• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2022
    how come there is a bug when I am trying to find pokemon in Bellsprout tower, and there is a bug when fighting a bug catcher on route 32 after the monk battle

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    The basic pokemon essentials music really irks me a lot, hope you eventually find time to add appropriate music to the game. It'd be cool if you used the pokemon anime soundtrack for this game

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    getting an error in the unknown caves
    --------------------------
    Pokémon Old Amber
    ---------------------------
    Script 'MiscData' line 171: Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file or directory - Data/formspecies.dat
    OK
    how can i fix this the folder is not in the game folder

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    you may want to fix the encoutneres in several area's, as i had 3 encounter errors before i had even fought the first gym!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    It looks like a lot of the encounter bugs have to do with species with multiple forms. The encryption program used was likely not able to access the formspecies.dat file. I changed the way the game is packaged so that it is no longer encrypted. Does anyone want to try testing out the v0.9 version I just uploaded today?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't crashed yet in 30 minutes of searching, but I also haven't found Togepi either. I think there's too many Pokemon to obtain at Ruins of Alph. Lillipup in particular I think could be moved into the routes surrounding Violet City to start off with, maybe also Shinx. There's quite a few Pokemon here that rely on happiness to evolve, so to me it seems more fitting maybe to stick closer to that theme for wild Pokemon, though I think the rock (never have seen them since I can't break them), and surfing Pokemon are ok. I'll edit this post when I do finally find Togepi.

EDIT: About an hour later, still no Togepi. Is Togepi actually in the encounter list for Ruins of Alph like the locations guide suggests?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I haven't crashed yet in 30 minutes of searching, but I also haven't found Togepi either. I think there's too many Pokemon to obtain at Ruins of Alph. Lillipup in particular I think could be moved into the routes surrounding Violet City to start off with, maybe also Shinx. There's quite a few Pokemon here that rely on happiness to evolve, so to me it seems more fitting maybe to stick closer to that theme for wild Pokemon, though I think the rock (never have seen them since I can't break them), and surfing Pokemon are ok. I'll edit this post when I do finally find Togepi.

EDIT: About an hour later, still no Togepi. Is Togepi actually in the encounter list for Ruins of Alph like the locations guide suggests?

Yes, I should update the guide though to be more specific. There are four rare pokemon, each in a different building. Togepi should be in the northernmost building. The other three buildings contain Happiny, Igglybuff, and Cleffa.

Years
  • Yes, I should update the guide though to be more specific. There are four rare pokemon, each in a different building. Togepi should be in the northernmost building. The other three buildings contain Happiny, Igglybuff, and Cleffa.

Ah, the way the locations guide was worded made me think Togepi was in the patches of grass. After about 5 minutes of searching, I found Togepi. Thank you for the clarification.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    noticed how you are missing some of the more modern pokemon cries,
    so i borrowed some from another pokemon fan game and put them into a file

h t t p : / / w w w . m e d i a f i r e . c o m /file/hvgkw3emra7o1t6/Pokemon_Cries_650-802.rar/file
    (just remove the spaces at the start of the link to finish it)

hopefully this can be of use to you

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2022
    It looks like a lot of the encounter bugs have to do with species with multiple forms. The encryption program used was likely not able to access the formspecies.dat file. I changed the way the game is packaged so that it is no longer encrypted. Does anyone want to try testing out the v0.9 version I just uploaded today?

I been stuck with unable to beat Bellsprout tower and get past the bug catcher in route 32 cause of the encryted thing, but I would like to test out v0.9

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I been stuck with unable to beat Bellsprout tower and get past the bug catcher in route 32 cause of the encryted thing, but I would like to test out v0.9

I hope the update will fix that issue. If it doesn't, I would like to know. I just pushed out v0.10, but the ONLY changes there are with Oricorio.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    i just start to play the game i encounter wimpod in the sea when it reach half of its health the match ends and after i catch it by luck if it reachs half health it returns to my party is that normal thing or bug? pls i love that pokemon but that way i will not be able to play with it can you make it normal

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2022
    problem, I found a bug in Pokémon center in Violet City when I used running shoes, my character disappeared which crashed the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    noticed how you are missing some of the more modern pokemon cries,
    so i borrowed some from another pokemon fan game and put them into a file

h t t p : / / w w w . m e d i a f i r e . c o m /file/hvgkw3emra7o1t6/Pokemon_Cries_650-802.rar/file
    (just remove the spaces at the start of the link to finish it)

hopefully this can be of use to you

Thank you! Locating Gen 6 and 7 assets was difficult.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    i just start to play the game i encounter wimpod in the sea when it reach half of its health the match ends and after i catch it by luck if it reachs half health it returns to my party is that normal thing or bug? pls i love that pokemon but that way i will not be able to play with it can you make it normal

That's its Wimp Out ability at work. Here is some more info: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wimp_Out_(Ability)

This is how both Wimpod and its evolution Golisopod function in the Sun/Moon games. I could replace this ability with something else, but the cowardice of Wimpod is the defining trait of this species.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    problem, I found a bug in Pokémon center in Violet City when I used running shoes, my character disappeared which crashed the game

I'm trying to reproduce the issue. Can you describe exactly what you did? I'm assuming you simply walked through the front door and spoke to the nurse, but I don't want to make any assumptions. Can you also tell me at which point in the process it crashed?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    hi i just start playing the game it looks great but i found 2 bugs in goldenroot city market in floor 3 and 5
    and i have swadloon lvl 27 and still not evolved until now however i use groom girl 3 times on her
    how to evolve her?

Back