• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online (MMORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
    this would be good if ti gets finnished but it has a 70% cahnce of failing like the rest
    so u must be ready for the better or the worst
    but i think im gona go for the otehr 30 % ^^

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    DeltaSuicune said:
    *sigh* Normally I'd ignore topics like this, but since I've come under spam from people on AIM may as well clarify it now..

The PO that got cancelled 3 years ago was the original one Neo Productions was working on that Nintendo sent a letter to requesting they stop. In other words, they were that successful and near completion that Nintendo felt it would provide an actual threat to their market share.

However, with them having stopped, the programmers went their seperate ways, and havn't attempted to recreate it due to legality issues. NeoProd has hence continued to create an online collectible card game and is almost ready to release this. Original, and unaffiliated with pokemon. Nintendo probably forgot about them by now.

Anyway, something that might interest you people:
    Nintendo reveals revolutionary partnership with online gaming giant GameSpy..
    This has thrown the tables upside down on many people, who never thought Nintendo would go online with the DS. Guess what, it may finally happen. And with that comes rumours and dreams of an official pokemon online, Diamond and Pearl perhaps, via wireless, to the web.

Maybe.

~DS
    Actually the first PO was being done by this guy named MykeXero about 4-5 years ago the website was called Pokezero (thats if youre only looking for the name PO the first actual online pokemon game was the one Konidas was trying to create over at Bulba gardens around the same time the first R/B/Y PBS was created), Neoproduction's Pokemon online was far along, I was a memeber there for like 2 years but like you said Nintendo shut it down and they turned the PO game into another game called Genetysis thats kinda like pokemon but something completely different at the same time. If Nintendo comes out with one now thats great but it sure as hell did take them long enough. I think that if all the little independent projects work together we'd have a much better chance at getting this done like Netbattle has a battle engine, pokecommunity and serebii have sprites, smogon and serebii have all of the ingame info, and that 3d pokemon game has gotten theirs working so that players can walk around and talk to eachother. if you put those together with a little imagination you have a whole pokemon mmorpg

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    He's gone.
    [Isn't it obvious?]

He only has 1 post & he hasn't answered, all thats left is that link.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    He only posted two days ago, not everybody has constant internet access. Just wait and see then, if he doesn't come back then the thread will die quickly.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Phoenix316 said:
    He only posted two days ago, not everybody has constant internet access. Just wait and see then, if he doesn't come back then the thread will die quickly.

Yeah, your right.
    Well we just wait.

DeltaSuicune

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Naas02 said:
    Actually the first PO was being done by this guy named MykeXero about 4-5 years ago the website was called Pokezero (thats if youre only looking for the name PO the first actual online pokemon game was the one Konidas was trying to create over at Bulba gardens around the same time the first R/B/Y PBS was created), Neoproduction's Pokemon online was far along, I was a memeber there for like 2 years but like you said Nintendo shut it down and they turned the PO game into another game called Genetysis thats kinda like pokemon but something completely different at the same time. If Nintendo comes out with one now thats great but it sure as hell did take them long enough. I think that if all the little independent projects work together we'd have a much better chance at getting this done like Netbattle has a battle engine, pokecommunity and serebii have sprites, smogon and serebii have all of the ingame info, and that 3d pokemon game has gotten theirs working so that players can walk around and talk to eachother. if you put those together with a little imagination you have a whole pokemon mmorpg

(I am going to continue regardless though.. since this is going in an interesting direction. Sorry phoenix.)

Oh, I got a different impression when I contacted Konidias regarding the project. Either way, many of the original coders have long since dispersed and are engaged in other interests, from what all I understand since they've all "outgrown" pokemon -_-

If you'd like to suggest how all the current "PO"'s could cooperate to work together, I'm completely open to suggestions. I've known 3 of the Neoprod coders and none of them are completely dedicated to their online life and won't put the phenomenal amount of effort required to make this at whim. As stated earlier, I'm currently working with DeathChill and doing our best, but if other project coordinators (or people who keep contact with them and know them) would like to have a say here, please do. I'm not against cooperation at all, I'm just a spriter after all.

~DS

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    ive got to agree with DS here. cooperation is a good thing. especially in this case. the PO project that me, DS, and DC are currently working on started way back in Novemmber of 2003 iirc. thats hitting almost 1 1/2 years and quite frankly, barely much has gotten done. im sure if a collaboration or a merger was done, that would change and things could go along alot quicker.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
    this is really cool, I look almost every day on your site to see if there are any changes, but sinds some time now I get a 403 Forbidden error :P.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I'm going to lock this thread now. AxCide hasn't even been online since he made this thread, I'm assuming that he just wanted to post the link to his forum, which isn't allowed either. And the thread has gone way offtopic, unfortunately.

*Closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back