• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
  • Glad to hear it.

It looks like the idea posted above was too different from the games, as in an added feature and stats that were never there. We couldn't quite see how to implement it in a way that would more then just clicking a move over and over again to get better at it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    i'm sure this has already been posted and sorry for the repeat if it is one, but is there a time estimate as to when the game will be released and, is the a website for this game?

AirAKose

Manga Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    This seems awesome! Truelly! ^^ If you are still in need of an artist, I'm up for applying! :)
    I might be a bit above the Pokemon art level, but I'm always willing to tone it down ^^

I'll send you an application via PM :)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Yea sorry bout the lack of updates, im sick as a dog at the moement. But im am currently coding the editor for the game. This covers the maps and pretty much everything in the game that is dynamic or can be changed.

Its a big editor.

Years
  • Yea sorry bout the lack of updates, im sick as a dog at the moement. But im am currently coding the editor for the game. This covers the maps and pretty much everything in the game that is dynamic or can be changed.

Its a big editor.
    I hope you feel better soon Blacksprite and if your illness causes problems with coding, stop and wait to recover from your illness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    uh

Uhm... I read you needed help with sprites, do you mean ripped sprites off original pokemon games or custom ones, and also- what sprites...pokemon, people, trees, buildings etc.
    I can do some spriting if you need help :)

Edit:PM me or email me at [email protected]

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Thanks, its more my illness slows my coding. Makes me think less clearer.

Yea we do need striping done, custom makes of ripped ones. There are some tile sets that need to be makes. Some of the ships need the rest of the animations made etc.

AirAKose

Manga Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    Merph

I hope you feel well soon, blacksprite... :) I agree with red, don't let the game's stress get to you while you're sick..

I want to ask some things! :) I hope they haven't already been asked... If they have, feel free to attack me ;)

1) Do you plan on having all of the regions in this game?

2) If yes, will you be able to choose which one to start in, with the starter pokemon relative to that region?

3) Would you be willing to consider having small pokemon able to follow you outside of their pokeball, like in Yellow, or the newer Diamond/Pearl (I think it was those...)

4) Will you have pokemon contests? (Like in ruby/sapphire/emerald)

5) How will you handle legendary pokemon? You can't have multiples of unique pokemon...

6) Will there be quests?

7) Do you plan on any random events? Moderator controlled or otherwise?

8) Trainer customization at the beginning? Then later on, accesories that, maybe, promote different moods in pokemon for different effects?

I'm Sorry for all of the questions.... These are just things that came to mind when I found out about this... ^^'

~~Air

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • 1) Do you plan on having all of the regions in this game?

2) If yes, will you be able to choose which one to start in, with the starter pokemon relative to that region?

3) Would you be willing to consider having small pokemon able to follow you outside of their pokeball, like in Yellow, or the newer Diamond/Pearl (I think it was those...)

4) Will you have pokemon contests? (Like in ruby/sapphire/emerald)

5) How will you handle legendary pokemon? You can't have multiples of unique pokemon...

6) Will there be quests?

7) Do you plan on any random events? Moderator controlled or otherwise?

8) Trainer customization at the beginning? Then later on, accesories that, maybe, promote different moods in pokemon for different effects?

1) No only one region to begin with. Nothings is worse then starting an MMO and taking 4 days before you see another living sole. Specially when the game is geared to play with lots of other people. Have more then one region to begin with would spread people out way to much. Although its definitively on the cards later down the track.

2) -

3) This wouldn't be too hard to implement may take some time but,
    Time on screen vs Value vs Time to implement. Would need all the art for it too. It could also cause problems taking up more space on the game world. It wouldn't make sense for others to walk through them. This hasn't actually been thought of so it would require a lot more thought before i could give an answer.

4) This is a topic of much debate between the developers. I will say nothing more just yet but its definitely being discussed and could bring a lot to the game.

5) Yea legendary Pokemon will most likely be very rare perhaps one in a few contests. So it wont matter too much if there is more then one because it will be so rare it may feel like there's only one, because there could be...

6) yes.

7) yes.

8) Visual changes to a trainer sprite is very hard. Paper dolling isn't hard but getting the extras to look good on all the different sprites is. I'm no artist either so its even harder still. As for pure addition that effect catch rates, moods, etc i have to be very careful there is a delicate balance that must be preserved. There are already some items in the game that effect this anyhow.

AirAKose

Manga Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    Awesome! :D

One last question...
    When do you expect to have a website up? (If not for the game at first, for updates) And do you need a web coder/site designer?

(Wait.... That's 2 questions.....)

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Awesome! :D

One last question...
    When do you expect to have a website up? (If not for the game at first, for updates) And do you need a web coder/site designer?

(Wait.... That's 2 questions.....)

At present i don't have time to design and code a web page. Theirs art requirements for that too. If anyone wants to do this i would be more then happy to offload the task.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    sure

Okay, if you want I will help you rip sprites off games, I need to know what game and which sprites, if you want my help that is- and also if it is like I need a boat done can you tell me which type of boat and where it is in the game?

(if this is pearl/diamond that would be pretty hard since its kinda 3D version of 2D but I could have a go, if it isn't pearl/diamond then I could very easily get any sprites you need)

P.S- Hope you get better, being sick sucks...

AirAKose

Manga Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    At present i don't have time to design and code a web page. Theirs art requirements for that too. If anyone wants to do this i would be more then happy to offload the task.
    Sorry, I'm not sure how you want applications ^^'
    I can help with the web design and coding... But I'll need to know what you want on it (Pages you want and specific content you want included). I hope you don't mind me using CSS and Javascript with the HTML?... And possibly PHP.... (Though PHP is just to make editing easier, so I won't /need/ to be able to use it)
    I do have some artistic skill in traditional art and graphic designs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    I would like to join / help with the project, too.
    I could help with the webpage - designing - coding and publish this project to german forums.
    @ AirAKose: Maybe we can work on the webpage together ;)

@ Blacksprite:
    i sent you a message

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    Blacksprite:
    I have some previous sprite ripping and modding from when I made my own Ragnarok Online server with custom classes and such. If you want modded sprites(color changes, added items, etc) just send 'em my way!

Other than that, I'm probably not much use, unless some soldering needs doing! ;-P

~~--Bladebaka

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Oooh, another interesting looking pokemon mmo.
    I'm gonna have to keep my eye on this one too...
    wow... I'm gonna be keeping my eyes on a lot of things for a while now... I need more eyes...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Just need to know...

I will help with stripping the sprites for you ^_^ just need to know what version and what sprites exactly, it would also help if you could tell me where on the map the sprites are.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back