• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon: Orange

Years

• title2.png

* * * Description * * *

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1​

The game is set in the Flora Region, a region based on the American state of Florida as well as a WIP second region based on the Florida Keys. With 6 new megas and 2 regional lines there is plenty to do in Flora.
    Teams Neoplasma and Cipher are threatening the Flora Region, and you just moved there. Stop Plasma and Cipher as they are working together and spreading Shadow Pokemon across the region. Assist the newest Vigilante in the region in her fight against the evil teams. Travel across the regions to high snowy mountain peaks of South City, to the underground caves of Palmetto town, the swampy Belle Town, and the beachfront city of Closeburg and Coral City. Battle the 8 Gym Leaders across the lands, Defeat the Elite 4 and Champion, Stop Team Cipher and Neo-Plasma, Master Mega Evolutions, and heal the Shadow Pokemon you encounter.

Progress: The main story is completed as well as a short post-game story that leads into the second region, which is still very much in development. It has 2 accessible gyms, but no trainers or wild encounters. Other than that there are still 8 main story gyms, two evil teams in Cipher and Neo-Plasma, every gym leader has their own "custom" image.
    The Flora Region
    mapRegion0.png

* * * Features * * *
    6 New Mega Evolutions:
    The three starters, Delphox, Samurott, and Decidueye. The other three are Gigalith, Haxorus, and Mismagius
    New Regional Forms: Krookodile Line becomes Fire/Dark and Drednaw becomes Water/Grass
    242 Available Pokemon: There are pokemon from Gens 1-8, but not all of them. The count also includes previous and later evolution stages.
    Gyms: There are 12 of them! Each with their own puzzle and city as well. Each has their own unique leaders as well!
    New Regions: The game is set in the Flora region, based on Florida, but with maybe a bit more variation in elevation. As well as a WIP second region based on the Florida Keys.
    New Story: There is a new story to follow, it was written by me, so it may not be the best ever, but there is a story.
    Post-Game Boss Fights: Two trainers in two of the towns act as boss fights and only are there on certain days.
    creditsleaders.png

* * * In Development Notes AKA the Changelog* * *
    v17 New Stuff
    Added a battle-tower-like area called the battle pier in Milkford city to get held battle items, nature mints, and ability changing items.
    Added two new gyms and fixed a few issues.
    Added while encounters to the first route of Flora Cay.
    Added two new routes, though one of which, doesn't have any encounters or trainers.
    Added a fun new trainer who loves using level 1 rattata.
    New New Stuff
    Fixed a few issues I had in the previous. Especially one that just stopped you from being able to beat the game. Orange Bridge Ferry and Milkford Pokecenter should be working now.
    New Stuff
    Finished Story.
    Elite 4 and Champion added.
    Short Post-Game added.
    Added the rest of the new mega stones to the world.
    New Post-Game rooms for catching Mythical Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
    Populated some cities and towns.
    Added interiors to first few cities.
    Added Regional Pokedex for all wild encounters.
    New Notes
    I'm planning on adding a second shorter region for another set of gyms so you can use the Mythical Pokemon and Deoxys that you get from the main story. The new area will be based on the Florida Keys. I dunno when it'll be done, but it'll be a while.
    Old Notes
    I'm only one dude working on it in my free time, which I don't really have much of.
    I've been focusing on the story and gyms, so most towns will probably feel empty. Most buildings don't have interiors.
    Some interiors may also be from the Starter Kit as well, the department store, Pokemon Centers, and Pokemarts come to mind first.
    Typos may be fairly frequent. Other than one guy, I'm the only one who tests the game and I'm garbage at typing and catching typos. If you see any typos, please let me know.
    balance might be a tad bit unbalanced.​
    Also if you want more recent updates on how certain things are going or if I'm even working on the game at all that week, you can join my discord. Just click this blue text.

