• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Odyssey 2: The Dark Tournament [OOC + SU]

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Thanks for letting me know, guys. I'll keep it in mind.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
haha, wow, you guys are busy for a while, eh? I'll keep it in mind. I'll make sure to begin the Tournament when you all are back, probably on Monday or so.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
Years
I've got about a week until school starts and I'll post sometime today, one of my best friends spent the night last night and she's still here.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Alright everyone. Wrap up what you'll be doing on the day before the tournament. Anything else you wanna say or do. I'll start the events on Sunday, maybe earlier.. Be ready for that.

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Okay. I'll post soon, but I might be inactive since I have soccer tryouts the next week. If I can post, it'll be in the morning. ^^

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I herd u liek bad guys?

Order of Alcantus

Name: Alistar
Pokemon Species: Typhlosion
Appearance:
Alistar's fur is a normal black, but his face, chest and legs are gray instead of yellow. Alistar also has spiky red hair between his ears, for some reason.
His eyes are amber like the core of the fire. He has a huge black scar accross the right cheek of his face, and more black scars down his chests and legs.

Personality:
Alistar is literally fierce. The purpose of his life is to get stronger and stronger. He always likes to test his power, demolishing his enemies with devastating torrents of fire and pyroclasms. He is truly a pyromaniac.
Alistar is extremely vicious but timid, he never takes the first move although he's fast as lightning. He prefers to work alone, and only befriend those who can teach him something about battling. Alistar is kind of cynical and likes to bring terror with his appearance, although he prefers not to be the center of attention. He's also devious and ruthless as well as clever, he'll be using every one of his weapons to win.

In other words, he's a determined firestarter.

Bio:
Alistar was one of the survivors of the Order of Neoverse, and is now a member of the Order of Alcantus. He was an orphan left alone - and he never got to know his true parents although he searched them when he was about 6 years old. The world didn't treat him good either - to them he was a mutant of a Pokemon who caused trouble and was pushed around.
As soon as he evolved into a Quilava, he decided that the city enviroment just couldn't bare him anymore. He traveled north to the Dragon Edge, a dangerous mountain range. The mountains there were spiky as spears. Between those mountains - there was a beautiful open field with a river and pine trees. Alistar, the lone Quilava, almost found happiness and peace - until he met his master, a stranger Infernape that never told him his name. That Infernape, being his only friend brought joy to Alistar's world, who never questioned where he came from or what was he doing there. That total stranger trained Alistar 10 years, literally infusing the martial arts of the north and the ways of a fire Pokemon.
That Infernape, seemingly without name, told Alisar about the Dark Tournament that was taking place in the Region of Argos. Something clicked in the Typhlosion's mind. He had learned that everything in life is going according to how much power you had - if he was the son of Hydra, things would be way more different.
When he heard that the winner of the Tournament was promised eternal strength, he was determined to win the Tournament, so he let his master train him and train him until he evolved and became better than him in combat.

The people of the south saw light in the middle of the night. Dragon Edge was on fire, the day Alistar was leaving for the Tournament.

Moveset:
Mega Kick
Thunderpunch
Dynamicpunch
Eruption
Flamethrower
Lava Plume

-Yeah, massive ranged AoE and strong melee combat. That's how bad guys do. :D

(Okay I wasn't in the previous RP so tell if I did something wrong, about the Order.)

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Alright, dude. Welcome to the RP. :) accepted. Everyone in the Order of Alcantus, say hello to your newest member, Alistar.
Aaaand once again, we're full. :D

I'll be starting the Tournament soon. Probably tomorrow sometime. Watch out for that...

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
we would all really wanna know who we'll fight against in the tournament :)

who would Dylan fight against...

Vegeta, if you gotta arrange the fights, make the combinations totally AWKWARD :D

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
Years
I won't be posting for awhile. If I'm not back in a week then take me out of the RP cause that means I'm not returning to PC

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Lu I'm not telling you who you will be fighting! Not knowing is half of the fun! But you shouldn't be worried about fighting each other just yet...you'll understand once I make my Tournament intro post...which I'll be making soon. Look out for that.

@Blayze~ OK. I hope you sort out your troubles and post. If not, good luck. :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
READ THIS! I realize this next post is very long, but you should probably read through all of it. Your post should including everything discussed in my post, as little or as much as you want, up to the point where your character enters the portal he was assigned to. Here is some more background information on each portal, so that you have some idea of what to expect once you go inside it.

