• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Oaks adventures

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Story

Its a long time before Red, Green, Ash and Gary set off on there Pokémon adventures and a young lad has his own dreams of becoming a Pokémon trainer and catching all the Pokémon he can find, his name is Samuel Oak and he's getting his Pokémon today. So anyway it starts the same as red version does but instead you're a young Oak. Your rival is a young Dominic Willow who also wants to own Pokémon in the world. You get given one off Professor Palm (the old Pallet town professor) Pokémon ether (and I'm still not sure about this yet) Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. After this decision you become his lab assistant and are sent to retrieve some equipment from a shop in Viridian town. After Getting said equipment you make you way back only to be attack by another young trainer call Giovanni who uses a meowth. When you get back you find out he stole the meowth from professor Palm.
    After this he asks you and Willow to write a book on Pokémon (of cause) Willow storms out planning to do it alone while as you leave another lab assistant call Elm appears and offer to travel with you and do the writing part while you do the interesting part (my words not his) So your off to the first gym which is in pewter because the owner of the Viridian town gym couldn't even be bothered to turn up for the last few days. When you reach pewter the gym leader Flint is busy out investigating the strange falling stars that hit the side of the Mnt Moon. After Investigating more Meters had hit it and with it some strange new Pokémon call Clafairy. After this brief interlude you go on as normal battling flint and getting the gym badge. Then your told to look an the exhibit in the museum of science which has some of the meter inside. But during your time Giovanni attacks again and this time he has help. Only two people but it shows he's gaining influence. After the player defeats Giovanni (assuming they do if not they'll go back to a Poke center and have to try again. Now I know what your thinking, why not call the police, well among the advanced technology they have in red some one never invented a phone till gold...) They leave to go to continue there quest and it follows the said pattern with slight differences (I.e. Misty's mum as water gym and Privet serge as electric I will add to the in-betweens but I need to get the big things out the way first) then the next Major event I was going to put in was when you reach Cinnabar Blaine after the gym fight, invites you to come up to his house the Pokémon mansion to take part in his fusion experiment, you meet Palm and Willow up there and Giovanni can be see spying on the experiment. After discussing it though Palm, Elm and Oak agree it is cruel to the Pokémon. They set rattata free but the get stopped by Giovanni and the rest of his new gang the 'rockets' as he wants to see the experiment hoping it would make a powerful Pokémon for them. Blaine Decides He should make a mix between man and Pokémon and steps up for the experiment. The machine is meant to do nothing to the two involved in the experiment but because Blaine was a human it went wrong. It was meant to make and egg which would hatch into the new Pokémon but instead a fully-grown Pokémon appeared. Mew-two (I know that's not how it happened but meh) the mew-two set the other Pokémon free (Mew for those who haven't guessed) and attacked everyone at the lab. Giovanni escaped with rockets and Blaine with him. Oak rests for the night and Palm tells him the Mew-two has been attacking random people all over Kanto but no one can track him. He tells you to carry on with the league challenge and that him and willow will try and track it. So as you travel to Viridian Town once again you meet the gym leader, Professor Palm Himself. He says he needs to see if you're ready for Mew-two and the league. After you win you fight though victory road to meet Giovanni at the end and he knocks you out demanding to become master. When you wake you were too late and he already won becoming the first Pokémon master, But oak is determand and carrys on anyway past the elite 4 to beat Giovanni. The when he becomes master and has his party, its time to get back to work. Mew-Two has been spotted over Kanto and after 3 events and meetings He tells Oak he'll be waiting over Indigo Plateo. When he gets up the, oak must fight Mew-Two's 'evil elite 4' which include Giovanni, a more powerful Blain, and Willow. Then at the end fights mewtwo who gladly admits defeat this time and leaves to an island so to make his own pokemon tourniment.

Whats New?

