• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online-The Round table

Grassstrand

Complete trash
    Years

Howdy! I want to get my idea out here, I got the idea a couple days ago and have spent all day(literally)on this google doc. If you have any ideas or question please let me know! If you would be interested in the RP!

PLEASE NOTE: The doc is not complete and is under construction even now, I just want to get the idea out and see if others are interested.

The google doc with the information I have so far can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UqxLpYFotKRsgjkmxIMcg28AhAp1dgz6u4O5F90WFQk/edit?usp=sharing

Don't want to read the whole doc?
    Basic sum up: You have been chosen alongside 5 others to beta test "Pokemon Online-The Round Table" a virtual reality game set in a world that looks akin to Feudal Japan. You and the others receive your starters from a man who dubs you all knights and it is up to you and your party to battle your way through the routes and raise your ranks to Knights of the Round Table.

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Ooo, a Pokemon VR MMORPG. Considering how popular the Sword Art Online roleplay was, I should think that there will be quite an amount of interest for POTRT. I for one am. It's simple, relaxed and straightforward. I don't really quite care if there's a catch or a twist (but I do love surprises) though my only concern as of now is that the roleplay might become too Dungeons & Dragons in the sense that one wild pokemon encounter may take ages to complete, unless everyone replies promptly.

Grassstrand

Complete trash
    Years
    Ooo, a Pokemon VR MMORPG. Considering how popular the Sword Art Online roleplay was, I should think that there will be quite an amount of interest for POTRT. I for one am. It's simple, relaxed and straightforward. I don't really quite care if there's a catch or a twist (but I do love surprises) though my only concern as of now is that the roleplay might become too Dungeons & Dragons in the sense that one wild pokemon encounter may take ages to complete, unless everyone replies promptly.

I've never actually watched Sword Art Online if I'm being honest with you X3 But now that you mention it maybe I should check it out for some inspiration and such. That's half the reason I made an interest check :3 I'd rather make something everyone could enjoy, rather than something I made on a whim with no input! And of course there will be little surprises but nothing like "Oh you want to leave? Na bro you're stuck here for life" and as far as the combat goes would you prefer a casual player based and decided system rather than calculated math stuff? For example, I could just make an encounter or something like...

Wild Pidgey appears!
    Appearance: Shiny

Moveset:
    Twister
    Quick Attack
    Sand Attack
    Tackle

And then other RP'ers RP it out until they think it should be defeated? OwO

Another way would be allowing players to have random encounters based on the Pokemon available on that route but occasionally a "tough Pokemon" appears (I'll announce it don't worry) and thats when the combat system I had planned plays out? :3 (So like the one above but still with the stat system in play)

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    Thankyou very much! :D It's currently under development, and I hope to have the IC thread up soon!

You need to do a Casting thread in OOC before that. Collect player applications and such.

How robust is the character creation tool? Can we be non-humans? Are magic users accepted in this world setting or nah?

Would you be roleplaying our Pokemon yourself to create a more engaging relationship between them and their trainers,
    or will each player be playing both their trainer and their Pokemon to allow them to make their Pokemon precisely what they wanted with no surprises?

Grassstrand

Complete trash
    Years
    You need to do a Casting thread in OOC before that. Collect player applications and such.

How robust is the character creation tool? Can we be non-humans? Are magic users accepted in this world setting or nah?

Would you be roleplaying our Pokemon yourself to create a more engaging relationship between them and their trainers,
    or will each player be playing both their trainer and their Pokemon to allow them to make their Pokemon precisely what they wanted with no surprises?

I know! :3 That's what I meant, sorry >.<

I'd say the character creation tool would be pretty much limitless, as this is a virtual world akin to WoW and whatnot, I don't think that they would limit characters appearances in game to Human's.

Originally I had planned on letting all the members choose and control, but if you guys would prefer I would be willing to drop my own character and RP the Pokemon instead?

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I'd say the character creation tool would be pretty much limitless, as this is a virtual world akin to WoW and whatnot, I don't think that they would limit characters appearances in game to Human's.

Originally I had planned on letting all the members choose and control, but if you guys would prefer I would be willing to drop my own character and RP the Pokemon instead?

Nice! I wanna make a non-hume. Where might you draw the line there? For example, a humanoid that might be made of shadow... An animate set of armour... A robot-- nah that doesn't fit the theme actually. A fantasy beast-race? A Pokemon?

(Pst you didn't answer my magic-user question~ Would that make for power imbalance?)

The way I usually see it, the GM plays NPCs and not a protag. That may or may not include the Pokemon partners. If you do, and you put some work into the Pokemon personalities, it can make for more dynamic relationships and allows for surprises. At the cost of the partner Pokemon not doing/being exactly what the protag wants. Just for you to weigh your options.

Back