• Magma Portal: A battleground fought on an active volcano on a small island. Fires are leaking out everywhere, as is plasma, and the air is filled with ash. Fire Types have an advantage here. Steel and Grass types have more trouble here. The ash in the air might cover enemy tracks. However, the volcano is the only landmark there, so enemies are generally very close.
  • Ice Portal: A battleground of a land completely frozen over. The land is currently experiencing a blizzard that could potentially freeze you over. Water and Ice types have advantages here, as well as Fire types to an extent, while flying, dragon, and grass types have much more trouble.
  • Desert Portal: This portal leads you to the middle of an extremely hot desert climate. The ground is hot to walk on, and stamina is useful to have. The climate is currently experiencing a deadly sandstorm. Ground and Rock types have an advantage here, as do Steel and fire types to a smaller extent, while Electric types have much more trouble. Enemies are generally spread out, and can be difficult to find, as many appear as mirages.
  • Forest Portal: The entire battlefield takes place in a thick forest. This makes the area very humid, and enemies hard to track down. It may take the longest to find enemies in here. Grass types have an advantage.
  • Bog Portal: This battlefield is a murky, musty one. It is wet, yet humid, and is very foggy, making things very difficult to see. However, although the bog has many paths and dead ends, the battlefield is not very large.
  • Ocean Portal: This battlefield takes place at the bottom of the Ocean. Pressure is very high here. The battlefield by far is one of the largest, and battles here have often taken among the longest. All Pokemon that cannot swim are given an enchantment to be able to breath and walk normally here, however, Water Pokemon still hold an extremely large advantage.
  • Mountain Portal: This battlefield takes place on a mountain, one of the tallest with many cliffs and ridges. Slip and fall, and you'll be falling for hours. The air pressure is much higher here, giving Flying Pokemon an advantage, but also giving Rock and Ground Pokemon some advantage as well. The battlefield is decently sized, and enemies can be found in moderation.
  • Skyscraper Portal: The battlefield here is the top of the Spire, where Pokemon first walked in to enter the arena through the portal. The battlefield is by far the smallest, as all of the enemies are right there in front of you.
  • Sky Portal: The battlefield is in the sky, and there is only two platforms to stand on. Because of these two platforms, the battle generally doesn't move very far away from them, as non-flying Pokemon stand there, and there isn't anything else notable around besides that. Flying types have a huge advantage here.
  • Cavern Portal: The battleground is a giant cavern. Visibility is low, and the ground is jagged, making walking relatively hard. Battles here tend to last longer because of the size of the caverns, and the low visibility. Advantage to rock and ground types.
  • Arena Portal: The battle takes place at the arena the combatants first arrived at, in front of the huge audience. No type advatanges, but the arena is rather large. Even so, battles don't last long here.
  • Plain Portal: A battlefield which takes place on the plains of an unknown country, in an unknown land. There is no type advantages here, and enemies, although are spread out, are easliy spotted once you get close enough. Battles here last medium length.
  • Nightmare Portal: Unknown, and for now, it stays that way...
  • City Portal: Welcome to the City of Abel, the largest Port City in all of Argos...and the site for one of the battlegrounds. Battlers make the streets their battleground, and the alley's their combat zones as they try to outwit each other in the sprawling city. No type advantages here, but flying Pokemon are able to see the battlelfield easier from above the sky. The city is huge, so battles here last quite a while.
  • Darkness Portal: Have you ever fought in complete darkness? Well now is your chance! Welcome to the Darkness Portal, where nothing is visible, and Pokemon must battle here basically blind. The only Pokemon who have advantages here are those who can see in absolute darkness.
  • Death Portal: Ill fate lies to those who fight here, or rather, come here, as there is no real fight. 16 come in, 8 die right on the spot. The 8 that survive exit immediately.
Remember that the first round is entirely up to you on what happens to your character. If you wish to lose now, and end your journey in the Dark Tournament, then so be it! I have intentionally paired up fighters together, so that, if you want, you may team up and take down enemies!

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Well, you technically don't have to fight them. The key of this round is to be one of the last 16 standing in your portal, from the 32 fighters that begin there. I purposely put many of the same teams in one portal, so you can fight together, side by side, giving you guys a better chance. :D

Back