• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fan Club

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
Years
  • Oh yes I never thought of that ^^ But it gets annoying cause I was up to a really strong Level in the Mt Blaze and then Poochyena wanders off and faints because Poochyena is quite a low level. > <

Poochyena has Run Away - the most annoying ability there is, so he will try to run away whenever his HP is below 50%. If you want to level him up, he has to be the leader.

Seriously, that stupid tactic is only good for really weak pokemon, I always have my partner and some of my stronger pokemon use the "Go after foes tactic" I never really use any of the other ones...

"LGT" is not even good for really weak ones, "avoid the first hit" is much better as they gain evasion and will try to avoid AOE (area of effect) attacks like Silverwind. Just use "Go after foes" and chage leader when you have to.

any tips on getting Lugia to join?

You need to go alone (or take 1 partner) because Lugia takes 4 slots on your team. but I personally cannot be bothered going through 99 floors unless there are at least 20 pitfalls that take you through 1~5 floors each. As pitfalls are the rarest trick tile, i wouldnt bother (until i find some hax that can take you thru floors faster).

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • from my experience, NEVER, EVER use the "lets go 2gethr" tactic! your team mates will ALWAYS stay BEHIND you and not attack foes until attacked. it just leaves the leader vulnerable.

Have your strongest teammate using the "Go after foes" tactic and the ones you want to level up use "avoid the 1st hit". If they wander off too far, use a Rollcall Orb. (buy from the chameleons)

Be sure to utilize the "get away" and "stay there" commands as well, especially when you're trying to recruit a boss, where your leader has to make the killing blow to make them join.

BTW, Mew appears RANDOMLY in the Buried Relic level, from B36 to B98... I was lucky enough to see him at level 42, but he didn't join for some reason (the leader killed him, my party wasnt full and I haven't got large teammates). Maybe he joins at random too... Anyway Mew only appears ONCE each time you enter the level! if you kill him, he won;t appear again until you re-enter.

Those are very good tips ^^ :D I'm playing right now as I type...and I'm going to try to change to a good tactic for Poochyena...:D

I'm not up to the Buried Relic level before, but I'm hoping I'm quite close to it...^^ I really want Mew to join my team!

Has any of you got the legendaries to join your team yet? I have to wait till the credits pass (I think) until I can get legendaries so I'll have to be patient. Also when you battle the legendaries (bosses) they're actually not as hard as I thought. I was thinking that it was VERY hard, seeing as they're legendaries..

~Solarys~ said:
    Poochyena has Run Away - the most annoying ability there is, so he will try to run away whenever his HP is below 50%. If you want to level him up, he has to be the leader.
    Haha I see :D Damn Poochyena...which is why I don't let Poochyena get attacked too much..I can't make Poochyena the leader yet...cause I actually don't know how xD I think you have the let the Credits pass first before you can let your team members be leaders?

~Mighty_Mightyena99 :t262:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
  • Erm...I use one that puts you on top of the stair case XD....but I went with just me...I'm level 100, have friend bow, and i'm Lucario Rank...wait...I think I shot him from far away...also I can only get Registeel to join me, I used to hate the Regis...now I only like Regice :P

Also about the team leaders yes...you do have to do that...the only troubling thing is once you do that...you can NEVER have your partner follow you like he did before...its annoying.

Years
  • all my pkmn (eevee, pikachu) are on lv 50 each but i'm only up to the stage where the alakazam group haven't returned and a team of blastiose, octillery and golem have left, i've gone from normal rank to silver and i've done like 20 missions, but nothing news happened, i need help.

HELP? i really want to continue with the game

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Oh, thats the part where you have to kill Groudon in the Magma Cave. You need to have the HM surf to enter (i think but not too sure).

Also look for the levels with a [GO] tag (not the mail tag) before the name, go there and check out what you have to do - normally you need to see someone or find a certain item if you've beaten the level once before hand.

I'm playing my second game so when i get that far i'll see what u need to do. i didnt have any trouble getting thru it when i played the game the 1st time so i didnt take any specific notice...

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • Also about the team leaders yes...you do have to do that...the only troubling thing is once you do that...you can NEVER have your partner follow you like he did before...its annoying.

Ah yes I see! Aw I really want my partner to follow me around...I read some spoilers of the game but I think that your partner says its a lot easier if the partner didn't follow you around anymore or something...and then they go back to their friend area and call them there...

~Solarys~ said:
    Oh, thats the part where you have to kill Groudon in the Magma Cave. You need to have the HM surf to enter (i think but not too sure).

