• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Legendaries given out in events.... Good idea.

The game should get music. No Pokemon game is complete without music.
    But wait...Pokemon games are usually too tough to put on disk. Will this take 10GB of hard drive space?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Thanks for the Pokedex's guys
    All 151 pokemon are in the game
    Thats al lthe data for them in game

Special events and competitions sounds about the only way we can restrict them to players
    otherwise they wouldnt be rare anymore

Pokemon music is already in the game

An no its not going to take up 10GB's of space
    at the moement
    the installer file is 7.24mb unzipped
    The overall diskspace required is around 86mbs 90 to be safe

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    for the legendaries: i say, at first, yes, do the competition thing, but only make 1 of each legendary. for instance, zapdos would belong to the champion of some competition, and if another competition is held, that champion will have to give up zapdos if he/she loses. rather than transferring that same zapdos to a new winner of the competition, that zapdos will be *somewhat* deleted from the database, and a new one, at a fair level (maybe 50?), will be rewarded to the winner. so basically, there will be trainers who will be identified as "the girl with the mew" or "the guy with the articuno", and what not.

i just think this'll make it easier and more realistic. besides, i personally think that the idea of multiple legendaries is rediculous. i completely despise legendaries being part of competitive teams because it requires no skill to not only attain legendaries, but to also train them.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    i completely despise legendaries being part of competitive teams because it requires no skill to not only attain legendaries, but to also train them.

The legendaries arnt even that great there just rare
    More for collectors

Thats a good idea though samson
    Never thought of it like that
    would be pretty easy to code too

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    I'm sorry, I've looked through about 200 pages of hacks today, from here, and other sites, looking for other poke games. Has there been a release of this yet? I can't go searching again!! (If I was too stupid to do something like find it on the first page, please be polite about it)

No Mac version, huh? Ah well...*bangs head against keyboard*

Samson

Years
    The legendaries arnt even that great there just rare
    More for collectors

Thats a good idea though samson
    Never thought of it like that
    would be pretty easy to code too

well now that you say that it's more for collectors, you could always make it that the person's pokedex still indicates that they had that pokemon, just as if it were released into the wild like in the original game.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    well now that you say that it's more for collectors, you could always make it that the person's pokedex still indicates that they had that pokemon, just as if it were released into the wild like in the original game.

Well the pokedex would of course still show it having been there
    Yea thats the best idea ive herd of so far

I'm sorry, I've looked through about 200 pages of hacks today, from here, and other sites, looking for other poke games. Has there been a release of this yet? I can't go searching again!! (If I was too stupid to do something like find it on the first page, please be polite about it)

No Mac version, huh? Ah well...*bangs head against keyboard*

Its not a hack
    (please alot of people deserve more credit than it being a hack)

No mac version yet
    it is something we want to do
    But bear in mind i use windows

Update
    ive been working on the game again this time making it look good seeing now as alot of stuff works now
    plus i needed a boost in seeing a nice product
    so heres a screen
    its been awhile
    Note* the gui is getting edit as we speak to add in a few things

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Last edited:

Samson

Years
    oh wow, that looks awesome. you should've showed me this XDDD... i made the trainer challenge etc window for the wrong spot >___<

Shadez

-
    Years
    i think that samsons idea is good but maybe make it so that you get a trophy at the end of the competion and you can only handle the legendary if you have that trophy and you lose the trophy but keep the legendary and you can only us it again if you get the trophy back
    so its fair for everyone

and how are you going to do the competion because if you make it a battle competion someone who just start playing is going to lose
    but i've got an idea if you make it like one of that things they have in emerald that you all get a pokemon of the same level

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    wow this is great i always thought of playing pkmn like this in the past 0_0

waits til it comes out

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Wow great screenshot! Everything is looking a lot neater now! I like all of it I have to say!

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
    Hi blacksprite. This is looking very good so far. Maybe you can even rival POL (Pokemon Online). Also, could you post a screen of your battlesystem? It would be nice, to actually See how things are progressing.

