• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 18, 2016
Before playing this rom I thought that the chatlogs were so boring it couldn't be worse, but you've proven me otherwise.

You're saying this is a funny and realistic modification. The dialogues are
neither funny or realistic, they are just swear words and insults everywhere. Extremely painful to real, not that I feel offended, but they are terribly boring.

There has been no effort put in the mapping or the story itself. Did you spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it? Seriosuly...

I don't mean to discourage you from making anymore modifications but people are saying this is a great mod, etc etc. It's not. You are motivated but if you put more work in this, and do it professinally, your roms could actually turn out really nice.

Take this for example: You made everyone expect a really funny rom, when people open it, just random insults everywhere. Not funny unless you're like 10, and even then, it gets boring after 1 minute. If you want to make a funny rom I suggest you think of a regular pokemon backstory and add hidden jokes and funny messages around. Like: funny singpost messages, hidden references in the chat, etc etc

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If you want to make a funny rom I suggest you think of a regular pokemon backstory and add hidden jokes and funny messages around. Like: funny singpost messages, hidden references in the chat, etc etc
That, in the business, is what we call a slideshow hack, which is apparently wholly separate from what this hack aims to be. And there's just nothing funny about that business.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Before playing this rom I thought that the chatlogs were so boring it couldn't be worse, but you've proven me otherwise.

You're saying this is a funny and realistic modification. The dialogues are
neither funny or realistic, they are just swear words and insults everywhere. Extremely painful to real, not that I feel offended, but they are terribly boring.

There has been no effort put in the mapping or the story itself. Did you spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it? Seriosuly...

I don't mean to discourage you from making anymore modifications but people are saying this is a great mod, etc etc. It's not. You are motivated but if you put more work in this, and do it professinally, your roms could actually turn out really nice.

Take this for example: You made everyone expect a really funny rom, when people open it, just random insults everywhere. Not funny unless you're like 10, and even then, it gets boring after 1 minute. If you want to make a funny rom I suggest you think of a regular pokemon backstory and add hidden jokes and funny messages around. Like: funny singpost messages, hidden references in the chat, etc etc

Thank you for the negative review. I cherish these.
Looking back, Outlaw was a terrible hack but it got its 15 minutes of semi fame and mostly positive reviews. So yeah.
I spent roughly 31 minutes thinking about the mapping and story. So yeah.
Though whether or not this hack was funny is really subjective and varies from person to person. That said, I definitely overdid it.
Ill be better in the future. Shoot, my other hack is better than this one.
As far as a "regular pokemon backstory", I'll promise you that I'll never do that.

Last edited:

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Dear Crizzle,

You remembered me didn't ya? I was the guy that needs help in the beginning. I watched your hack grew. I was in the beginning. Just finished the hack in one day. Hack is half funny-(drama? wtf).

A fan,

Omega/Zero

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Dear Crizzle,

You remembered me didn't ya? I was the guy that needs help in the beginning. I watched your hack grew. I was in the beginning. Just finished the hack in one day. Hack is half funny-(drama? wtf).

A fan,

Omega/Zero

I didn't remember you right away. But I looked back to the first page and then remembered you. Though I should have remembered an awesome name like Omega.
It feels like so long ago when I made Outlaw, happy you managed to play through it. Outlaw's a crazy game. Thanks for playing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2016
Hey there. This hack sounds great, and I'd love to play it. Every time I try however, I get to the start screen of the game, with the Sandslash and all. As soon as I hit a button to progress further, the screen goes white and I can't do anything else. I've looked and I can't find any solutions to the issue. Does anyone here know of a fix? Yes, I'm on a 128k save type.

Thunderbert

Thunderbert
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hey man! I've been playing this hack and it is really cool!
Just wanted to say that I found an interesting bug while revisiting areas after obtaining Surf xD
youtube.com / watch?v=Iw-LEyRWvlc (I can't post links yet xD)

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Hey man! I've been playing this hack and it is really cool!
Just wanted to say that I found an interesting bug while revisiting areas after obtaining Surf xD
youtube.com / watch?v=Iw-LEyRWvlc (I can't post links yet xD)

Ha! Good find, I guess.
So many have played so its wierd to find out about a bug this late, so I'm a bit skeptical.
That said, its probably the ol "face down" glitch, which is a careless glitch that can be easily fixed. Of course, I won't fix it as Im completely done with Outlaw but thanks, buddy.

Thanks for playing and Im happy that you like the hack. Check out my other works.

Thunderbert

Thunderbert
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I just finished this one and I must say: It was amazing!
Even though you didn't change much on the map, I really like the way you managed to completely change the game's atmosphere.
I am going to play Pokemon CAWPS and I hope it is as good as this one o/

Years
Ehh... i was looking forward to playing this game... but the damned patcher just wont patch the damn FireRed rom... i am using NUPS but it always says "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled." ... Can you help me in any way? Link me the site from where do i download the FireRed rom or something... i was really happy to finally be able to play when the patcher was just like "Man **** your dreams" ... Plx halp meh! :"(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Looking forward to playing this!!

but yeah, download it, get all excited, have a hissy fit cos it wont patch, then finally realise that it is a fire red hack..... not emerald........

Years
I'll give your game a shot.
It looks cool at least :P

I'll comment again after I've played some and tell peoples what I think of it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Ok, so I'm about to sound like a complete noob here (Which I am) But, um.. How do I get this on my VBA? The last one I had was on FlashDrive from a friend and it got stolen. So I am adding games to this one, but I have no idea how

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Ok, so I have VBA and P:Outlaw downloaded, but when I try to patch it to any Fire Red Rom, it says it failed. The only ones I COULD get to work disappeared when it was successful. The patch I'm using is tsukuyomi ups, but it isn't working

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I remember beating a while back. It was crude but at least it is something different. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Honestly, Outlaw was only so crude because I a new ROM hacker who didn't know how to do much. So I made up for it with a lot of crazy text. And it sorta worked somehow.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 1, 2017
Hello to you Crizzle. First off good hack. I had some laughs here and there, will admit after a while it got a bit less funny. But it didn't make it any worse. Got a question for you though. Did you have any post game related content to Outlaw or was that it? Asking cause if so I didn't find anything. At least I only spent like 5 minutes looking but still.

Like I said good hack and defiantly will be checking out Pokemon CAWPS. Keep up the good work.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Hello to you Crizzle. First off good hack. I had some laughs here and there, will admit after a while it got a bit less funny. But it didn't make it any worse. Got a question for you though. Did you have any post game related content to Outlaw or was that it? Asking cause if so I didn't find anything. At least I only spent like 5 minutes looking but still.

Like I said good hack and defiantly will be checking out Pokemon CAWPS. Keep up the good work.

No, I didn't have any post game stuff.
Thanks for playing and for your interest in my hacks.

Back