• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
  • Alright I've been searching for a while now is there no carnivine on the 5 floor? I was sure there would be one. Can carnivine be found on any of the floors? I thought he must be since the teacher has one.

Good eye, Carnivine is saved to be a pokemon of the wild zone
    Im making the wild zone an area full of pokemon and the area will be a free roam zone

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Talking to the fisherman in the first field crashed my game I think it had something to do with him saying he had new and improved water types despite the fact this playthrough I hadn't fought him yet

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    While most headbutt attempts on those trees did nothing it seem one was finally going to get a pokemon to show up but it crashed the game instead.

Years
    • Seen today
    I am enjoying this game so far and look forward to seeing how it develops! It's a wonderful concept. I did encounter a bug that required me to restart the game, though. I was fighting a yanma and when it used double team, the game went into a never ending cycle errors. I don't know why it happened. Maybe the animation or attack itself couldn't load, but that's just speculation on my part. I don't know if this only happens with yanmas or if it's going to happen when any pokemon uses double team, but if it's the latter, that's a big problem. I figured I should let you know right away. I'm sorry if this has been reported already.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • I am enjoying this game so far and look forward to seeing how it develops! It's a wonderful concept. I did encounter a bug that required me to restart the game, though. I was fighting a yanma and when it used double team, the game went into a never ending cycle errors. I don't know why it happened. Maybe the animation or attack itself couldn't load, but that's just speculation on my part. I don't know if this only happens with yanmas or if it's going to happen when any pokemon uses double team, but if it's the latter, that's a big problem. I figured I should let you know right away. I'm sorry if this has been reported already.

hmm that is a problem indeed. Mind telling me what version of the game you're on? And I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, even with the bugs!

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • While most headbutt attempts on those trees did nothing it seem one was finally going to get a pokemon to show up but it crashed the game instead.

Interesting, I didn't set up any headbutt encounters, so using headbutt on a tree shouldnt do anything. Maybe its because I didnt set up the encounters, but I'll get to the bottom of it. Along with the
    fisherman dude

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • I am on alpha version 1.4. I used the mediafire download.

I see, I just used double team and I encountered no problems. I'll see if its a yanma only thing. In the mean time, try to use double team and see if you get the same problem. If so, I'll need you to give me the crash report so I can examine it myself.

Years
    • Seen today
    I used double team and no error occured. Maybe it only happens if the enemy uses it. (edit) Okay, so I used double team later on and got the error.
    Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • I used double team and no error occured. Maybe it only happens if the enemy uses it. (edit) Okay, so I used double team later on and got the error.

I see, Thank you for reporting the problem. For now, avoid double team until I find a suitable fix for this error.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • I used double team and no error occurred. Maybe it only happens if the enemy uses it. (edit) Okay, so I used double team later on and got the error.

Try restarting the game and playing from the very beginning and let me know if double team is still a problem for you. I still have yet to encounter this problem, and even the creator of essentials is currently helping
    me get to the bottom of your error.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Quick warning to those who graduated from class D, don't play the following days or else you'll get expelled. For some reason despite not having a class to attend, the player still gets assigned detention that they cannot attend without going to a class they cannot attend, ultimately leading to expulsion.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Quick warning to those who graduated from class D, don't play the following days or else you'll get expelled. For some reason despite not having a class to attend, the player still gets assigned detention that they cannot attend without going to a class they cannot attend, ultimately leading to expulsion.

Fixed Already in the latest patch, update your game

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    On 1.4.2 I think the partner up error returned.

Attachments

• Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)
      error1.JPG
      74.4 KB · Views: 14
    Years
  • I see, if you're looking to get your Energy below 30, I suggest going to the battle club at night. If you'd like to raise your energy you can buy poke pasta at the cafeteria. We're working on new ways to drain and boost energy!

Might I suggest an idea? Perhaps an EV training building that is open to students with energy above 35? That way we can use energy, while one of our Pokemon gets a chance at a raised EV stat?

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • On 1.4.2 I think the partner up error returned.

Interesting, I'm looking at your crash log, and it appears to be from an older version. I did update the 1.4.2 twice, so you may have gotten the older one. Might I suggest downloading this current 1.4.2 version and seeing if the partner system is fixed. If you get the same crash report, show me, and chances are, you may just have to start a new game(Usually forces updates upon a new version of the game.) If it still fails, then I'll release 1.4.3 which will contain the fix. Sorry about that, and thanks for posting your issue!

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Might I suggest an idea? Perhaps an EV training building that is open to students with energy above 35? That way we can use energy, while one of our Pokemon gets a chance at a raised EV stat?

Sounds like a pretty cool Idea. I've been wanting to add a feature that involves EV's and IV's, so I'll be dabbling in it. Awesome suggestion!

Years
  • Thank you!! I tend to have many ideas but I am not good at making games haha. I am more of an idea planner rather than a creator xD If you ever need input on ideas, or just need some, my messages are always open? I love giving ideas to some people. By the way, the game is running GREAT!!!!

Back