Well, good luck, and keep it up ;)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Very nice screenshot, although the gradient bar on the left is weird...
    But I understand that you may change it in the future ^^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Now i am itching to play this it looks so immense great work Blacksprite and the rest of the team it looks like this could be the 1st 100% working pokemon MMORPG can't wait :D

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    Trei trei trei bien that is one great screen it looks so good. I wish i knew a way i could help but there is no way i can. I like the idea about legendarys for comps but what if it is held and the player with it is offline,so he/she can't battle.By the way for the back screen i think a sliver outline like on the edges of the chat box around the edges of the screen with black inside. And this isn't going to be the 1st working online pokemon game,it will be the best working online pokemon game. I know it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    I know it's not a hack. I meant I had looked through over 200 pages of hacks today, and then came here to look at the online game.

The whole legendaries thing. How about this; Legendaries are not allowed IN tournaments, but everywhere else. Before battling someone else, check their poke team to see if they have a legendary, or maybe you could put some sort of mark over their head? I like the whole recieving them in tournaments thing. However, could you make some legends really rare to get, like Celebi and Mew or something? Remember how they were rumored to appear in R/S with a 1/268435456 chance? For some, that would actually be easier than winning the comp, because there are some ultimate players that will rip through everyone, if you know what I'm talking about.

Good bye, and good luck!

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    How about legendarys are not allowed for battles except maybe with trainers who have a legendary as well because then people will only get legendarys for completing the pokedex.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    oh wow, that looks awesome. you should've showed me this XDDD... i made the trainer challenge etc window for the wrong spot >___<

Sorry about that i hope this gives you some ideas
    I was pretty tired last night and not thinking very well

and how are you going to do the competion because if you make it a battle competion someone who just start playing is going to lose
    Well if you just started you may wish to avoid big competitions
    but we'll proably tier it
    have 4 catagories
    pkmn lvls 1 to 21 22 to 41 or something like that

Looks Great! However, the Black back is akward...
    Were still editing and progressing
    i mean you cant expect us to get the gui perfect in one go it'll take time and im sure we'll come up with some more ideas and it will get better with everything we do

wow this is great i always thought of playing pkmn like this in the past 0_0
    waits til it comes out
    Look forward to seeing the day

Wow great screenshot! Everything is looking a lot neater now! I like all of it I have to say!
    Yeah it is the games starting to feel like its coming togther
    im glad we focused on coding first then on the pretty gfx stuff
    as it means it all come togther nicely

Also, could you post a screen of your battlesystem? It would be nice, to actually See how things are progressing.
    Theres a desgin view of the battle system on the previos page
    but like i said we have mainly focused on the code of battle system (which is done now :D)
    and now im gunna focus on the pretty things
    so give me a week or two and i'll put up a worthwhile battle system screenshot

Very nice screenshot, although the gradient bar on the left is weird...
    But I understand that you may change it in the future ^^
    Yea my main prority is just getting a gui atm
    its easily updated after release and wont require the user to redownload anything huge
    just a few Kbs

Now i am itching to play this it looks so immense great work Blacksprite and the rest of the team it looks like this could be the 1st 100% working pokemon MMORPG can't wait :D
    To me it'll never be complete

Trei trei trei bien that is one great screen it looks so good. I wish i knew a way i could help but there is no way i can. I like the idea about legendarys for comps but what if it is held and the player with it is offline,so he/she can't battle.By the way for the back screen i think a sliver outline like on the edges of the chat box around the edges of the screen with black inside. And this isn't going to be the 1st working online pokemon game,it will be the best working online pokemon game. I know it.

A silver border you say we'll see how we go

I know it's not a hack. I meant I had looked through over 200 pages of hacks today, and then came here to look at the online game.

The whole legendaries thing. How about this; Legendaries are not allowed IN tournaments, but everywhere else. Before battling someone else, check their poke team to see if they have a legendary, or maybe you could put some sort of mark over their head? I like the whole recieving them in tournaments thing. However, could you make some legends really rare to get, like Celebi and Mew or something? Remember how they were rumored to appear in R/S with a 1/268435456 chance? For some, that would actually be easier than winning the comp, because there are some ultimate players that will rip through everyone, if you know what I'm talking about.

Good bye, and good luck!

Yes thats why we'd have the tier system

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back