• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon near you

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Interesting topic!

Stantler
    Miltank
    Tauros
    Mareep
    Ponyta
    Rapidash
    Growlithe
    Meowth
    Tailow
    Spearow
    Pidgey
    Murkrow
    Caterpie
    Wurmple
    Paras
    Skitty
    Zigzagoon
    Sentret
    Goldeen
    Seaking

I'll post more when I can think of some. Oh, I live in southern USA...deciduous forest/city hybrid.

Miror B.

"Music!"
    Years
    Here in southern Louisiana, it's very marshy, etc.

So,

Totodile
    Croconaw
    Feraligatr
    Wooper
    Quagsire
    Yanma
    Yanmega
    Azurill
    Marill
    Azumarill
    Bidoof
    Bibarel
    Psyduck
    Golduck
    Skorupi
    Drapion
    Croagunk
    Toxicroak
    Kecleon
    Tangela
    Tangrowth
    Tropius
    Shellos
    Gastrodon
    Buizel
    Floatzel
    Lotad
    Lombre
    Ludicolo
    Starly
    Staravia
    Staraptor
    Hoothoot
    Noctowl
    Sentret
    Furret

There might be more..

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I live in Southwestern USA, so I'd expect to see some desert dwellers like Cacnea and Cacturne and, dare I say it...TRAPINCH. :D I might also see some Yanma flying around and maybe some Starlys. And if a sanstorm occured, I'd keep my eyes peeled for any Flygon...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I live in North Eastern US, so I see these:

I've been seeing a lot of frogs lately, so Politoed (I'm pretty sure they're not poisonous. Otherwise, they're Croagunk XD). I've seen a couple of Skitty roaming around. There's an annoying horde of Pachirisu in the tree tops above my house. Zubat fly around at night, along with Hoothoot and maybe Noctowl. Murkrow are seen with them.

During the day, I've seen Taillow, and my Houndour puppy and I chased a Buneary once.

..yeah..

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    This is a cool thread. Most of the ones here have been done a zillion times already.

I would have lotsa ice types in my area (Alaska), and the lake I live by would be infested with lotad in the summer. There's also quite a bit of stantler and murkrow. Plus, I has my glameow, purugly, and poochyena <3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I live on the outskirts of a big city, so I'm bound to see Grimers, Koffings, Voltorbs, etc. more than anything with some domestic pokemon like Meowth, Snubbull, and Eevee mixed in.

Outside of town, there's nothing but grassland and some deciduous forests, so I imagine I can see field pokemon like Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Buneary, Ekans, and Sandshrew as well as some birds like Pidgey, Spearow, and Taillow.

There are some scattered farmlands out there where I can expect to see some Miltank, Tauros, Torchick, Spoink, Ponyta, and even the occasional Doduo.

In the forests, I imagine seeing a lot of bugs like Weedle, Caterpie, Spinarak, Wurmple and some Stantler as well.

I won't even get started on the various plantlike pokemon that are feasible in this area. >_>

Years
    Probably the bird Pokemon (Taillow, Pidgey, Spearow). I have a dog, so maybe some Growlithes or Poochyenas would be around. SOme Meowths or Glameows because there are a lot of stray/feral cats in my neighborhood. Maybe a Buneary. Kinda boring over here in the Northeast US.

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    ill see mostly bugs and flying types but there should be lots of water too and i swear i saw mew the other day (that cloud looked identical and it was even pink too what r the odds)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Giratina.

Serously. When it's nighttime, my town looks exactly like the distortion world.

except it's not floating.

BalumixBiffle

Legendary User
    Years
    Oh jeez... Where I live, it's almost constant rain and fog, so it'd probably be a bug-catchers dream to live around the area. Pidgey would come out with the occasional sunlight as well as other grassland Pokemon like Rattata and Sunkern. Things like Pachirisu or the like would be quite a rare find. Fire and ground types would be most likely to never appear unless it were kept as a pet from another area. Skitty, Poochyena, or Zizagoon being the common household pet.
    I could imagine Nincada and Surskit being most common.

Years
    Well i live in San Antonio,TX..so i guess we would have lots and lots sandshrew,digletts,and any other pokemon that live in extreme heat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Here in my house id say a Perssian. Outside, there will be lots of Pidgeys/pigeottos/pidgets, and some granbulls, or houndours too.

BowtiePenguin

Proud; noble; penguins.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I live in Maryland... which is tricky to place. On the one hand, we've got a lot of farms, so I guess there'd be Miltanks and whatever else counts as rural pokemon. On the other hand, I live in an urban area, so there'd be rattata, Grimer and Koffing. On a third hand, (I guess this is an Aipom) I live on the shore, so there'd be a plethora of Water Pokemon.

lurker

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
    i live in a next to an open wild life reserve, andc on the other side of that is an electric plant, so proably shroomish, nidoran, bellsprout, scyther, electabuzz, beedrill, butterfree, execute, abra, venonat, rattata, pidgey, spearow, pikachu, voltorb, magnamite, furret, tederussa

silverdreams92

Team Rocket member at heart
    Years
    I currently have a Growlithe, and I used to have a Chatot. My best friend has a Meowth and a Glameow.

I live in a coastal town, so a lot of water pokemon. Probably Squirtle(and evos.), Mantine, Mantyke, we have a plethora of Wingull and Pelipper, also a lot of Tentacool, Finneon and Lumineon, Magikarp, Marill, Maybe a Lapras or Gyrados deeper in the ocean.

There is also a forest less than a mile away from my house. I think I would see Pichu and Pikachu, Oddish, Beedrill, Caterpi, Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Butterfree, and a lot more bug and grass types.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmmm, well definatly some Tailow, Wingull, and Pidgey. There are alot of Ledyba around as well. Roselia are obviously everywhere, and i know one of the neihbours have a Torterra, which would explain the Turtwig. Heck, I see some Bulbasaur as well!. Some Meowth come by, but its rare, as with the Stunky. Butterfree and Beautifly come around here often , and so do Beedrill. We also have alot of Oddish running by, and some, but no alot Geodude as well. Hehe, also, as i am in Canada, Snover are everywhere! =D

that was fun =3

Back