• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
  • I also got 2 questions:/
    1.What if i would have a big brother,and he wants to mess up my copy of PokemonTOA using hacks and packet editing?I would get permbanned without doing anything!That's why permban wouldnt be good.A ban of maximum 5 days would be very good.
    2.If someone is in the pokecenter(or other building),and someone is in front of the door of the pokecenter(outside),how would you be able to exit the building?
    If i am a p*** in ******,you dont need to answer my questions.

-Black Dratini
    :t147:

1st: Don´t know, sry

2nd: They said that if you stand on the same square as another trainer, you CAN move like nothing happened.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • This game looks awsome i wish i could play it -.- dial up sucks for the loss
    Geo has optimized the packets so that dial-up users can also play PTOA. Only problem is the original download...

On the front page, you mentioned 421 possible characters... How are those picked? Are they at random or do you view a whole gallery? In the FR/LG, D/P, etc. games, I get sick real easy of playing as the same red-hat wearing guy, I think this would be good and shows diversity. Not everyone wears red hats or has pink scarfs.
    OK, you select your gender (male/female), then type (bug catcher/cool trainer etc.), then colour (7 colours each character)

I think a better way of doing this, would be, set up the battles to only allow pokemon like 1 or 2 levels higher than you to attack, this would keep the places fair then.

I'm not sure if this is wat is already being done or not.
    yeah, that is pretty much what were doing...

Is your battle system done yet? I haven't seen a screenshot of that... We also haven't seen White or Black Sprite in a while. Like 4 days. That usually means they are working on it. There should be some sort of race when this is done, lke the first person to get from Pallet Town to the Viridian Forest or something.
    The battle system has been finished, except GUI and animations... that is why there is no screenies, cos it is real hard to make a screenie of nothingness and convincingly say it is a battle system...
    Just a question, do you plan on doing things like EVs and IVs, and all the other hidden values? Whether you do or not, Good luck!
    Yup EVs , IVs and other hidden values are included in the battle system. It would be extremely boring if we didnt, every Pikachu would be the same etc.
    I also got 2 questions:/
    1.What if i would have a big brother,and he wants to mess up my copy of PokemonTOA using hacks and packet editing?I would get permbanned without doing anything!That's why permban wouldnt be good.A ban of maximum 5 days would be very good.
    2.If someone is in the pokecenter(or other building),and someone is in front of the door of the pokecenter(outside),how would you be able to exit the building?
    If i am a p*** in ******,you dont need to answer my questions.

-Black Dratini
    :t147:

1- we are still working through the problems in the banning stuff. Heres an example of why permban is used: if I was only going to be banned for a week if I used a hack, I would try a hack just to see if I could cheat in any way. like if you were able to change the EVs and IVs of one pokemon to make it almost invincible for just one week of inactivity, you would take the hack. If the punishment changes to complete permanent ban, never able to access the game again on that computer, the number of people willing to do it are significantly decreased. This same idea is used on XBox Live if you use illegal mods.

2- leaving a door, going down/up stairs, you end up on top of the person blocking the door. You then can walk off in any direction.

Demyx

I can see my house from here
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    I don't think so. I hope so too, because I'll start a gang in the game that blocks Pallet Town from Route 1.
    OK, you select your gender (male/female), then type (bug catcher/cool trainer etc.), then colour (7 colours each character)
    So, is there a female version of a bug catcher, and a male version of an Aroma Lady? So, if thats true, 421/7=~60, 60/2=30, so there are about 30 types of trainers, right?

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Yes i dont think i would like to go through 51 pages so can anyone inform me if theres a link to this game or is it still being made. Beta i dont care i have had my eye on this game

Shadez

-
    Years
  • i don't want to be rude but 2 things

@ace675: there is a search function you know
    @ace675 and
    @leyth10: quit whining about when the game is coming out.
    it takes time to make a game have you ever tried to make a online pokemon rpg game completely from scratch and with only one programmer (sorry for stealing your words blacksprite:D)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    i will be willing to be a alpha tester for you or beta tester or gamma tester lol anyway pm me if i can.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • @99999: Don´t ask to be a ALPHA or BETA tester. No, really, don´t!
    @ace675 and leyth10: This game will be out when it´s finished. FINISHED (100%)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    I haven't really read all the posts in this forum so this might've been already asked and answered but when will this be online?

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    I haven't really read all the posts in this forum so this might've been already asked and answered but when will this be online?
    Its unproffesional to guess, but I guess that they are guessing it will be out in a year from now. But thats me just guessing their guess. So, are there any new updates?

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Ah sorry guys school play has k=chewed up most of my time but thats over. yeah about a year we hope. I'm actually getting quite excited i'll post a big update in a couple of days with some screen shots

Demyx

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Screenshots? Big update? In a few days? Awesome. Hopefully its good news.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    this seems really cool. i can't wait until it comes out.
    Are there going to be the same three starter pokemon? how will that go? will we get a selection based on our trainer type, or will it be a certain 12, which are the cannon starters?
    i can't wait for this to come out.
    also - i know a bit of VB. is there any way i could help?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • this seems really cool. i can't wait until it comes out.
    Are there going to be the same three starter pokemon? how will that go? will we get a selection based on our trainer type, or will it be a certain 12, which are the cannon starters?
    i can't wait for this to come out.
    also - i know a bit of VB. is there any way i could help?

Maaaaaaan, nobody try to !!!SEARCH!!!. 30 Starters, when you enter the game 3 are randomly (?) chosen.
    And I say it now: Don´t EVER ask when it comes out. (They said maybe a year)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Maaaaaaan, nobody try to !!!SEARCH!!!. 30 Starters, when you enter the game 3 are randomly (?) chosen.
    And I say it now: Don´t EVER ask when it comes out. (They said maybe a year)

i didn't ask when it would come out. i said i can't wait and i asked if there was any way i could help with my limited knowledge of VB

although, if you choose to be like a psychic, then shouldn't you autimatically get the choice to choose a psychic? otherwise, you aren't much of a psychic with no psychic pokemon

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • i didn't ask when it would come out. i said i can't wait and i asked if there was any way i could help with my limited knowledge of VB

although, if you choose to be like a psychic, then shouldn't you autimatically get the choice to choose a psychic? otherwise, you aren't much of a psychic with no psychic pokemon

I know that you didn´t ask when it comes out.
    But I thought I say it BEFORE you or somebody else asks it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back