• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    as he said, you'll be able to buy them, but they're rare and limited. so unless you plan on standing near the market 24/7, you should just depend on your pokemon's natural moveset throughout most of the game. besides, there is a drop/pick up item setting apparently in the works, so there may be a possibility of tm's found along the game's maps, but i bet only in exclusive areas.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Whee, near mapping time!
    Say's who?

And, when it comes out, we can start work on mapping the Johto region. Then, when Nintendo announces they're making the next Pokemon game, we start Hoenn. When the next one is released, we can go to the D/P region work, then when Nintendo announces the next game, we finish whatever's after D/P's region. Then, every time they release a new game, we can start work on that region.

One word

No
    To all people reading this thread im telling you now this is not promised
    were are currently not looking at making more regions at the moment

Mapping seems fun.
    its not XD

someone made this a GLOBAL announcement.
    Hold up lets get the game finished first

BSP might have to get a part-time job to pay for bandwith, though.
    says who i could just only let ppl in my town play

So TMs will be rare? What about HMs?
    first question you have asked in the entire post
    i belive samson answers it nicely

you'll probably find them or the leaders that allow you to use them giv em to you when you beat them
    no u dont get them from gym leaders

besides, there is a drop/pick up item setting apparently in the works, so there may be a possibility of tm's found along the game's maps, but i bet only in exclusive areas.
    that systems finished

im talking about HM's not TM's
    it applys to both, but you can swim in shallow water and boats can take you to remote places

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    !!

Only in your town? That seems really...limited. How are we supposed to bug test it and support it, if we don't even play it? I know you didn't say it was going to be permanent, but still...it scares me.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Fingers crossed this post goes through
    i hope when i log on i tomorrow i dont have a buch of dubble posts

Mapping is difficult takeing a day just to do a map
    but easyier now thta we have a multiple tile select feature
    unfortuanatly all of whitesprites and statnios maps may have to be deleted as i just added the delayed warp thing and im not 100% sure if the old maps will reintergrate with the new map system

nice to see that everyones still posting here you are giving us alot to think about

EDIT:
    Hmm ok after creating pokemon storage it appears that the collection of variables for all the pokemon you can possable have exceeds the allowed windows limit
    im in the prosses of creating a workaround now but this is definitivly going to slow me down

its looking good now but i may finish it off tomorrow as im getting tired and i dont think of everything when im tired

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Sorry...

See I've got friends who moved away, and they made a couple online games...only to realize they couldn't afford anyone outside of their neighborhood to play. Wah.

Good luck with the funding, I'd donate...if I had money to donate.

Also...how much does it cost monthley to uphold a game like this? If you don't want to tell, that's fine with me.

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Also...how much does it cost monthley to uphold a game like this? If you don't want to tell, that's fine with me.

I dont have a problem telling you hopw much its going to cost
    i'll cost it at the bottom of this post

Well after this morning fiasco with the pokemon storage system the day just got worse

Fisrt off the pokemon storage system just wasnt saving or loading to a players database file
    then when i got it working i gave it a quick test and soon realised that loading 29952 variables just for the pokemon storage system was excessive and it lagged the server so inclreadable that it nearly went non responsive
    and then i thought what if 10 ppl logged on or off that the same time
    so i did some quick thinking slapped myself i nthe head a realized y load that much data in the first place

so now it only loads the requested box on request
    greatly improving server response time and reducing the need for more system reasources

after that was out of the way 3 hours later
    i decided to improve the telporting (switching of maps) maybey called warp in the RM series

to my utter disapointment nothing i did seemed to have any effect (except an odd mapping insident which i cant explain in words)
    so im gunna ask geo what he thinks should be done

then i commpleted the acces requirement block
    pretty much only people with moderating abilities and up could pass
    we may find it usefull for getting places quickly or just to get to an mod only area
    it was the onlything which seemed to work today so while alot of work was dont not alot was acomplished
    but the game is running more bug free and quicker and well running.
    so we live to figure it out another day
    probably tomorrow
    meanwhile im now finishing up the pokemon storage system and adding little bits in etc

all the maps whitesprite had done went to the recyle bin ;(
    which is why i say were not looking for mappers right now