Spoiler: Videos and Images

Download v17 by clicking on this!
    Spoiler: All Credits

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just discovered an eventing thing, try not to take the ferry in Orange Bridge until you finish Gym 2, or else you'll get stuck. Also the Pokemart in Milkford brings you back to Palm Peak due to me not catching that mistake.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Are there other starters one can find? Like as gifts or prizes? I ask since I wish the PBS had a gift list but it doesnt, and the wild encounters list doesnt have that info.

Years
  • Are there other starters one can find? Like as gifts or prizes? I ask since I wish the PBS had a gift list but it doesnt, and the wild encounters list doesnt have that info.
    You can obtain one of the hoenn starters after you obtain a mega ring. Other than that, none others for now. Probably later though.

Years
  • I recently updated again because someone alerted me to a few really bad event mistakes I made. New version should've fixed it. For the most part, it can be completed.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I updated my game and I THINK I see an issue here, I caught a level 5 purrloin but if I recallit SHOULD have pursuit at least by level 9 but its not shown in its movepool at all. It has no dark moves until Assurance at level 21. Thats a long time before it gets a type-sepcific move as its most basic STAB move.

Years
  • I updated my game and I THINK I see an issue here, I caught a level 5 purrloin but if I recallit SHOULD have pursuit at least by level 9 but its not shown in its movepool at all. It has no dark moves until Assurance at level 21. Thats a long time before it gets a type-sepcific move as its most basic STAB move.
    that's probably because you're thinking of how it was in gens 5-7, purloin learned pursuit by 15, however it seems that Pokémon essentials goes by gen 8, which removed pursuit as a move. Leaving purrloin's dark move to be at 21 instead. And yeah, I might look into re-adding pursuit by the next update.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    that's probably because you're thinking of how it was in gens 5-7, purloin learned pursuit by 15, however it seems that Pokémon essentials goes by gen 8, which removed pursuit as a move. Leaving purrloin's dark move to be at 21 instead. And yeah, I might look into re-adding pursuit by the next update.
    ah you're right I forgot that fact. I'll wait and see what happens. At the very least though the one I caught is a timid nature and thus would make a good special sweeper eventually once I find the snarl TM, and later dark pulse, so I dont need to worry too much eventually.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ah you're right I forgot that fact. I'll wait and see what happens. At the very least though the one I caught is a timid nature and thus would make a good special sweeper eventually once I find the snarl TM, and later dark pulse, so I dont need to worry too much eventually.
    It's been a while, but I have no idea if I even have a tm for snarl. There aren't many items scattered around, and it's something I plan to fix next update. Snarl is gonna be a tm I might place in the world now.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    It's been a while, but I have no idea if I even have a tm for snarl. There aren't many items scattered around, and it's something I plan to fix next update. Snarl is gonna be a tm I might place in the world now.
    well the PBS files says its tutorable which I assume means TMs so I think it should be there but I'll wait and see what you do.

BTW I hope you update the dialogue at some point even if its not gonna be in the next update, as theres a few punctuation errors and the sentence structure is very simplistic for something that is apparently trying to be a potentially story-driven experience (the presence of both Plasma and Cipher suggests it anyway) and several trainers have identical dialogue after they are defeated.

Years
  • well the PBS files says its tutorable which I assume means TMs so I think it should be there but I'll wait and see what you do.

BTW I hope you update the dialogue at some point even if its not gonna be in the next update, as theres a few punctuation errors and the sentence structure is very simplistic for something that is apparently trying to be a potentially story-driven experience (the presence of both Plasma and Cipher suggests it anyway) and several trainers have identical dialogue after they are defeated.
    Ah yeah, I'm pretty bad at checking that stuff after I type, I'm definitely working on making things worded a bit better as I'm also pretty meh at words. The trainer thing is just me not realizing it after I finish them, so that'll definitely be getting some changes.

Days
    • Seen today
    Is the mega stone for Haxorus in the game? if so can you give me the location please

Back