, you are asked to collect the rest of the 7 orbs with your rival. And so starts your journey. I'm not gonna spoil the end much, but you will have a final...strange...battle.

On the features:

All Pokemon will be "new" Pokemon. You will not hear of the original Pokemon. All attacks will also be different, but I may need some help there. Sprites will be of different styles, and of course, Items will be different but some will have the same effect as in FireRed. And of course, more Satarism to chew than you can swallow.

It's a hack of Pokemon FireRed and it's barely starting progress, so I decided to start here. Comments and Criticism is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    I like the idea of Michael Jackson in a game but it's also creepy :o. Is he like your rival?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Interesting, but humorous idea. However, I find oftentimes that these, uh, parody-hacks tend to die off quickly.. But I hope this one doesn't. C'mon, get some screenshots and develop a fanbase! ;D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Yeah pretty much what Vrai said. Hacks like this, they are amusing and something most people would like to play. But the problem with them, is that they a lot of hard work. Now, I am being skeptical of this hack because I, and many others have have parodies badly fail. So, I suggest you start making progress and get a fan base, GL!

Awesome

has divided by zero.
    Years
    This could be a decent hack...good luck with it. I would definatly play it if it got finished.

Back