• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Vegavoyd

Mawile Lover
Years
If you could give a percentage of how much the game is completed what would it be ? I'm wondering cause of the Alpha tag.

Days
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Hey here's a really great idea for you all for your next update.

Blueberry fieldtrip (battle academy exchange program), Drayton gets wrecked by Born. Do it I beg.

Days
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
I'm just not sure what to do. I think I have a glitch I can't get out of, or there's another reason for the crash. First, when I tried to mine a rock, it black screened on me. When I did a battle at the battle club, the pokemon of the person I was battling didn't show. Now my energy is at 5 and the evening didn't turn to night. I don't want to go into the next day because I want to do the 'haunted shrine' quest. I tried to eat something to replenish my energy and the game turned to night, but crashed soon after.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
1/29/2024 | Alpha 8.5.3 | Bug Fixing Patch
- Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu have their own custom Z-Moves for balance purposes. Veevee Volley and Pika Papow are the trigger moves for Eevium Z and Pikanium Z respectively.
- Aran now has a fully working character and partner system. She is officially done.
- Eros's battles now scale in quality. He is still one of the five unfinished characters, however.
- The font size of Pokémon names in battle was reduced for longer names to fit in the interface.
- The Call option in battle was replaced with Check, which is essentially a shortcut to the old
interface you could access by pressing Z/Shift in the battle menu.
- The menu, the Pokémon selection and the Check interface were rehauled to be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Grammar oversights were corrected as usual.
- Fixed the brown rock crash of Fight Cave.
- Fixed Lygn clones on Campus.
- Fixed a number of moves' having wrong amounts of Power Points.
- Fixed bugs pertaining to Partner Eevee.
- Fixed a number of custom moves' not having a Z-Move effect.
- Fixed a few issues pertaining to Pokémon graphics.
----------------------------------------------

1/24/2024 | Alpha 8.5.2 | System Polish Update
- A variety of bugs were fixed, including:
- Fixed Frostbody crashing the game.
- Fixed snow causing the enemies to skip their turn.
- Fixed an issue with Petrel clones.
- Fixed an issue with looping D-rank class on Day 4.
- Fixed an issue with Eiscue being invincible under snow.
- Every affinity character has a working phone now. Six characters are still prototypes, however.
- Cassandra and Hyun are fully working now.
- All affinity characters now have a room. Missed phone numbers, can be gotten there. To enter, 25 affinity is required.
- For those of you with old saves from 7.3 and earlier, you are no longer stuck with buggy phone numbers. They will be purged once you talk to the Reverse Candy seller.
- Affinity character move tutoring was revamped.
- TM06, HM06, TR04 and TR16 were changed to avoid redundancy.
- Level caps were implemented to the game. They correspond to the level of the strongest trainer you have to face in that section of the game.
- Miss Aye now forbids the use of healing items for A-rank graduation.
- Some affinity characters had changes to their 1v1 and 3v3 battles. Mainly Aran and Cassandra.
- Hospitality was ~~coded~~ fixed.
- Nature Mints work even if your Pokémon has the nature of the Mint.
- The encounters on Boulder Province, Rain Forest and Iron Grove were slightly adjusted.
- Roles were rebalanced, mostly Gambler. The Role Boost was made to affect Pokémon of that type instead of moves.
- Mega-Abomasnow has a new ability: Frozen Tundra. See specifics in Game Changes.
- Mega-Aggron's ability was reverted to Filter.
- Wailord's stat buff was toned down.
- Pyroar has a new hidden ability Noble Hunt. Game changes too.
- The Gen 9 nerf on Protean was applied.
- The Gen 9 PP nerf on healing moves like Recover was applied.
- You can now press Ctrl + Z/Shift while in your bag to sort the items alphabetically.