..I think I just passed that part. And uh I didn't have Surf to enter. Actually I just kept moving ahead with some missions and getting some Pokemon to join the team. But I think after one day I think that you have a dream with Gardevoir in it..and uh then the next morning a Pokemon (I think it was a Lombre) comes and tells you to come to Pokemon Square and there you'll see the Golem, Octillery and Blastoise are defeated. So that is where you go on...I'm not too sure what your supposed to do for that to happen though I can't help you there > < Sorry!

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Sry i was wrong - you need surf to enter the Entei level. anyway try doing an optional mission and go back to bed, a Kirlia or Gardevoir or whatever should tell you what to do or where to go while youre sleeping.

Bassistx56

himynameisnick
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2006
    Mew

Mew is weird

After you beat the game you have to talk to medicham, then lombre, then whiscash to get the hm dive

Then you can go to the stormy sea where kyogre is on the 40th floor, Defeat it

Then you will soon get a message in the mail about a new relic discovered and buried relic will be open for exploration

on the 15th floor is Regirock, defeat him for the Rock Part

on the 25th floor is Regice, defeat him for the Ice Part

on the 35th floor is Registeel, defeat him for the Steel part

Once all these are obtained they will otamatically combine to form the Music Box

The music box can draw mew out of hiding

from floors 36-98 mew can be found sporadically

watch the message box which may indicate mew used transform, thus appearing as a different pokemon

Be sure you purchased the friend area final island

*Come back to recruit Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, but you need the music box in your inventory

:)

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • watch the message box which may indicate mew used transform, thus appearing as a different pokemon

Mew will NOT use Transform in this level. He knows it but will never use it (the AI had trasnform turned off).

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    May I join too? I have the game and now having fun playing it.

Hope you guys accept me. Coz I am now a Fanc Of PMDR!

Years
  • Oh, thats the part where you have to kill Groudon in the Magma Cave. You need to have the HM surf to enter (i think but not too sure).

Also look for the levels with a [GO] tag (not the mail tag) before the name, go there and check out what you have to do - normally you need to see someone or find a certain item if you've beaten the level once before hand.

I'm playing my second game so when i get that far i'll see what u need to do. i didnt have any trouble getting thru it when i played the game the 1st time so i didnt take any specific notice...

ummm.... kay... i'll try, i've had several [GO] but it was just to save someone... and where do i get surf... i'm using a rom so is it okay if i just use a have every item in storage code? and how can i change leaders and get rid of my partner to go alone...? help again...

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • ummm.... kay... i'll try, i've had several [GO] but it was just to save someone... and where do i get surf... i'm using a rom so is it okay if i just use a have every item in storage code? and how can i change leaders and get rid of my partner to go alone...? help again...

Are you sure you've been going to the [GO] tags and not the [MAIL TAGS]? Cause maybe you've been going to the mail tags and not the [GO] tags. Most chance there is something to do at the [GO] tags before the Blastoise team come back.
    Oh and when your on the Dungeons Menu...there may be a second page to that Dungeons Menu so just make sure bout that...here I'll give you a screenshot of what I mean (hopefully thats allowed ><)

^ Thats the first page

^ Thats the second page...theres a [GO] tag there as well..if you see those [GO] tags near a dungeon..then you should go there...if you think your a high enough level.

How you can change leaders is I think only after you see the credits and also when you pass the Sky Tower...thats only what I think. But at the place that your at I don't think that you can change leaders yet. Nor can I and I'm up to the Sky Tower.

Years
  • ITS OKAY! i figured it out... i just had to find that wobefet and wynaut and i found 'em thanks!

but i still don't know how to change leaders or how to get rid of my partner to go alone...

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • ITS OKAY! i figured it out... i just had to find that wobefet and wynaut and i found 'em thanks!

but i still don't know how to change leaders or how to get rid of my partner to go alone...

Okay thats great! You'll be getting an Eevee house I think if you got an Eevee as your character. That'll be so cute ^^

You can't change your leader or get rid of your partner at the place in the game you are now. You have to wait until the credits pass. Now I'm quite sure about that.

Oh and does anyone know how Pokemon evolve?

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Oh and does anyone know how Pokemon evolve?

Go ALONE into the cave at Whiscash pond after you killed the dragon boss on sky tower and stopped the meteor. But if you're Eevee then its a bit difficult because you need to find those random stones to evolve him. I started as a Meowth and i was way past Lv28 so I could evolve into a Persian right away.

Back