• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    you guys, please dont start arguin amongst eachother.....I saw it coming and I said it before, people do not understand what all goes into the coding end of the game thats because they dont have training, experience, or basic knowledge of that. All they know is they click on their gameboys and pokemon comes on, dont let it frustrate you because I can pretty much garuntee you'll get lots more "hurry up and finish it" post before the game is anywhere near finished, anyway sounds like you guys are progressing nicely dont "hurry" quality>time

p.s. do you guys have links to game mechanics sites? When get to where you need to build teams for NPC's look me up :)

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Naas02 said:
    you guys, please dont start arguin amongst eachother.....I saw it coming and I said it before, people do not understand what all goes into the coding end of the game thats because they dont have training, experience, or basic knowledge of that. All they know is they click on their gameboys and pokemon comes on, dont let it frustrate you because I can pretty much garuntee you'll get lots more "hurry up and finish it" post before the game is anywhere near finished, anyway sounds like you guys are progressing nicely dont "hurry" quality>time

p.s. do you guys have links to game mechanics sites? When get to where you need to build teams for NPC's look me up :)

we have the mechanics sorted out, NPC's teams well later on

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    What it says at your forum that a download date is June 12, 2006. I sthat the date we'll be able to play this game?

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    looks promising,I hope you guys get this game completed unlike most games in this forum.Good luck and take your time making it please dont rush it.

ps:ill be one of your first members

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    What it says at your forum that a download date is June 12, 2006. I sthat the date we'll be able to play this game?
    Read the announcement properly:
    Current Realease date (alpha version [battle system test].)
    June 12 2006
    Especially the boldened part... it means an alpha version will be circulated amongst a few/all of the alpha testers on June 12, not game release.

any new screenshots?.............
    not just yet, we are focussing on getting coding done before June 12, the above event is happening then...

I hope! Just Imagine just getting out of school, and after less than a week we can play it! so awesome!
    Sorry, you'll have to wait a while before release.

looks promising,I hope you guys get this game completed unlike most games in this forum.Good luck and take your time making it please dont rush it.
    Thanks, I hope we finish it too...

and please people, dont expect a release too soon, as they say "Good things take time" if we rush the game, routes wont be planned well and just as soon as you get into the game, you will leave. I know both you and I dont want that, so please give us time to make a good job of this.

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Finally a good online pokemon game. Dont rush it because all th good quality wont be put in. Good job so far

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    which is exactly why the public realsease is so far away
    other wise we'll make a crappy game and everyone wont play it

pretty much what I said:
    and please people, dont expect a release too soon, as they say "Good things take time" if we rush the game, routes wont be planned well and just as soon as you get into the game, you will leave. I know both you and I dont want that, so please give us time to make a good job of this.

so please, DONT tell us to hurry up

EDIT: you dont know what I went through to do this, but I got 2 things
    1: Broadband
    2: Screen recording software
    So as soon as I blacksprite can be bothered firing up the server and us walking around and chatting, I will upload a video (AVI) for you people who insist that we need footage to prove that this works.

Noting that I want to prove this so much that I actually paid for a licence to "HyperCam" out of MY pocket so I can record this to prove to those of little faith that this game works and is at 44.9%.

I will probably record this after June 12 so that we have more than 2 people on the game and chatting and (hopefully) battling if the battle system is bug-free by the time we record the video.

Last edited:

Jirachi_the_Wishmaker

Legendary Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2007
    ^^ wow very impressive!! I like the idea of an online game!! Veyr cool!! Great job so far..please countine with this!! Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!!

pichugirl

CardCaptors
    Years
    • Age 32
    • MD
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    You guys can take all the time you want no need to rush I'm sure we can all be PATIENT.

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    whitesprite said:
    pretty much what I said:

so please, DONT tell us to hurry up

EDIT: you dont know what I went through to do this, but I got 2 things
    1: Broadband
    2: Screen recording software
    So as soon as I blacksprite can be bothered firing up the server and us walking around and chatting, I will upload a video (AVI) for you people who insist that we need footage to prove that this works.

Noting that I want to prove this so much that I actually paid for a licence to "HyperCam" out of MY pocket so I can record this to prove to those of little faith that this game works and is at 44.9%.

I will probably record this after June 12 so that we have more than 2 people on the game and chatting and (hopefully) battling if the battle system is bug-free by the time we record the video.

For all i care , you guys can be working on it next year. The more time, the better quality.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Wow.. I've been away from PC, and all this?
    Well, all I can say is I can help in spriting as I learnt it during my stay at SPPf! ^^

Good luck, and well, er.. I can help you in any way you want! ^^ Maybe making a site for you, I know HTML and a bit of PHP too. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    i think this will be a great game... i always wanted to play pokemon in online bit none existed .. this is great , ill be looking forward to it

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I'm drop by to see the progress and i LOVE it
    I'm not rushing you guys
    Keep it up

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    ~*Pearl*~ said:
    Wow.. I've been away from PC, and all this?
    Well, all I can say is I can help in spriting as I learnt it during my stay at SPPf! ^^

Good luck, and well, er.. I can help you in any way you want! ^^ Maybe making a site for you, I know HTML and a bit of PHP too. ^^

Pokemon TOA Webisite

As you can see its not finished
    we would love some help
    i want to add some php stuff in also

having some problems ith the website
    let me no if you can even get there
    also i think mozzila doesn't view it properly
    i'll work on it

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back