Edit: nearly forgot the costings

Internet connection fee 30GBs transfer a month we may need more but we'll see how we go speed likely to only reach 3.5mbs upstream and downstream (seems to vary with the weather)
    $99.95
    static IP
    Free
    Line rent
    $44.95
    thats all the things i can think of a month
    it may be cheaper to get an overseas dedicated server america or else where

Total $144.90 a month
    USD$ 103.34 a month
    Pound$ 53.54
    Yen$12433.87
    Euro$$79.54

Last edited:

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    It's lucky we don't have to pay, even if it was only $1 a month. My mom says I can't because I already have Active Worlds for $6.99 a month.

Did anyone already do Route 1? I wanted to cause it'd be easy. You see, Blaziken_Boy=lazy.

Wait-you MADE THE MAPPING SYSTEM? Woah.... Okay, I think I'll do... let's say... Celadon Shopping Mall? Yeah, because you made the mapping system and the game rocks in the screenshots. The screenshots rock. My socks fell off because of the screenshots.

Will you ban the words like 'lol,omg' that are related to bad words?

And also, you need to check EVERYTHING involving variables (Moves, PKMN, Box limit, Money) because if they're faulty then they must be fixed immediately.

What kind of main programmer are you gonna be? One that always gets on in a mod place, one that only gets on in the biggest events, or are you going to be the VERY rare kind, the one that helps newbies and hangs out with people you never really knew registered, the one like everyone else? The last one I have yet to see, but I hope you'll be that one.

After a thorough check for today, make sure everyone's working at a reasonable speed and doing quality work, you can then start coding. Check the code right after you finish something, because a small typo can lead to a big bug. If you already do this, then that's great.You'll need no help from me if you do.

Check my friends list to remember what I said on my first post (after the boat thing). 'Tis true.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2007
    Hmmm... cool game... wel the best name I think that would be is Pokemon Linked... but Pokemon Connected is cool to ;)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    Thats in NZ dollars right? Thats about the same as $AUD isnt it.
    There pretty close
    It's lucky we don't have to pay, even if it was only $1 a month. My mom says I can't because I already have Active Worlds for $6.99 a month.

Did anyone already do Route 1? I wanted to cause it'd be easy. You see, Blaziken_Boy=lazy.
    all the maps whitesprite had done went to the recyle bin ;(
    which is why i say were not looking for mappers right now
    Wait-you MADE THE MAPPING SYSTEM?
    how else do you think it was made?
    Will you ban the words like 'lol,omg' that are related to bad words?
    yes called a chat filter
    And also, you need to check EVERYTHING involving variables (Moves, PKMN, Box limit, Money) because if they're faulty then they must be fixed immediately.
    Faulty Variables?
    You dont get faulty variables all variables work perfectly
    it just depends if the programmer has called it right
    What kind of main programmer are you gonna be? One that always gets on in a mod place, one that only gets on in the biggest events, or are you going to be the VERY rare kind, the one that helps newbies and hangs out with people you never really knew registered, the one like everyone else? The last one I have yet to see, but I hope you'll be that one.
    What kinda question is this
    I'll give a Multichoice answer so people can choose responses that best suit them
    A: None of your business
    B: All of the above
    C: Probably mostly moderate i nthe beggining trying to orginise people make sure there following the rules and watch the mappers etc
    aftyer that i'll probablyt go ad play the game and see if i can see any bugs, and get feed back fom trainers
    After a thorough check for today, make sure everyone's working at a reasonable speed and doing quality work, you can then start coding.
    I have time to do that? even with the diffrent time zones.

Check the code right after you finish something, because a small typo can lead to a big bug.
    it tells me if theres a typo
    If you already do this, then that's great.You'll need no help from me if you do.
    Help?
    Hmmm... cool game... wel the best name I think that would be is Pokemon Linked... but Pokemon Connected is cool to ;)

Pokemon connected seems to be in the lead
    but were still undecided

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Since when 'lol' and 'omg' are bad words?
    And when he says faulty variables, I think he means you should have no bugs in your programming, such as people with 7 pokemons in a party, or more then 4 moves, something like that.

