• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Orphan & Pokemon: Downfall

Which sounds better?

• Orphan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downfall

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • They both suck

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tough choice, they're both good

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    Okay, first off, this is an IDEA THREAD. Why is it not in the other Sticky? Because I have a bit more than just a few sentences and I have two ideas. Read the next Bold Chapter to know about me, or skip down to the Bold titles for information regarding.

This thread is for me to update myself on ideas and to see if anyone would have comments or ideas or wish to steal the idea for themselves. (Because I probably can't make 30% of this stuff happen).

About Me
    I am an old schooler when it comes to Pokemon. I stopped watching Pokemon around the Orange League and pretty much don't like nor know much about pokemon past 151. Although, I have beaten all the pokemon games (not both their colors, but at least one from each gen).

I am a programmer and even do it for a job, although I am not great at it. I am very very new to Poke-Hacking, but I enjoy learning and do it namely for fun and meeting new people in a related interest (field).

Pokemon: Orphan
    Inspiration: Short-Term RP
    Story:
    You're an Orphaned child in Kanto who grew up all over the country from foster parent to foster parent. At age 10 (the age to be entitled as a trainer) you're adopted by a mysterious old man/hermit in Viridian). Always fascinated you wish to become a trainer, but due to your status as an Orphan and because your legal papers are so undefined and scattered it takes seven years to achieve your dream to become a trainer.

Because you didn't go to any proper schools you did all your studies at home and did all your tests through the mail. At age 17 you finally receive all that is needed to become a trainer.

In the actual RP, the trainer from viridian actually had to use a Vapor Spray that contained Stun Powder in it to catch his first pokemon. HARSH.

In Game Wants:
    -> I want Kanto to be almost exact as how it was.
    -> Anime events, such as saving Charmander, Impressing Bulbasaur, and subduing Squirtle (squad) and much more. Choose to to do it like the show or see the WHAT IF'S if you did it different?
    -> All battles to be way more difficult and for Gym Battles to actually be extremely difficult (and to have flags/events that happen if you lose against them. Although, I know this is WAY out of my league of scripting).
    ---> Like if you lose against Brock he'll say something different and have a different line up of Pokemon with different levels.
    -> Much more quest driven game. I found the other pokemon games to have quests, but they were either simple or retarded. I want quests where you actually pursue your own story line.
    -> A new rival who doesn't fight you till the very end, not revealing his pokemon what so ever (like Gary).
    -> Stage Battles (Like in the pokemon league with ice fields. Much like ingame: sunny day, rainy day (or w/e), and etc. But without the time limit. Or maybe this already exists. EITHER WAY I WANT IT INCLUDED AND TO BE MUCH MORE SEVERE!
    -> Set battles - where trainers cannot switch out Pokemon during a battle unless they are KO'd. Switching can only be done between KO's.
    -> Gym League Battles where it only allows you to battle with a specific amount of pokemon.
    -> Choices that guide the endings and big events.
    -> Probably more stuff?

Conclusion
    Anyways. I am not too sure how much of this has already been done. The game I would like to be choice based using multiple flags to sort of guide the forefront of things. Sort of like the trippy RPG classical: "If you let him live, it may come back to haunt or aid you" sort of thing.

Pokemon: Downfall
    [I lol'd, someone voted for Downfall before I even posted this! Bravo synicalism [I understand this is not a proper word. Sheesh!].]
    Inspiration: Uhm, RPG's?
    Story:
    You play as a young Recruit in the Special Poke-Battle Corps, aka SPBC (This will probably change when I gain an ounce of creativity). The world is war torn between the evil Team Rocket and the united forces of the Pokemon Islands, battling to control for good or evil. Cliché? Well yea, I mean, this is Pokemon rated E for everyone.

In-Game Notes
    On that note I have always wanted to make a more mature setting for Pokemon (probably because I am mature [seriously guys, when I say mature, don't think wine glass and a laced wound leather bound book. I mean the ability to not giggle at the word penis and not have nightmares in gore filled frames]). So this may be that opportunity to use more intellectual dialogs and maybe harsh language. Who knows. Either way this game is military based. This has probably been done, who knows. But the story is driven [and still in the process of developing for actual game play] and comes second to the gameplay aspect I wish to create. I believe someone has actually already beat me to this punch or at least the idea if not development:
    -> Set teams.
    I love my RPG's where I have to mull between a selection of persons. You know the old school RP teams: Healer, Nuker, Brute/Tank, DPS. Oye - no WoW nerds please. These terms existed before nerdom took the turn for the worst with MMO's
    Spoiler:

-> Two versions GOOD guys or EVIL guys? Maybe, oye that's a lot of work. COME ON! I HAVE A CAREER AND COLLEGE!
    --> When you start you start with your companion Pokemon who I would like to be so aggressively strong that players wouldn't want to trade him out. So nothing weak. As the story continues you don't catch pokemon (as catching pokemon has become illegal), you merely enlist them into your party for the better part of your war.
    -> These pokemon will have exclusive set of moves, attributes, stats, etc.
    -> Introducing healing pokemon. Chansey is great, but just doesn't do it for me. I want more kick in the soft-boiled baby!
    -> Pokemon from all Regions
    -> Multi-Islands
    -> Travelling isn't quite like the originals. You travel to missions. I assume this manner to make having a bunch of maps possible.
    -> Trainer pokemon will be different. Instead of running through grassy plains you do side quests in between major quests.
    -> Side Quests CAN effect the ending/events
    -> More than enough side-quests to get your needed training in
    -> PC's will be few and far between, forcing the player to have balanced teams.
    -> Double battles will be almost constant giving you the choice to make duets of two different types of Pokemon. Will you have hard hitter with healer? Or a light hitter who can protect with defense and HP and a healer? Or what?
    -> Rival is on the opposite side and is completely sinister and evil.
    -> Gym battles are replaced with Officer Battles. (From 2nd Lieutenant to GENERAL!)
    -> Gain rank as a nice little extra [Oye, how am I going to do that?!]

Conclusion
    This game wouldn't be your common Pokemon Hack. The game will be based on moving set teams through harsh combat. I plan to have maybe 20 Pokemon able to be used through the game. The character system I hope to represent Suikoden's sort of development.

Anyways. Both hacks above are not even started yet, these are just spit ball ideas.

Feel free to give harsh criticism =D.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I think i saw something like this before. But the orphan thing isn't that exciting to me.
    Good luck anyways.

Back