• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    The game looks awesome so far, really enjoyed playing it, but I don't see myself playing any "release" version. The planned "save points" are an archaic system that wasn't used for "challenge" but because gaming platforms of the past had no way to create proper save games. It's appalling that a very loud minority of gamers still see fake difficulty/artificial gameplay lengthening mechanics like "save points" as a good thing.

Ziggie

Casual Pokemon Fan
    Days
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    So... How does the card table work? I don't understand it at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I am having this error after after starting this game any solutions
    Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Attachments

• Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)
      Screenshot_2023-10-21-15-09-55-24_6f222323860cb8b3cbff0909a5afd514.jpg
      181.4 KB · Views: 123

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
    Years
  • I've discovered an odd issue: I just started a new game, and chose Lygn as my mentor. When meeting with him in the library, I chose to battle with Akiza, and I lost. Now, Akiza shows up in every wild Pokemon battle, even though she is not following me. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Today I found her in the overworld and battled her, and she doesn't follow me anymore

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    I have a question/recommendation!

do you have any other Class rolls in the works? i really like the idea in theory (im not far enough in the game to encounter any of them but i read the guide page) but i really like Fairy and Poison types, but the only Poison type guy is the ninja role and i dont want to be a bad guy :(

i came up with the idea of a trickster class, using Fairy and Poison type (idk what a third type would be but prolly psychic or dark?) cause both of them have tricky elements (hidden poisons) (the fey trolling people) and i think it would be a fun neutral class, i know beast tamer already uses charm intelligence and skill but i feel like those stats also works for a trickster, maybe with skill being the highest instead of charm tho

sorry for asking for stuff without giving you anything lol, thanks for reading

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    It is an amazing game. I am just a little bit confused. I understand that those pokemon that you caught from school will have "rental" as their OT, but why the poipole I win from game corner still have "rental" as its OT?

Days
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    is there a list of all the characters you can get into a relationship with? or is it just all the characters in the "Affinity Guide" document?

Days
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Honestly, I have been playing the game for the bit and I love it so far, I just got to b-class, and I have a pretty good team so far. Anyhow, I just wanted to ask if I found a bug or not. I was in the ancient ruins field place, and I saw and caught Stonjourner. It said that he was guarding a gem, but when I look behind where he was, there was nothing there. I just wanted to ask if an error occurred or if maybe the gen is with Stonjourner back in my box? Other than that, I give this game a 10/10 and you have my full support behind it!

Edit: While I am here, does anyone know what I use the relic crown for? I know in other games you sell it to a maniac, but I don't know if he exists here. Should I just sell it?
    -Shadow

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    So I just downloaded the game and I'm running into a issue trying to open it, it says "Script 'SaveData' line 28: TypeError occurred incompatible marshal file format (can't be read) format version 4.8 required; 0.0 given"
    This is weird because before I went to bed last night I was able to play about an hour of the game

Days
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Ok, so I caught a meltan a while back, but its at level 43 and it still hasn't evolved. I checked the internet and it said I need 400 meltan candies, but I have a feeling that isn't in this game. So is it even possible to evolve meltan?

Days
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Help! New player here.
    While I was figuring out the functions of the Pokenav I tried the jukebox and I can't find a way to deactivate it. Now I'm stuck with a single music wherever I am, indipendently from the room or the savestate I'm in. It even replaced the opening music. I dread having to play the game with only one ost, please help.

Days
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023

Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

OVERVIEW

____________________________________________________________________________________​

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,
    catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.
    Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical
    Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently
    being worked on by a whole community, however, it started with just two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.
    We hope you all enjoy playing it.
    Without further delay!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

~ Player's Choice
    - A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
    What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.
    Spoiler:

~ Character Stats
    - Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
    are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
    you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
    Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
    Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
    Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

Spoiler:

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
    You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
    Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.
    Spoiler:

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
    The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.
    Spoiler:

~ Academy Perks - Winning Club activities will grant you different perks that are permanent!
    There are 13 in total but you can only have two so choose wisely!
    Spoiler:

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These NPC's will give you a variety of things.
    Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.
    Spoiler:

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
    Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.
    Spoiler:

~ Save Points - You are only able to save the game when you sleep to start a new day or visit poke centers. No more saving wherever and whenever! (Temporarily disabled for Easier Beta Test Bug Reporting)
    This feature is to force you to think about your choices because there is no going back and redoing, unless you're willing to forfeit a days worth of progress.
    Spoiler:

~ Multiple Save Files - You are able to have up to 8 different savefiles!
    This gives you the option to see and experience the many different choices and outcomes available in Pokemon Pathways without having to lose your main progress!
    Spoiler:

Here's a video made by me, explaining why I made pathways!

Shout to all the people who went out of their way to make videos showcasing the game!

GAME DOWNLOAD

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for everyone who has downloaded the game and tested the alpha up to this point, and also to everyone who will download from this point on.
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with this latest release, but of course if there is feel free to comment about it here and we'll get to it ASAP.
    Again, Thank You for Playing!

Pokemon Pathways Alpha 7.5.2 Google drive Download

NOTE! If you're updating the game and not wanting to start a new game, make sure you save in the pokemon center!
    By doing this, you will prevent mixing compiled data from older versions to your new game!

GUIDES

I strongly recommend you play the game blind, however, if you'd like a bit more information to help your run, here is the master guide made by Shinu_Guardian, Yukine13, Arcturus, and the community.
    Spoiler:

_____________________________________​
    CHANGELOG
    Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS
    Spoiler:

SUPPORT
    Spoiler:

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

My game said skip class and got expelled but it was Sunday and Saturday I just rankup to c

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Help! New player here.
    While I was figuring out the functions of the Pokenav I tried the jukebox and I can't find a way to deactivate it. Now I'm stuck with a single music wherever I am, indipendently from the room or the savestate I'm in. It even replaced the opening music. I dread having to play the game with only one ost, please help.

Jukebox >> Custom >> Default that should fix it

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Ok, so I caught a meltan a while back, but its at level 43 and it still hasn't evolved. I checked the internet and it said I need 400 meltan candies, but I have a feeling that isn't in this game. So is it even possible to evolve meltan?

Meltan can't evolve into melmetal but he can still be obtain later in the game

MaDmAN12435

Poison Enthusiast
    Days
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    So I've found what I think is a glitch involving the time system. I took Lygn as my mentor. When I tried playing the game before, I got a request from him to go to the library and look for a book, and after that event, I got a free shiny Gastly. This time, however, I did something that advanced time before going to the event and then took the approach that led to the double battle involving Lygn, Elisa, and Akiza. Afterward, I got unceremoniously kicked out of the library, as it was now the middle of the night in-game. No cutscene, no nothing. I didn't even get to read the book of worlds or whatever it's called, which is what he had me do last time. I don't even have the book in my inventory. This event being cut short also meant I didn't get the shiny Gastly.

It's not a huge deal per se, even if I have to restart since I saved like an idiot, and that file got a random shiny budew, but I thought I should let you know. On the first or second day of class, whichever it is, do not pass time outside of going to class before the library event, otherwise, you lose out on the free shiny. I don't know if other mentors have similar events that could be affected by similar glitches.

Days
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    hey, are there any items that lower EVs cause if you wanna EV train those are a requierment, haven't found any of them being named in the guide

Back