• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokemon "Opal & Quartz" Gallery

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I uploaded these pictures to my official portfolio, but I thought I'd upload them here, too! My assignment for Concept Art class was to create any story and focus on designing a character, environment, and prop from it. So I created two new Pokemon games, "Opal & Quartz," and so far I have pictures of the rival, "Kiku!" He would be a member of the villainous team as well as a rival.

Action poses:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Emotions:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rotation:
Spoiler:

Final:
Spoiler:

I hope you all like it! I'm quite proud of myself; he took a look time to design. Hopefully I can add the environment sketches and prop sketches soon!

Years
Ohh, nice job on these! :D It's good to see you were trying out different poses for those first few images you've shown us; very good way to practice!

I'd recommend keeping an eye on how the body parts look in comparison to everything else though and just pay attention to details as you draw in general, since in a few of the images the head or hands looks a little big when compared to the body. But yeah, keep on practicing and being diverse with your poses, you'll improve quicker that way!

Keep at it, your work is wonderful! :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Very nice work, I love the shading you've used in the final version. It's great that you tried so many poses for him, but one thing I would say is that in some of the action poses his arms/legs don't really flow with the rest of his body - for example in the running frame his arms almost look like they're stiff boards that have been nailed on or something? x3 Other than that small criticism the drawings are very impressive, especially the facial expressions and once again the shading/colouring. Keep it up! :)

Back