• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Movie 12 DVD release AT ALL?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Yeah, um, I seem to keep having to ask this.

You know... Pokemon Movie 12...

"Arceus and the Jewel of Life"

Is it going to be released on DVD in the U.S.? Because... it's like... it keeps being delayed again and again for a DVD release. WTF?! Why does it keep being delayed? Does anyone know?

I'm also starting to wonder if Arceus and the Jewel of Life will be released on DVD AT ALL in the U.S.

Think someone can clear this up for me and help me out on this subject AGAIN?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, actually it hasn't gone through my mind that the DVD hasn't been released :\ not even a an announced date

For what reason I really don't think there is anything that is confirmable. Might be lack of a willing distributor or something. Or maybe TPC is busy with something else. Who knows, but I will admit this period of time is very unusual. And right now they should be taking care of the 13th movie obviously, so it might be a while. It's also possible that the concept of Arceus might be a bit controversial or something.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well, actually it hasn't gone through my mind that the DVD hasn't been released :\ not even a an announced date

For what reason I really don't think there is anything that is confirmable. Might be lack of a willing distributor or something. Or maybe TPC is busy with something else. Who knows, but I will admit this period of time is very unusual. And right now they should be taking care of the 13th movie obviously, so it might be a while. It's also possible that the concept of Arceus might be a bit controversial or something.

So... they're going to "ban" Arceus now?

Wow. Just wow.

What utter BS.

Our morals in the U.S. have all gone straight out the window nowadays.

>:-(

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm sure that I speak for Jorah when I say that I'm happy that they finally released this DVD.

https://www.wbshop.com/Pokmon-Arceus-and-the-Jewel-of-Life/1000183880,default,pd.html?cgid=DVDPRE

The announced 4:3 format. D: Hopefully that's a mistake.

And LOL at Arceus being "controversial". The release date is February 1, 2011.

Sheesh. Took them long enough! :cer_laugh: I was wondering why they would have any qualms about its release, considering it aired on TV IIRC. The "controversy" thing would've been very odd; I was worried about it as well...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm sure that I speak for Jorah when I say that I'm happy that they finally released this DVD.

https://www.wbshop.com/Pokmon-Arceus-and-the-Jewel-of-Life/1000183880,default,pd.html?cgid=DVDPRE

Oh finally. But that's still a bit far into the future >__> these guys are lazy bums.

...and I could have sworn there were more asterisks in that post >__> Get out of Jorah's account Avogadro.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm sure that I speak for Jorah when I say that I'm happy that they finally released this DVD.

Actually, no, I didn't really like this film, so I don't care whether it's released or not. I'm still sad Dan Green didn't play Arceus, as well :( Yeah, 4:3?? Seriously? I'm sure the last films were released in 16:9 in America, right?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    ...and I could have sworn there were more asterisks in that post >__> Get out of Jorah's account Avogadro.

I don't wanna get off of it. D:

Jorah said:
    Actually, no, I didn't really like this film, so I don't care whether it's released or not. I'm still sad Dan Green didn't play Arceus, as well :( Yeah, 4:3?? Seriously? I'm sure the last films were released in 16:9 in America, right?

It's probably a mistake. Hopefully it's a mistake.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I can't wait to get it!
    I'm gonna be watching it over and over and over...

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    according to bulbapedia its due on feb 11, 2011!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pokemon Movie 12 DVD release AT ALL?

^ Theres the cover for those who haven't seen it.
    I like it but if the UK does get a release, then it will probably be different.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Pokemon Movie 12 DVD release AT ALL?

^ Theres the cover for those who haven't seen it.
    I like it but if the UK does get a release, then it will probably be different.

Ooh...pretty! :D I actually think the cover looks pretty cool, although I still wish the movie were titled Pokemon The Movie: Advent of Arceus - To The Conquest of Spacetime!, while still preserving the font used to write "Arceus"... The Character Name and The Noun Phrase format is getting a bit old... :(

A year and 2.5 months from TV premiere to DVD release...whoa! Yet it was able to premiere the same year as its Japanese release and the English release of Giratina and The Sky Warrior...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • WTF?!

I still don't understand why it was delayed CONSTANTLY (because it obviously was) but whatever.

This means that the movie 13 movie dub will come out on DVD either next year too or early 2012.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    My god, what a whiney fanbase. It's like we're just never satisfied. =P
    It had taken such a long time, so almost everyone got annoyed. But I'm glad to hear that we finally have a date. XD

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Actually, no, I didn't really like this film, so I don't care whether it's released or not. [S-HIGHLIGHT]I'm still sad Dan Green didn't play Arceus, as well [/S-HIGHLIGHT]:( Yeah, 4:3?? Seriously? I'm sure the last films were released in 16:9 in America, right?

I haven't even seen the film yet, but that was a Missed Moment of Awesome indeed... I think it would have been funny hearing Arceus bellow to the humans and Pokemon in Yami Yugi's/Atem's voice, though. :cer_laugh:

But in any case, I'm glad there's finally a release date on this. I'm wondering how the Zoroark movie will be affected though. I think it'll have to air before May (maybe even April?) at the most, as the premiere of the English dubbed version of Best Wishes will likely coincide with the English releases of Pokemon Black and White Versions, which I anticipate will occur between March and April (going off of the Spring 2011 release announcement of the games). Any later, and it will be a bit odd to see not only Ash in his "last-gen" outfit, but also Dawn and Brock while Iris and Dent are traveling with Ash in Isshu. IMO, it'll look like the Zoroark movie was rushed to TV a mere 2 months after the Arceus movie finally managed to see DVD release.

Back