• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    What I want is a more G/S/C feel. I don't know, that set of games were my favorite. They should make it more like those. Also, I want to have the option of being a trainer and going for badges or a trainer who wants to participate in the pokemon contests.

Okay, so is this Rukario supposed to be a legendary? Cause if he is... it's like a cross between a fox and a person. It looks half water and half dark for some weird reason. What are D/P legendaries going to be? Hybrids?

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Hmmm... It would be cool to:
    1. Customize your character
    2. Make pokemon look different to each one (like Spindas), for example, on one Tropius there are growing apples and it's small, and on other there are bananas and it's a big Tropius
    3. Choose to be Trainer, Coordinator or Breeder
    4. Pokemon follow you
    5. Have more than 6 pokemon
    6. More Pokemon boxes!!!
    7. Longer game, sidequests and you can control freely Pokemon in a battle (example: you can make Bulbasaur go right, left, forward, etc...

Ah, i wish they leave the 2d graphics, but make them higher quality.

Last edited:

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
    1. I would wish that you could custommize ur charcter.
    2. More new baby pokemon like a baby of mudkip and all the other starters.
    3. A bunch of new regions or islands and the old ones like the hoenn, kanto, orange islands, Johto.
    4. maybe there could be pre-pre-evolutions

Fantasy

Princess of Tennis
    Years
    1. You can choose your character's sprite and title (like COOLTRAINER or ATHLETE)
    2. Wallace appears...at least once...
    3. A LOT of new PKMN
    4. More than 1 region
    5. A longer storyline

PokemonPichu

A pichu messing with glitches
    Years
    I want:

Much more Pokemon, like 500 speices.

A bunch of badges, like 128 badges, and after that, you will be the champion of the Pokemon world!!!

Harder trainers.

Many regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sevii Islands, etc.

Missingno. (either as a glitch or real pokemon, just add it!)

3D No 3D, that would hurt the fun of 2D Pokemon games.

Pokemon Red/Blue pokegods that were never real (like Mewthree) to be real.

You start in Jotho as the main character from Pokemon G/S/C.

You can choose which color your clothes are.

Triple Battles and Quadple Battles!

At the beginning of a battle, you choose single battle, double battle, triple battle, or quadple battle.

Oriagal Gameboy Advance music (if you go in Kanto, there will be the same music from Leaf Green and Fire Red, etc.)

One or two Pokemon can be let out of thier pokeballs to follow you like in Pokemon Yellow.

You get six starter Pokemon from Elm, and they are: Umbreon, Espson, Pikachu, Raichu, Mew, and one of the Pokemon G/S/C starters.

A really long story.

Day/Night and seasons

(I reposted my ideas to add more.)

Last edited:

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    hmm...i want mutiple regions..more options and features for secret bases, and a rep/fame system would be kool. And A new story, the whole be a pokemon master thing is getting old.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Everything that has been said, but also:

-allowing you to have a party (not just Pok?mon, but other trainers to tag along as well.)

-people that are actually people. Trainers don't just sit in one spot all day waiting to battle you, then just stay there for the rest of the game. They should go out and wander around like you do, if you run into them again, you could have a rematch. People who know how to actually carry a conversation, and not just say the same thing over and over again. In short: people with their own lives to live.

-rematches with Gym Leaders and other important Trainers. You trained up one team against the Leaders, shouldn't the rest of your Pok?mon be allowed to fight them too?

-if you don't want to do Pok?mon stuff (train, battle, whatever) sometime, there should be alternatives. Go to a fair or the beach or something. (Yes, I am a hardcore RPer)

-If you want to take your Pok?mon out of their Pok?balls to walk around a bit, you should be able to. It'd be fun seeing them run around.

-different attck animation style. Instead of having the opponents up there and your Pok?mon down here and then just throwing attacks at one another, let's see them actually interact. If you use Body Slam, let's actually see your Pok?mon ram into your foe head-on. If you Burned your enemy, let's see some scorch marks.

