• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystic

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Welcome!!

Why I'm doing this:
    I wanted to make my mark on Pokecommunity. I don't want to be someone that creates just another hack. I want to be someone that makes one of the greatest hacks ever known. Like Shiny Gold for instance. But. I didn't want to be like zel and make this a one-man project. I made a team of four highly-dedicated hackers. Now of course, It will take time to achieve this feat. So, all that's left to say is. . .

Let's Get Hackin'!

The story:

In the thriving town of Pine Village, a lowly village in the thriving world of Sirine, a student at Pokemon Academy seeks to graduate and obtain his own pokemon. But after class is dismissed one day, the boy stumbles upon what changes his life forever. What he found was a secret shrine, dedicated to the time-traveling pokemon, Celebi. His grandfather once told him stories of this pokemon. He said Celebi was released long ago by the person that found a very unique pokeball. The GS Ball. Of course, at the time that person had no idea what the pokeball could do. Many years later, the Pokemon Professor, Ivy, found this long lost pokeball. She studied it for a while, but it was stolen by some evil group that supposedly disbanded a few years ago. Noone ever knew what became of the GS Ball...

The curious boy decided to open the ball and obtain its secrets. But what he found was not Celebi, but the evil pokemon, Darkrai. Before he knew it, he knocked out by Darkrai and thrown to the other end of the shrine...

While the boy was knocked out, Darkrai began turning the world into ForeverNight, a decimated universe that has no source of light, what-so-ever. Celebi caught wind of this attack on the world when he warped to the future and found ForeverNight in place of Sirine. Celebi warped back to exact time Sirine was lost and found Darkrai. Celebi did his best to stop him. Celebi's last hope resided in warping to Darkrai back into GS Ball. Celebi then took the chance and used some of the last remaining energy he had to freeze Darkrai in the Sub-Space of the GS Ball.

Our hero wakes up back at the shrine with the GS Ball in his hand. He tried to open it again but it would not open. He heard Professor had been taking a trip to Sirine recently. He hopes to find her and tell her what happened...

Can our hero acieve this impossible feat?

Play and find out!

Features:

Explore the new world of Sirine!
    Meet new pokemon on the way!
    Watch out for New Friends...
    And Foes!
    A Reason to obtain badges.

Level of Difficulty:
    Medium to Medium-Hard

Not dead-easy...
    Nor extremely Hard!

Current Bugs:

• (Completely) Fix the pokemon Scripts
    • Make the trainer go into the shrine
    • If you find more, tell me.
    Screenshots:

Pokemon Mystic
    Pokemon Mystic
    Pokemon Mystic
    Pokemon Mystic

Pokemon Mystic
    Pokemon Mystic

Pokemon Mystic
    Pokemon Mystic

Pokemon Mystic

Commonly Asked Questions:
    Q: How do I play?
    A:
    First download Lunar IPS.
    1.Then obtain a FireRed ROM. Then dowload VisualBoy Advance.
    2.Open Lunar IPS, then select "Apply IPS Patch".
    3.Locate the ROM you obtained in the pop-up menu and Select it.
    4.Open VisualBoy Advance and open the patched ROM.
    5.Enjoy!

Q:
    How come the back sprite doesn't look like the Overworld Sprite?
    A
    : Because we have not implemented it in the game yet. I assure you it will be in the next Alpha.

Q:
    How did you make this?
    A: I used tools and scripting.

Q:What tools did you use?
    A: I used Advance Map 1.90, eXtreme Script Editor 1.0.1, and Free Space Finder. If you need more, I suggest you go to the toolbox.

Q:What's "scripting"?
    A:Scripting is what tells the game, or a person in the game, what to do.

Q: Where can I learn scripting?
    A: Have a look around the Documents and Tutorials section.

Downloads:
    Lunar IPS
    VisualBoyAdvance

Current Alpha or Beta:
    Alpha 14.1

Support Banner:
    Pokemon Mystic

The team:
    The Mystical Hackers
    Have Fun!!!

Feel free to post anything about this hack!

Last edited:

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    :D Ooh, a hack.

I've played a few in the past, but haven't in a while. Gonna download this :]

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Well, that is what I'm trying to do. I've watch almost all of the episodes and movies of Pokemon, but there never was much that had anything to do with the GS Ball (I think just one movie.) So I thought, why not give people more insight on it. How the story really happened. And all of the mysteries of the GS Ball, revealed.

Years
    We should probably discuss this in the TD thread. Speaking of which, you should include a link to the TD thread so people know who's working on it.

The only problem with that is that a good majority of the concept is discussed(unless it's something crucial to the story, which would be discussed with Seth privately)

We wouldn't want to spoil the story for everyone~

Back