• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
  • So your saying it's not working or they're just big or both.

Both. I've done it before and it just doesn't look good. Like the sprites are taller than the tiles. Their head goes through the roof of a house when entering through a door.

As a side note: These past few days I have worked mainly on music, thanks to the help of Alasteir, and it's actually coming along pretty well. As far as new content goes, nothing new has been done. Music and some text changes have been made. Example, the Pokedex is now called a "Bestiary", and in the intro "Boy" and "Girl" have been replaced with "Mario" and "Luigi". Though I still need the offset for the word "Pokemon" in the start menu, if anyone can help please do so. I'll be doing some touch ups most likely for this week and get started with Goomba Village and all the events that occur with it later this week and into the next few weeks. Expect the Beta by mid to late April. As of right now the Rival name has no use just yet. But it will soon....I'll be keeping the identity of the Rival whom you get to choose the name for a secret.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    RedYoshi:Both. I've done it before and it just doesn't look good. Like the sprites are taller than the tiles. Their head goes through the roof of a house when entering through a door.
    Your so right I been trying to make the Mario sprite smaller for most of the day now and what do I get it alwas hit the roof when trying to go into the house I feel like saying a bad word for wasting my time doing it. ps: I not saying you didn't tell me so just letting it all out.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I think you should use mario music for battle music, and are there going to be new battle cries?

Yea I'm thinking on using the battle music from Paper Mario for wild battles and the music from Mario and Luigi:Super Star Saga for trainer battles. I'm not as sure about the battle cries, seeing how I don't know how to do it >.<. I'm still trying to figure out how to give certain trainers their own battle music. For now they'll just have "Miracle Matter" from Kirby 64 for boss fights.

Your so right I been trying to make the Mario sprite smaller for most of the day now and what do I get it alwas hit the roof when trying to go into the house I feel like saying a bad word for wasting my time doing it. ps: I not saying you didn't tell me so just letting it all out.

Yea I remember when i tried that about a year ago. It just won't work. If you make them short then the sprite will look horrible and if they are too big they'll go through the roof and such.

Side Note: I've decided to release a Pre - Beta after the events that follow in Goomba Village, this means that Beta 1 will be longer. Beta 1 will cover both Chapters 1 and 2.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yea I'm thinking on using the battle music from Paper Mario for wild battles and the music from Mario and Luigi:Super Star Saga for trainer battles. I'm not as sure about the battle cries, seeing how I don't know how to do it >.<. I'm still trying to figure out how to give certain trainers their own battle music. For now they'll just have "Miracle Matter" from Kirby 64 for boss fights.
    O O!!!Do you need a scripter?
    O

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well,i don't like other games to be involved with pokemon,although i like very much paper mario.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

I think one of those would be perfect for a Mario game...
    Give credit to WAH, k?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    I'll give it a shot at scripting if you want a scripter but I can't promis that I could do events. note: I may be able to do events in the future. note 2: I will need you to tell me what you went the poeple in the game to say and do also I might it change alittle with your pamissen of corse.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I'll give it a shot at scripting if you want a scripter but I can't promis that I could do events. note: I may be able to do events in the future. note 2: I will need you to tell me what you went the poeple in the game to say and do also I might it change alittle with your pamissen of corse.

Right now at the moment I don't need much help with scripting, but I might need some with dialogue. That could make make progress a bit faster. I'll PM you when I need some dialogue scripts.

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
    Years
  • I'm gonna be doing some spriting for the game. Once the Spriters Resource works again, I'll start working on some new OW's.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Right now at the moment I don't need much help with scripting, but I might need some with dialogue. That could make make progress a bit faster. I'll PM you when I need some dialogue scripts.
    Dialogue? I can do dialogue, I meant the one thing I can't do long term scripts because I'm really getting into one of my hacks.
    Plus, I recommend that you make a banner, a banner would be nice :).

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I'm gonna be doing some spriting for the game. Once the Spriters Resource works again, I'll start working on some new OW's.
    Sweet.

Dialogue? I can do dialogue, I meant the one thing I can't do long term scripts because I'm really getting into one of my hacks.
    Plus, I recommend that you make a banner, a banner would be nice :).

I probably should make banners.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Did you even see this?
    If they aren't good, I can try make some.

Yea, I saw them. They're pretty good, soz for not replying to that xD. Those trees would fit perfectly. I guess I need to go do a little digging for tiles, but I do need some new ones for places like Koopa Village where the houses are Shells.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back