• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Parallax

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
Years
  • Spoiler:
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Not everything is what it seems.

◈ Pokèmon Parallax ◈
    Welcome to Pokèmon Parallax, a fangame made for the Relic Castle Game Jam #6!
    This game takes place in the world of Pokèmon, where you get to play as Looker, A.K.A 100kr, a renowned and famous officer of Interpol! Venture on your journey in your first mission as an Interpol agent, where you will be taken to the Kimlik Islands, a new and never-seen-before area!

plot.png
    The Kimlik Islands, called the land of a thousand identities and ages, stranded in the middle of the ocean. The region's leauge is blossoming, tourism is booming - but under the surface, a strange and fashionable troupe are threatening to undo all that progress.

Those who come to Team Masque's famous masked balls, held for every occasion from the conductor in white's birthday, to the end of the world as we know it - would call them escapists. Harmless, perhaps, just wanting to recapture a bygone age where the worthy told the rest eat cake.

Those who've watched them take whole cruise ships hostage would sing a different tune. They might well call them hedonists, and the admin with the fiery hair might well agree with you. (Just - ironically.)

And those who heard the leading lady with the golden microphone singing to her audience, about how the world outside's a bit of a sham, how they're all free as birds, about stories of daring-do and divorce played to the grunt's mocking laughter, might call them or her...a cynic.

Still...what's the point of being escapist, if everyone else seems hell bent on ruining your fun?

No-one even knew just how many Team Masque members there were until a short while ago. They have no plan, at least not one the leader's letting on about...and also no restraint.

Far, far away, new Interpol recruit Looker only has one, very simple mission: stop crime. When he's sent to the Kimlik Islands on an inside job, with zero leads and zero idea what he's in for - Looker feels like he's finally in his element. His handler, Nanu, thinks he's gone in too deep.

But infiltrating the Masque should be easy. Put on the mask, put on a little nihilism too, fit in with the crowd, do a little eavesdropping here, a bit of espionage there. Then - be the hero and hopefully escape with your life.
    ...Will his gamble pay off and save Kimlik Island, or has Looker gone in too deep?

masque_load_bg.png

detais.png
    This game was made using RPG Maker XP, and the Pokèmon Essentials v17.2. This game was developed by LuxDiablo, AnonAlpaca, Maks, and ToxicStall. A variety of resources are used in this game, all of which are linked and listed in the "credits.txt" file in the game's download folder.

Notes: If you encounter a bug or would like to suggest an addition to the game, or if you would like to discuss the game and your progress, please join the public Discord server (https://discord.gg/VHWmvaw) that we have set up for the game! Additionally, you're welcome to follow my Twitter, as I post updates on the game's progress there.

features.png
    Heat Rush: Growlithe's new signature move!
    Type: Fire
    Category: Physical
    PP: 15
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 100%
    Heat Rush is pretty much a Fire-type Extreme Speed, but it also provides the ability to burn the target.

Mega Arcanine
    front.png

Type: Fire/Dragon
    Stats: 115 HP/130 Atk/92 Def/105 Speed/120 SpAtk/93 SpDef
    Ability: Intimidate

Mega Mismagius
    front_c.png

Type: Ghost/Fairy
    Stats: 70 HP/80 Atk/80 Def/125 Speed/135 SpAtk/135 SpDef
    Ability: Levitate

Mega Scrafty
    unknown.png

Type: Dark/Fighting
    Stats: 85 HP/115 Atk/135 Def/78 Speed/50 SpAtk/135 SpDef
    Ability: Moxie

Spoiler:

Stealth Missions
    As an Interpol officer, you're gonna have to sneak around a bit to get what you want. To account for this, we're introducing Stealth Missions! They say that trainers must fight when their eyes meet, but what do two thieves do when their eyes meet while sneaking around? Stay away from police officers and criminals, and hide to your best ability to reach your end goal!

Postgame
    Spoiler:

7fe49206d4683342ded5a165048870b7.png

progress.png

Credits
    Spoiler:

Changelog
    v1.0.7.2 - Major bug fixes and passibility changes. Additionally, some lines of NPC dialogue have been added.

V1.0.8 - Item icons have been added, a TM for Thunder Fang has been added, and major bug fixes.

v2.0 - Added Croagunk! Also, flavor text has been added to certain areas, and some minor bugs have been fixed.

v1.1 - The full game is now out! There is about 5 - 6 hours of gameplay total.

v1.2 - Fixes some issues regarding the information within the game. Please update to v1.2 if you haven't already!

v1.3 - Fixes some song issues in regards to copyright claims, and fixes a bug found in the Baz City Ballroom.

v1.4 - Mainly fixes the infamous double follower glitch, but it also scaled some levels down for the sake of having a less grindy game. Also, some passibility and items were fixed, and a big soft lock glitch was fixed in Zafer City and Kurasal Island.