Well aside from the usual new sprites, map and story. If you dont whant to play yet another pokemon game well this so yeah. What this game will have though is an interesting story and maby there will be one or two new ways to play.
    I will be having a new HM though. Instead of using a bike I'll have HM Ride (and it will be replacing flash I think, never did like that HM)

NEED HELP WITH
    Scripting (Like also teaching me stuff wouuld be great I have some one who says there going to teach me but there kinda flakey on that sort of thing so I'll try somewhere else.)
    Mapping. This will just be editing most of the old game maps to make them look older, rename and lose some building (Saffron Town?)
    A Nice banner would be appreaciated.
    So yeah I need every thing to be honest.

Sprites
    Pokemon Oaks adventures

Young Oak

Pokemon Oaks adventures

Young Giovanni

Pokemon Oaks adventures

Lab assistant Elm

Pokemon Oaks adventures

lab Assistant Willow (Rival)

Pokemon Oaks adventures

Prvt Serge

Pokemon Oaks adventures

Leader Ben

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I agree with Retrogamer. This is a fantastic idea. It truly shocks me that nobody has thought of this before. I would help, but I'm too packed right now. I hope this hack succeeds.
    Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks, I dont know if it has been done before but I've never seen it so meh. To be honest though i'm still only on with sprites, havnet even got round to scripting or mapping yet.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    But also, keep in mind that yu will have to make things a little more simpler. Becuase, this is when Oak is startign out, and during Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, he is like, 60. So, its like 50 years before, something like that. So, you may want to edit the item pics, make them a little more simple, like in that Pokemon movie with celebi, where Oak sends his pokemon out with that old Pokeball of his.

Note that this is just an idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    , like in that Pokemon movie with celebi, where Oak sends his pokemon out with that old Pokeball of his.

Note that this is just an idea.

Oh yeah I know thats why I dont have a pokedex and stuff, the TM, HM wont be CD for sure (although they wernt back when I was a kid, who the hell puts a CD in an animals head to make it shoot fire or something like that?)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    seems like a great idea like it would be pretty hard to do but itd be fun to actually do and i cant beleive noone else thought of it

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    you should have named him sam like in the movie about celebi Oak was called Sam but i think you should change the name of the hack cuz what you can't use different names and F.Y.I sam's hair is kinda red but other than that the hack's story is great

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    you should have named him sam like in the movie about celebi Oak was called Sam but i think you should change the name of the hack cuz what you can't use different names and F.Y.I sam's hair is kinda red but other than that the hack's story is great

I have called him Sam (well Samual) and with the sprites I made it a reddy style but thanks for the imput

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    try putting a CD on your head maybe you can breathe fire the TM's should be some thing an animal can understand and can be used for teaching like a guide or something

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Or maybe you'll start singing like the songs on the CD. Or you'll freak out and start having a seizure. Or you'll just look retarded and people will think you're nuts. I dunno.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Ok I've got most of the main charicter Sprites made but I carnt post them yet (need like 3 more posts.) oh and if I'm not using CD's thne should I go with what the anime used which were just blocks but I think that might be a bit boring to look at.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Am i supposed to read all this?Oh man....
    You said that on my thread, too. I don't mean to be rude, but are we supposed to dummy down our ideas so you can read them faster? This is the Scrapbox. We're all still pulling things together here.

Anyway, that said, this game sounds interesting, and you (Lexington) seem to think so too. You'll get farther still if you not only like the idea, but want it to be a real game (which are two different things). Remember that it's more important to enjoy making your game than it is to get everyone to play it.

Now, although I kind of picked a fight with Ray Maverick about what he said, he's partially right. It's kind of hard to read that giant paragraph; I read a lot, but I ended up skimming through this. It's not really important - enjoying your project is what's important - but it would help the readability if, sometime when you're not too busy, you tidied it up a little. Maybe with sections or paragraphs.

Anyway, I wish you luck with this - first to enjoy what you do, and then to show it to everyone!

Edit: Just noticed... Yay! My 100th post!

Edit 2: Might also help if you make the font bigger. I can read run-ons and monstrous paragraphs usually, but I'm not working too close to the screen, so it's hard for me to read it.

Last edited:
    Back