• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time and Darkness

What Pokemon do you want to be

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
I want to be pikachu ^^

what version is everyone getting? I'm going to get Explorers of time. o.o

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 10, 2009
I hate DP, but PMD1 rocked on the DS. When is the second coming out? What are the differences between Time and Darkness?

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
I hate DP, but PMD1 rocked on the DS. When is the second coming out? What are the differences between Time and Darkness?

There aren't many. Just version-exclusive pokemon, I think. You can only get Mewtwo,
Burmy, Buneary, Lopunny, and Rotom in Darkness. And you can only get Celebi, Combee, Pachirisu, Riolu, and Lucario in Time.

EDIT: Also, it's supposed to come in April. On the 20th. You can preorder in Target, last I checked, and maybe in other places. =3

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 10, 2009
where can i get this special guide book i read about in an email from nintendo?

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 10, 2009
i hate how half the new pokemon were babies/evolutions of the first two generations. I also don't like the 3D graphics.

EDIT - i dont see where it says to reserve it...

mrshaun7

King of the Mighty Turtwig
Years
What version are you getting?

I think I will get Explorers of Darkness because of mewtwo. But Explorers of time has lucario...

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
There's mail that unlocks all version specific characters and legendaries, except I think Mewtwo/Celebi.

So if I'm correct, it just matters on which one you want.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
i hate how half the new pokemon were babies/evolutions of the first two generations. I also don't like the 3D graphics.

EDIT - i dont see where it says to reserve it...
about MD2 , no not yet the official hadn't make any reservation, but i'm sure the reservation for the game and official guide book will come out at the sameday.

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
Years
*Rambling Warning... Again*

Explorers of Darkness for me. It's my first choice just because of the title.

As for the pokemon you can be, well, I don't know if I want a particular one. I know I reset it a lot with the first one. It depends if I get the guide I suppose, but this time, I think I'll try to stick with the one I'm given for a while, and see how that goes.

I tried the personality test too... a couple times just to see. Since the questions are given at random, sometimes it feels like I can't really answer some, so here are the top three in the order I got them.

First Try: Torchic

Second Try: Bulbasaur (got this twice in a row after Torchic)

Third Try: Cyndaquil

It would be somewhat funny-- not a literally laugh-out-loud kind of way-- if I didn't get any of those. Most likely Bulbasaur if any though... got that on my first try on the first one on DS. I'm kinda hoping not though, it feels like there's too much weakness to me.

*Rambling Over*

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2008
I figure I will just go with Torchic, that was what I got on the personality test anyways, I'd have a hard time making a choice if I bothered to think about favorites or something.
Heck I haven't even looked up the game yet, I just reserved it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I guess I'll get it, but every Pokémon game I've gotten on the DS has been pure failure on the fun factor...

EDIT: Since I was asked nicely by the creator of the thread, I'll go into more detail on why I feel that the pokémon games have been failures on the DS.

Ranger - Way to hard, it wasn't really that gripping, and the pokémon hitting your line just got me ready to break my DS in half.

Dash - Again, extremely hard, and offered nothing real to reward you for it. It was really shallow.

Mystery Dungeon - While I enjoyed the plot line, it kind of left you in the middle of town for a while, not really telling you what you need to do to advance. Also, I found the gameplay to be very boring, and the control were kind of funky.

D/P - It focused way to much on the new features, and it got extremely boring. Also, it got really hard to keep my team up to date without extreme grinding.

I think I got them all.
Thank You for answering my question!!

Pokemon Ranger - I admit the Pokemon Ranger 1 is hard, but Pokemon Ranger 2 is more easy then the first one, so hopefully you can enjoy the game!!

Pokemon Dash - I also think the game has no rewarding, instead the Nintendo took my money for this game.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - If you think the game is boring, so it's hard to say if you're gonna like the second series, since only few changes were made.

Back