• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Over-obsession

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Pokemon "Over-obsession"

OK, I know this is awkward, but do you have such an experience? (It may be different for you...)

1) Your friend tries to draw Pikachu (or another Pokemon), and you feel offended when she doesn't draw as good as you.
    2) On the bus/somewhere-else, you hear two kids talking about Pokemon, and when one of them says Pikachu uses "Electric Thundershock", you just feel like you want to punch that kid.
    3) You hate people who "insult" you by saying that you LIKE Pokemon (and NOT in a nice way), when you just want to be left in peace, or you have a bad mood.
    4) You are overjoyed when a friend also likes Pokemon.

Do you have the same problem? (Tell me if there's a post like this already, or I put it in the wrong place.)

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Um this doesn't really happen to me because I don't really expect much more from people, but also because I am not really into Pokemon as much as I used to be...

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    Number three really gets on my case a lot. I absolutely hate it when I hear people say, "Oh, yeah, she's a pokemon fan" in that nasty tone, the same way people say things like, "Oh, yeah, she's a weird person"

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Numberrrr 2 is a pain in the rear.
    I keep the fact that I like Pokemon to myself, so that's not much of a problem. And I probably would be super, super, super glad if a friend also likes Pokemon.

I don't care about drawing at all, though xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    number 2!!! definitely...it can get a bit annoying when ppl say those kinda things, and u think what such noobs, but u really do not want to be mean though...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Number 4 sometimes! also I hate when they call the types thunder, Leaf and darkness.

Carrots

Happy Holidays!
    Years
    Number 2 bothers me the most. I've seen this happen way to much.
    Off-Topic - I also saw these 2, seven year old kids talking about Runescape...

LugiaFreak

Years
    Yeah...

OK, I know this is awkward, but do you have such an experience? (It may be different for you...)

1) Your friend tries to draw Pikachu (or another Pokemon), and you feel offended when she doesn't draw as good as you.
    2) On the bus/somewhere-else, you hear two kids talking about Pokemon, and when one of them says Pikachu uses "Electric Thundershock", you just feel like you want to punch that kid.
    3) You hate people who "insult" you by saying that you LIKE Pokemon (and NOT in a nice way), when you just want to be left in peace, or you have a bad mood.
    4) You are overjoyed when a friend also likes Pokemon.

1. A little. My friend tried to draw Pikachu once, and it was really out of proportion and jagged, and I admit I was a little annoyed. :\

2. This drives me insane, but I never correct the person... unless I know them. But even then I do it in a funny make-a-joke-out-of-it way. -.-''

3. Yeah. I usually ignore people who say that to me, so it's not really a big deal.

4. Oh yeah! Totally! I figured I wouldn't find anyone in my school who liked Pokemon, and I was overjoyed when I met someone who actually did and knew what they were talking about. -.-''

Last edited:
    Years
    3 applies to me, only because ignorant people in my school can't differentiate the difference between artistic anime like Akira, and a children's anime like pokemon.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    2, 3 and 4 apply to me! Although, 4 is only when my sister started to like Pokemon, none of my friends do...

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
    Off-Topic - I also saw these 2, seven year old kids talking about Runescape...

I used to play Runescape... It was fun for a while.

Moving on...

1. It does annoy me when they fail to draw (insert Pokémon here) correctly, but I usually don't say anything.

2. Really irritates me so most of the time I correct said child. Then they look at me like I'm 19 and shouldn't like Pokémon. Oh wait...

3. When people walk up to me and say that I just stare at them until they feel awkward and walk away. But it doesn't bother me, I take my DS and play Pokémon wherever I go.

4. I had this friend who loved Pokémon as much as I do, but he moved :(, so I've had to convert my friends over to Pokémon which made me happy when they didn't stop :D.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh God. Number 3 was an Epic Fregoneria with me last year. I am afraid if my school resumes in popularity, it could go back due to numbers of my rivals being moved...

Oh waffles...

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Number two happens to me all the time.

There was this time where this guy said "Trade me Chingalanag (Couldn't even pronounce it right) and then the other kid said "My bulbadsaur level 5 could pwn your Palkia".

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I'd say number 4 but that applies to anime as well. I also feel like I obsess over it when it consumes my days not day but days. Playing the game, watching the anime, reading the manga, here at PC, back to the game......sometimes I flip on the tv or go out just to get away from it for awhile

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I can only say yes to two and four. Why? For one, just because a person can't draw well, doesn't make them less of a fan. For two, I would more likely just roll my eyes and correct them. For three, I'd smile. "You like Pokemon?" Smilingly, I'd say, "Yep! Don't you?" and I'd explain how awesome it is, leaving no detail undiscussed. Why give something up you enjoy for the sake of "maturity"? https://www.xkcd.com/150/ For four, I need not explain.

Back