Days
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I still want
1/29/2024 | Alpha 8.5.3 | Bug Fixing Patch
- Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu have their own custom Z-Moves for balance purposes. Veevee Volley and Pika Papow are the trigger moves for Eevium Z and Pikanium Z respectively.
- Aran now has a fully working character and partner system. She is officially done.
- Eros's battles now scale in quality. He is still one of the five unfinished characters, however.
- The font size of Pokémon names in battle was reduced for longer names to fit in the interface.
- The Call option in battle was replaced with Check, which is essentially a shortcut to the old
interface you could access by pressing Z/Shift in the battle menu.
- The menu, the Pokémon selection and the Check interface were rehauled to be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Grammar oversights were corrected as usual.
- Fixed the brown rock crash of Fight Cave.
- Fixed Lygn clones on Campus.
- Fixed a number of moves' having wrong amounts of Power Points.
- Fixed bugs pertaining to Partner Eevee.
- Fixed a number of custom moves' not having a Z-Move effect.
- Fixed a few issues pertaining to Pokémon graphics.

1/24/2024 | Alpha 8.5.2 | System Polish Update
- A variety of bugs were fixed, including:
- Fixed Frostbody crashing the game.
- Fixed snow causing the enemies to skip their turn.
- Fixed an issue with Petrel clones.
- Fixed an issue with looping D-rank class on Day 4.
- Fixed an issue with Eiscue being invincible under snow.
- Every affinity character has a working phone now. Six characters are still prototypes, however.
- Cassandra and Hyun are fully working now.
- All affinity characters now have a room. Missed phone numbers, can be gotten there. To enter, 25 affinity is required.
- For those of you with old saves from 7.3 and earlier, you are no longer stuck with buggy phone numbers. They will be purged once you talk to the Reverse Candy seller.
- Affinity character move tutoring was revamped.
- TM06, HM06, TR04 and TR16 were changed to avoid redundancy.
- Level caps were implemented to the game. They correspond to the level of the strongest trainer you have to face in that section of the game.
- Miss Aye now forbids the use of healing items for A-rank graduation.
- Some affinity characters had changes to their 1v1 and 3v3 battles. Mainly Aran and Cassandra.
- Hospitality was ~~coded~~ fixed.
- Nature Mints work even if your Pokémon has the nature of the Mint.
- The encounters on Boulder Province, Rain Forest and Iron Grove were slightly adjusted.
- Roles were rebalanced, mostly Gambler. The Role Boost was made to affect Pokémon of that type instead of moves.
- Mega-Abomasnow has a new ability: Frozen Tundra. See specifics in Game Changes.
- Mega-Aggron's ability was reverted to Filter.
- Wailord's stat buff was toned down.
- Pyroar has a new hidden ability Noble Hunt. Game changes too.
- The Gen 9 nerf on Protean was applied.
- The Gen 9 PP nerf on healing moves like Recover was applied.
- You can now press Ctrl + Z/Shift while in your bag to sort the items alphabetically.
Sure, that's cool and all, but I still want to see Blueberry Academy's E4 arrive for a field trip and Drayton gets absolutely DESTROYED by Born, and Born mocks him as ex-champion like what he did to Kieran. This should be a thing. I just want to see what funny events could happen with this.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Question for those who have been successfully playing: How long does your unpacking process take on the PC?

Mine has been at it for a few hours and seems to be going through files, but it's at 85% after almost four hours. Is it just the graphics that takes this long?
Edit: Fifteen hours, twenty minutes in and it's at 91%. It is graphics and it takes forever. Just know that it may take this long and you need to set aside the time to just unpack it. I am on SSD, Windows 10, with an i7 Processor if any of that makes any progress. Still doing just the graphics.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Question for those who have been successfully playing: How long does your unpacking process take on the PC?

Mine has been at it for a few hours and seems to be going through files, but it's at 85% after almost four hours. Is it just the graphics that takes this long?
Edit: Fifteen hours, twenty minutes in and it's at 91%. It is graphics and it takes forever. Just know that it may take this long and you need to set aside the time to just unpack it. I am on SSD, Windows 10, with an i7 Processor if any of that makes any progress. Still doing just the graphics.
Mine keeps saying unpacking failed at 70% :(

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Mine keeps saying unpacking failed at 70% :(
21 hours, 50 minutes. 97%.
Still not done here, will continue unpacking and see what happens at this rate.
EDIT: 22 hours in "The Parameter is incorrect" and stops the thing completely.