v1.5 - Fixes some passibility issues with the bushes in Downtown Eruni, as well as fixes the softlocks in Zafer City, as well as some of the directionally fixed items around the map.

v1.6 - Adds the Dragon Scale and Tart Apple to the game. It allows fixes minor passibility issues and a soft lock in Zafer City. Additionally, the game overall has been nerfed a bit and there is now a healer in the Zafer City Gym.

v1.6.5 - Fixes another soft lock in Zafer City.

v1.7 - Fixes some bug issues with passibility and such, and also fixes the doors in Zafer City. The Electrizer has also been added, and First Impression has been fixed.

v1.7.5 - Adds a move relearner to Route 303, adds the Garchompite and Lopunnite, adds some custom move animations for EBS, adds fishing encounters to Port Eruni and Cave Bahane, fixes some passibility/priority issues with Eruni City, and fixes the soft lock on Kurasal Island.

v1.8 - This is hopefully the last update I'll have to make. This fixes some soft lock issues, as well as the double follower glitch, as well as other minor bugs and passibility issues.

v2.1 - Fixes the double follower glitch in Zafer City, prevents the player from being able to walk all over things in the Zafer City Gym, and fixes up some stuff in the following script that messed with other events.

para.png

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    Latest Update: August 21st, 2:37 PM CST

Last edited:

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • EDIT: We've updated the game to v2.0! This update fixes some bugs, and it also adds some flavor text in certain areas. Additionally, a certain poisonous frog will now join your team on the S.S. Kismet.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    the trade in Baz City doesnt work, I cant get the fisherman's horsea.

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Bump: The game has been updated to v1.2! This fixes a decent amount of the passibility issues and bugs within the game, and also edits some important information in the game. Please update if you haven't already.

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
    Years
  • Found a bug, might be known, I'm not sure... I lost to somebody in Eruni city, and now I've got two pokemon following me instead of the one. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but I had no idea that could even happen. Nothing seems to make it go away. Changing maps, healing my team, switching pokemon. Not even restarting the game. It's weird.
    EDIT;
    Specifically that first town part, not the city proper.

Last edited:

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Found a bug, might be known, I'm not sure... I lost to somebody in Eruni city, and now I've got two pokemon following me instead of the one. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but I had no idea that could even happen. Nothing seems to make it go away. Changing maps, healing my team, switching pokemon. Not even restarting the game. It's weird.
    EDIT;
    Specifically that first town part, not the city proper.

Hi! Do you know where you were sent after you died? If you can tell me that, I can fix the bug right away! Thanks for playing btw : )

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
    Years
  • Hi! Do you know where you were sent after you died? If you can tell me that, I can fix the bug right away! Thanks for playing btw : )

It was the 'Onigawara Family' house, with the old lady that heals you. I'd lost to the uh... masked trainer just up a few steps north of that house on the road northwards. But it's not breaking anything, at least nothing that I've seen - apart from having two of the same 'mon following me, everything seems to work fine. Just a bit weird to have two growlithes or Croagunks following me, heh.
    And ye~! I'm having fun - that premise/summary in the main post really hooked me~

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey, great job on the game so far. But is it actually completed or not? The tag says it is but your post says it is still in demo phase and the full release is expected very soon. Let me know cause I'm excited to dive in!

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Hey, great job on the game so far. But is it actually completed or not? The tag says it is but your post says it is still in demo phase and the full release is expected very soon. Let me know cause I'm excited to dive in!

Ah, that's an error on my part. Yes! The game is fully complete, I just made this thread when it was in its demo stage and forgot to update. My bad!

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • It was the 'Onigawara Family' house, with the old lady that heals you. I'd lost to the uh... masked trainer just up a few steps north of that house on the road northwards. But it's not breaking anything, at least nothing that I've seen - apart from having two of the same 'mon following me, everything seems to work fine. Just a bit weird to have two growlithes or Croagunks following me, heh.
    And ye~! I'm having fun - that premise/summary in the main post really hooked me~

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Unfortunately, if you've saved, then the two follower Pokemon will stay, but I've patched the bug for future users!

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    hello, i just've downloaded your game and so far i am entertained. kudos for you! I have a little bit issue though, i got to the zafer city gym's quest but it seems like there's some kind of bug there where i can't reach the gym leader and when i used the stairs, the avatar just stopped walking and i can't control it anymore. Could you maybe take a look at it? Thank you so much for making this game and i look forward to more developments made into this game!

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Bump: v1.4 is now out! This mainly fixes the infamous double follower glitch, but it also scaled some levels down for the sake of having a less grindy game. Also, some passibility and items were fixed, and a big soft lock glitch was fixed in Zafer City and Kurasal Island.

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Bump: v1.5 is out now! This fixes some passibility issues with the bushes in Downtown Eruni, as well as fixes the softlocks in Zafer City, as well as some of the directionally fixed items around the map.

Back