• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Park in Nagoya

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    @_@ A real Pokemon Park, eh? ^_^ That seems like a nice idea for Japan. Too bad other countries can't make a park based on an anime...

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    ok wow........its like the disneyland of japan, i am super jealous, it looks like a laugh, imagine how rare some of the gear there must be, this proves that pokemon will live on forever

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Wow!
    I so wish the US had a "PokeLand" so to speak...

What do you think will be in Japan's PokeLand? (i.e. rides, shows, etc.)

I think that in addition to Pokemon themed rides and shows, there'd be costume Pokemon and places to meet Ash and the gang...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Porygon said:
    Man? I wish I knew Japanese so I could go there?

Well, you don't have to speak Japanese to go there. =/ But it would be more helpful in some ways. If you ever wanted to buy something you could just point at that object and buy it.

If anyone of you are planning to go, please tell me dates and times. Thanks!

Kine

Whatev
    Years
    I've heard news on it beofre and was pretty excited about it. It's really quite awesome, except for the fact that I'm pretty sure the more popular types will get all the rides (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, etc.) leaving lesser known types (Tangela, Qwilfish, etc.) to be forgotten...um...moreso.

A park like this would never work out in the US. A lot of money might be made at first, but generally the US is pretty cynical about Pokemon and I would think that it probably wouldn't last very long. After all, why do you suppose there's only one Pokemon Center in the 'States?

Besides, parents would much rather hang out with Bugs Bunny and/or Mickey Mouse than Pikachu. 9_9 (As if it's any different in the long run =D.)

Missie Moonshadow

Beginner Pok?mon Groomer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Wo that looks awsome. Of course I cant read Japanese so I dont know what the site is talking about. But yea it would be really cool if they had a ride for every kind of pokemon. :P

But I agree that it would never work in the US. Not only would people pefer Disney World still but then you would have those religious people outside the gates chanting that Pokemon are evil. xD -gets shot-

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    To be perfectly honest, it would never work anywhere outside of Japan, since there is a much denser degree of the population who like Pokemon compared to America, Europe and Australia, where the fanbase is of a minority of the gaming population.

I still think it's very cool, and I would like to go to it if I ever went to Japan. But... too bad that I'm not XD

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
    It would be my favorite ammusement park if it came to the U.S. :P

But like Mr Cat Dog said, you have to think realistically. They won't build one outside Japan because not as many people like it outside of Japan. If Pokemon was almost all over the world as one of the biggest animes out there, then they might consider it. But if they were to make it with how the market it now, it would be torn down within a week. :P

But still, it's always nice to dream. ;)

Years
    i ride based on charizard. more like a volcono. you get on the charizard cart thing and you go throuth loops and everything.it will go fast to and surpises at every coner. (yes i have gave the pkmn park idea some thougth before this post)

sigh....if only it could work here. blast you stupid americans who can't love anything tha doesn't invole gore, blood, and sex fore more then a year or two

Years
    I would had loved to see a Pokemon amusement park in UK, but I only think it would be possible in Japan.
    I wonder what the restaurants in the Pokemon amusement park would serve of menus?

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    i now see that this pokemon park is like the disneyland of japan XD

also looks like thev rides fromm wishmaker are being used

do we have a name for the place?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Kine said:
    I've heard news on it beofre and was pretty excited about it. It's really quite awesome, except for the fact that I'm pretty sure the more popular types will get all the rides (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, etc.) leaving lesser known types (Tangela, Qwilfish, etc.) to be forgotten...um...moreso.

A park like this would never work out in the US. A lot of money might be made at first, but generally the US is pretty cynical about Pokemon and I would think that it probably wouldn't last very long. After all, why do you suppose there's only one Pokemon Center in the 'States?
    Urgghhhhh...
    neither Japan or US would b getting jynx or gengar in parks...
    pathetic...
    *cries*

Let's hope that there's Gardevoir or Lapras...

Whitey

Normal-type trainer
    Years
    jynx said:
    Urgghhhhh...
    neither Japan or US would b getting jynx or gengar in parks...
    pathetic...
    *cries*

Let's hope that there's Gardevoir or Lapras...

yes, but they have a toy for every pokemon! I saw this before in beckett magazine in 1999, but it was much smaller and amateurish. there was a pokemon snap ride with wierd little monsters popping up...now it's much more cool.

Back