UPDATE: I have found that if you open up the thing and start moving folders (including subfolders) one or two at a time, and some files wholesale, it works quickly compared to our horrible hours and hours of issues we suffered. Now that I have it working I am willing to share what I know in as detailed as a response as I can give step-by-step.

01. Open the Zip File and open where you want the game folder to be. Yes, make your own and name it what you want.
02. Enter the folder you see in the zip and you should notice seven folders and a whole lot of loose files. Move the loose files first and those go by quickly.
03. Once you moved those files I would suggest moving the folders "Ruby Library 3.0.0", "Plugins", "PBS", "Fonts", and "Data" one folder at a time. Worked relatively quickly. If it takes long for you to do all those at once, move the sub files into newly created folders of the exact same name.
04. For Audio and Graphics I had to create folders with those exact names, then extract their subfolders one at a time into the newly created folder.
04a. For the subfolders in Graphics "Characters", "Pokemon", and "Items" I had to create new folders on my hard drive (Named "Characters" "Pokemon" and "Items" respectively), go into each of those folders in the zip, and copy all the files from those subfolders into the newly created folders in the drive to make it fly by all at once. You can chop this process up into pieces (Half of Pokemon in one move, half in another) to make it even quicker.
04b. For Audio I think I just pulled each subfolder one at a time (BGM, SE, and ME) and it worked fine. If you get a hiccup on a really, really long unzip time then do the same thing you did in step 04a.

Do tell me if this helps you.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen yesterday
Honestly, the game is amazing and phenomenal up until you get into a max den and dynamax adventure. Max dens are somewhat forgivable, but battles like sneasler is BS by the time you're able to get to there. 5 shields PLUS max guard spam makes it impossible to win, unless you're really lucky. Then there's the adventure mode. Even more BS because you can't choose your pokemon, and you're forced to lose because of bad type matchups. Damn near impossible to win if you're a casual non-competitive player. ESPECIALLY long mode. I want to catch pokemon, not rage over losing 7 times in a row. I want balance changes!!! At least add a casual mode to make it somewhat easier. But still, a great game if you ignore max dens and dynamax adventure. 9.5/10, without those two features.

Days
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
I don't know wether it's a bug or not but although i've reached 50 affinity with Dreadna,she didn't hive me a pokemon egg.Is it a bug or it's just because she's unfinished?

Days
  • Seen yesterday
I don't know wether it's a bug or not but although i've reached 50 affinity with Dreadna,she didn't hive me a pokemon egg.Is it a bug or it's just because she's unfinished?
She gives you an egg I think. The master guide says so, but she's clearly unfinished because she doesn't have teachable moves. So it's probably a bug on your end. You'll just have to give up on the egg till they update it again.

Days
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Then there's the adventure mode. Even more BS because you can't choose your pokemon, and you're forced to lose because of bad type matchups. Damn near impossible to win if you're a casual non-competitive player. ESPECIALLY long mode.
I hope I was missing something with this but if not there's also the distinct possibility of actually being softlocked while doing an adventure mode. Because I had to deal with something like that when I realized the portal to get to next area was completely impossible to go through due to the arrow tiles blocking it.

Edit: Nope nevermind I did miss something and it was mostly big human error on my part.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Hey I've been playing the game for a short time and got a charcadet from team rocket I was wondering how I can evolve him since I haven't been able to find the armor to evolve him

Days
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
When I download the game it says rar file and it's not zipped I really wanna play the game but can't figure out what's going on

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hi! I'm pretty new to the game and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get one of the ace starters like ace-Greninja or Cinderace? Thx in advance to anyone who replies

Back