• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Where can I find the ruby to get the 8th gym badge?

Ruby hint:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi again just wondering if you could make a sprite for the not so friendly rival because he needs a good look and the professor as well.

That would be a good idea, but I'm not a good spriter and spriting would take a while. As of now, that's not something that's in the first plan.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years

Pokemon Neon Blue

Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E

Story

You start out in a town named Eon Town, in a brand new region. Upon leaving your room, your sibling tells you that the professor is eagerly waiting for you to come to the lab, so that you can obtain your first pokemon.
    On your way to become the best trainer, you'll face two team rocket grunts which will interfere with your plans, and you will have to stop them in their tracks multiple times thorough the story. There are also, apart from the players sibling, many rivals such as May, Brendan (friendly rivals), and Denzel (the not so friendly rival).
    Most hints that will help the player progress thorough the game are given by prof. Cornel, (text reading is important).
    Hm's are needed for certain parts of the game, and their location is also explained by NPC's, some signs, etc.

Features

• A brand new region with lots of new maps, events that differ from the original games.
    • Some custom palettes (some ow tiles, ), custom ow sprite, backsprite (for male player only), new town map. (making these is way harder than it seems).
    • Some custom added ASM routines (releasing a pokemon - not using the pc, The IV display on the stat menu).
    • Lots of pokemon available, including all legendary pokemon from gen1 to gen3 which can be obtained with various methods (some before the elite 4, some with certain requirements, some randomly by chance, etc...)
    • New music tracks (mostly battle tracks)
    • A place after the elite 4 where you can battle against one of the 19 NPC's (the choice of the NPC is random, and every NPC there was previously encountered/the player interacted with the NPC) - called the CK Frontier (although that's the only feature as of now).
    • All 8 badges obtainable, and the elite 4 and the champion events are available.

Screenshots

Screenshots include many things like town map preview, showcase of edited palettes & ow + sprite edits, some events and certain pokemon encounters.

Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E
    Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E

The region - maps put together:

HM locations and requirements to obtain them:
    Spoiler:

Some tips (to not get lost in the game):
    Spoiler:

Gym completion order & tips (only two are optional in order and no gym leader uses a monotype team):
    Spoiler:

Secrets:
    Spoiler:

Credits

• Of course, GameFreak and Nintendo for making the games in the first place
    • Well, me, as every modification in this rom was made by me, although, I used tools from various sources that have immensely helped me while making this rom hack, and all credits go to the authors of said tools.

• Tools & resources used:

- Advance Map
      - Sappy & Mid2Agb
      - Nameless sprite editor
      - Hopeless trainer editor
      - Unlz Gba
      - XSE script editor
      - Intro text editor
      - ASM compiler
      - Iv stat display screen on the summary menu
      - Complete item editor
      - Advanced palette editor
      - Pokemon intro cry editor
      - Nameless tilemap editor
      - (Hopefully all credits have been covered)

Bugs

• Although the likelyhood of bugs not existing in rom hacks is pretty low, I think that no major bugs exist here. Some movement permission errors or NPC dialogue issues/grammar errors are quite possible, though.
      Note: The obtained VS Seeker doesn't work as intended.

Download

Download is in the attachment below.

Once again, I have just made some modifications to the base rom purely out of fun, and because I've enjoyed playing pokemon games. I do not own the game, and the game is not intended for sale. The purpose of the rom hack is to provide a new, unique experience for the players, with my vision of how a pokemon game looks like, with changed events and storyline.

Note: Most of the game's mechanics remain unchanged, such as the pokemon obtainable are from gen 1 to 3, battle engine is the same, etc. Changes made are mostly story, maps, scripts and graphics of the game.

Edit: Uploaded a new patch that gets rid of the Khian Village "softlock" and added some fire type pokemon in Neonox City's Lavapit Crater.
    - Added a small cave in Sylectro Lane with some rare encounters, fixed some tile errors in Mystal Forest.

Edit: 1.1v
    - Fixed a glitch where if the player lost against prof. Cornel in Voxel Town, Denzel wouldn't teleport them back again.
    - Added some more pokemon like: Porygon2, Golem, Snorunt, Glalie, Surskit, Masquerain, Girafarig in random places.
    - Slight map changes in some areas.
    This game is complete?! Very nice, I'll be sure to try it once I get the chance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Has mega evolution system?

The game's battle mechanics remain unchanged, so it doesn't have mega evolution.

What is the level curve for This? I'm really considering playing this depending on the curve.

I altered trainer levels near the end of making the game, and tried to balance it out as much as possible. I was able to beat the game using a feraligatr that eneded up being level 90+ in the end without any major problematic battles along the way.

Though I think that if you start out with Typhlosion it the game is on "hard mode", and "medium mode" with Meganium.

By the end of 8th gym, pokemon that the player ends up facing will be about 55+ in level, with the champion using a very high level team (about 70), so it may be sightly unbalanced there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    Hi first: I want to tell that this hack is very good :)
    But I have a problem : Where do i get the Tri-pass to enter the Elite 4?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi first: I want to tell that this hack is very good :)
    But I have a problem : Where do i get the Tri-pass to enter the Elite 4?

Hi, glad you like the rom hack..

Now, the way you can get the tri pass is: (explained in the spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    Hi, glad you like the rom hack..

Now, the way you can get the tri pass is: (explained in the spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Well, I catched the pokemon ,but Prof Cornel isn´t in his lab at Eon Town, did i miss another Lab ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Well, I catched the pokemon ,but Prof Cornel isn´t in his lab at Eon Town, did i miss another Lab ?

Hmm, that is strange, did you by any chance go to Voxel Town after catching the pokemon? I saw prof. disappear after catching the pokemon and flying to Voxel Town. If not, I'm not really sure what could've caused it except Voxel Town. I'll try to fix it, and hopefully you have a save somewhere before catching that pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2023
    I want to get HM Strength but when I go near the unknown cave, a boy is blocking me and telling me to first defeat commando. Please tell me do I need to defeat commando first to get strength and where is the commando location?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I want to get HM Strength but when I go near the unknown cave, a boy is blocking me and telling me to first defeat commando. Please tell me do I need to defeat commando first to get strength and where is the commando location?

Commando is located in Fantasy Metropolis, but since it seems like you're early into the game, just go to the cave in Unknown Hill and do the event there, and once that's done you can go east of Louren Town.

You do need to defeat Commando in order to get strength, but that's for when you advance into the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023

The issue should now be fixed, you can re-download the patch and try going to the lab again. Prof. should appear now.

You can patch the Firered rom again, and just use your previous save file.

Last edited:
    Years
    Don't even have a single badge and already have a party of 4. That is because I found three Pokemon I like to join my Totodile on this adventure I am taking.

Do you plan on making a sequel down the road?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Don't even have a single badge and already have a party of 4. That is because I found three Pokemon I like to join my Totodile on this adventure I am taking.

Do you plan on making a sequel down the road?

I was thinking about making a sequel by taking Emerald as a base rom, with the story perspective of the Hoenn protagonists, also making a gender based counterparts there as well.

But since rom hacking takes so much time, I don't think it's happening any time soon, but if I do end up starting a project, I would like to try Emerald as a base.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    I want to report a bug.

After fighting brenndon outside of unknown cave, I went south and the game freezes.

Could this be an emulator issue or do I have no choice but to go north?

Back