=)

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I mean stuff like wtf (hope that's appropriate for the thread).

lol i stoopid i liek give help 2 ppl who no what they r doing bcuz i think they mite b messing up

I feel like that now. Anyway, I'm still doing Celadon Shopping Center. Maybe the Pokemon Mansion too.

About the last thing I'll ask- You gonna make credits with every mapper's name on it? For me, put "DimJim-'stoopid dood',mapper" please. Of course, it would get annoying after a while for me to walk through town with everyone typing "Hey, it's the stoopid dood!"

Hmm.... You should make something where if someone has P$1,000,000, they can give it to you for you mappers to make an HQ so they can make a club/guild/clan/whatever. It would be a nice addition and might improve people's ratings on the game.

Lipega

Online Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    wow fore how long have you work on this game guys... i reamber when this started it was when i start making my own mmo pokemon in flash... never got to beta whit that one.

hope i can see this game get to the deadline... and that you dont drown in stupid posts like this one...

take care

Years
    Hmmm... Ive been away for some time now, and its starting to look good, what are the final things you need to do before it is playable?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Anyway, I'm still doing Celadon Shopping Center. Maybe the Pokemon Mansion too.
    Just so you know: all mappers have to pass an extensive test before they are allowed to map anything. Then WE choose which maps you do, based on your skills. Dont pick maps to do when you dont even know if you will be a mapper.

About the last thing I'll ask- You gonna make credits with every mapper's name on it? For me, put "DimJim-'stoopid dood',mapper" please. Of course, it would get annoying after a while for me to walk through town with everyone typing "Hey, it's the stoopid dood!"
    yes we are having credits...

i'm not quite sure what to make of the rest of that quote...

Hmm.... You should make something where if someone has P$1,000,000, they can give it to you for you mappers to make an HQ so they can make a club/guild/clan/whatever. It would be a nice addition and might improve people's ratings on the game.
    Its called the mod lounge, already implemented in the game at no cost to the user.

and, i find you last few posts very rude, most people have the decency to ask if they can help in any way, not demand their help on us and say exactly what they are doing and that they dont trust us... on top of it all, saying that we will have to pay so you can play after we have just spent a year coding and making the game is extremely rude.

Just so you know, we havent worked on this game for a year so that we can get a part time job to pay for people to use it.

wow fore how long have you work on this game guys... i reamber when this started it was when i start making my own mmo pokemon in flash... never got to beta whit that one.

hope i can see this game get to the deadline... and that you dont drown in stupid posts like this one...

take care
    Its been, let me think, just under a year since we started on this forum and about 18mths since we got the idea...

Thanks, we need those kind of posts to keep us going in this project...

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    mmk, well i just donated 28 NZ bucks to show my faith in the project and to semi-brag XD. come on folks, DONATE. it's so hard to beleive how easy it is to use PayPal O__O...

hope the whole pokemon storage dilemma works out well for ya ^__^

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Okay... I'm just gonna assume my last post got ignored because it fell in the same category as celebi6's for some reason. Anyways, do you need any help with anything else? If so, I'm always available!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
    mmk, well i just donated 28 NZ bucks to show my faith in the project and to semi-brag XD. come on folks, DONATE. it's so hard to beleive how easy it is to use PayPal O__O...

hope the whole pokemon storage dilemma works out well for ya ^__^

Wow samson you didnt have to not yet anyway
    But feel free everyone
    although i think you could probably wait until the beta is released
    although the money is going to help get the game out sooner as we can put it to all sorts of uses for the server

Anyway i got the pokemon storage system sorted out
    its looking good now i just want to add a little something to it

Okay... I'm just gonna assume my last post got ignored because it fell in the same category as celebi6's for some reason. Anyways, do you need any help with anything else? If so, I'm always available!

Sorry i may have missed your last post
    We always need help even if its just to do the long boring but easy work the wuicker they get done the sooner the game gets released
    PM with what you can do or what your good at

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back