• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon on IPod Classic?

Years
  • I looked through and couldn't find a thread on this. I was wondering if anybody has an IPod Classic (I'm getting a 120 GB one today) and has played any of the pokemone games on it. I remember last year somebody in one of my classes was playing pokemon gold/silver/crystal on their IPod (it wasn't a nano or touch as far as I know). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Years
  • GBC Roms are one thing, but I can't see it runnung GBA roms properly...

Just search for 'GBC emulator for iPod', I'm not great with iPods...

Saiya-jin

This Toyshops Goin To War
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Its probably like the psp were you need to have costum firmware or somthing like that, but I don't know

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • The answer is you DO need custom firmware on your iPod. There is currently no custom for the 6th gen, as Apple has encryted the data stored on the actual iPod. Hence why you always need to use iTunes to put music on.

I know it was possible on the older iPods, but for the time being not on newer ones :(

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    you need to get ipod linux on your ipod, along with that you need to download iboy and then put the rom on there, like the guy said before me, only on 1st and 2nd gen nanos and i think up to 5th gen on the video ones

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    erm..... Get rockbox, ipodlinux is, er...... messed up... Rockboy is included

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    u can play 1st ans 2nd gen pkmn on ipod normal get rockbox then get iboy it allows you to emulate gb/gbc games on ipod on ipod touch+ you cant emulate gba

i have all 1st and 2nd gen pokemon games and gbc games on my ipod and play them during crap lessons like science

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
  • That be cool. My dad has an Iphone. Do you think it works on that? O__o; It'd be awesome if I can play PKMN on that too. =D​

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • one of my friends one time tricked me, he said he was playin red on it, but later i found out that it was only a video. i wonder if pokemon can ever be on an iPod?

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • For any of the newer ipods you'll need to "jailbreak" them. Which is an annoyingly long process, but for the use of gaming emulation, and playing alternative music files or movie files, it's a great thing. I'd go with the iPod Touch though, the emulation on those is alot better than on the Classic.

(Proud owner of a jailbroken iPod touch with GBA and NES emulators)

pokemon is easily played on the jailbroken Touch (after first seeing this thread, I tried it out, just the realtime clock is a bit out of place)

Back