That's just some stuff I think would be cool.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Iron Mankey said:
    -different attck animation style. Instead of having the opponents up there and your Pok?mon down here and then just throwing attacks at one another, let's see them actually interact. If you use Body Slam, let's actually see your Pok?mon ram into your foe head-on. If you Burned your enemy, let's see some scorch marks.
    Yeah I absolutely agree with you it would be so cool and the pokemon should also move not just go up and down and shake a bit I wanna see some action :D.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2005
    i'd love to have a different battle style! in the game they make it out to be boring where BOOM i hit you, BOOM you hit me, BOOM your dead... they should make it all kung-fuey! if your pokemon has a higher speed than the other one than you should like attack twice in a row or something. and another thing that really fries my bacon is when your pokemon misses your enemy when the enemy's pokemon is just sitting there!!! they should at least make it move! every time that happens i just yell, "how can you miss hes sitting right flippin in front of you!! he's a big blue whale! how can you miss??"
    better sprites would also be awesome. in rusa, there were some pokemon who i wouldnt train just because their sprites looked crappy.. i want moving sprites to come back and for them to be all cool and fierce lookin! and i want the stupid sprites to show if you put a pretty little pink scarf on your pokemon to increase it's cuteness, or if i put sunglasses on it. well that's all i want. and i totally agree with iron mankey on the rest :D

totomasta

umm i got nuthin
    Years
    leave the old what is it like 360 behind and start fresh with an all new 150. that would rock so hard....oh wait just remembered that cant happen because they already have pre-evo's and evo's so just ignore this lol.

Archdoom

-=<[{Overlord of DOOM}]>=-
    Years
    Yeah I agree with super dude,
    Maybe they should put in a stat like attk def etc that defines how easy the pokemon is to hit, So wailord and snorlax would probably have the base stat for that skill at about 1.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Iron Mankey said:
    Everything that has been said, but also:

-allowing you to have a party (not just Pok?mon, but other trainers to tag along as well.)

-people that are actually people. Trainers don't just sit in one spot all day waiting to battle you, then just stay there for the rest of the game. They should go out and wander around like you do, if you run into them again, you could have a rematch. People who know how to actually carry a conversation, and not just say the same thing over and over again. In short: people with their own lives to live.

-rematches with Gym Leaders and other important Trainers. You trained up one team against the Leaders, shouldn't the rest of your Pok?mon be allowed to fight them too?

-if you don't want to do Pok?mon stuff (train, battle, whatever) sometime, there should be alternatives. Go to a fair or the beach or something. (Yes, I am a hardcore RPer)

-If you want to take your Pok?mon out of their Pok?balls to walk around a bit, you should be able to. It'd be fun seeing them run around.

That's just some stuff I think would be cool.

Kind of like a simulated MMORPG, like an online game but not online. I'd like to see that too.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Since the other thread got closed, I'll reiterate here:

We need another Grass-Type gym leader...A guy...who likes flowers and has pretty flower Pokemon! ^_^ AND. A Dark-Type gym leader. We've already had 2 Dark-Type specialty Elites, we need a GL! Guy or girl, I don't care. He/She would probably have a Manyuura. And a sexy, sexy, so-incredibly-droolably-sexy-it-hurts Champion, to follow the current pattern. And mayhap the Champ could be a lady this time...*wouldn't mind a sexy female Champ* Maybe have him/her specialize in the Psychic type...Or...I dunno, something besides Dragon. *rolls eyes*

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2005
    I just want them to do away with the turn based battle system. that is the bigest thing on my mind then i would say that there should be more space between cites/towns.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    Archaos said:
    Yeah I agree with super dude,
    Maybe they should put in a stat like attk def etc that defines how easy the pokemon is to hit, So wailord and snorlax would probably have the base stat for that skill at about 1.
    I see where you're getting at archaos. I think they should make accuracy and/or evasion a stat that grows with level gaining. Like the terrain effect in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, i also think that some pokemon should get an evasion or defense bonus depending where you're fighting at. For example, Kyogre, Seaking, or other water types would get bonuses in water, rock types get bonuses in mountain terrain, grass types in a forest, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    Here's what I think and why I think it should be so.

3D on 2D graphics - Sort of a top down version of Sonic Rush or the New Super Mario Bros games.
    Customizable Trainer
    Online Play
    2 Regions
    - One would be designed for the standard story. The second region would be designed for online play (vast open fields, more accesible quickly). I don't think the game should really return to every previous region, it takes something away from those old regions (Kanto in GSC wasn't all that great, the dungeons all shrunk down and the battles with the gym leaders weren't really impressive). I could see returning you to Johto because that's not available in the Advanced Generation, but I don't know if it would really do justice to Johto). I think it would be nice if the new region was a Golden Sunish circle outside of Hoenn.
    Day/Night - It was fun, I think they could do the return of Headbutt, to get some sleeping Pokemon again (like in Crystal version).
    Seasons - As time goes on things change. I don't think certain Pokemon should be exclusive to certain seasons, because it wouldn't be fun to wait 6 to 9 months after the release to get a Pokemon. I think locations and frequencies could change, like some bird Pokemon fly down to the south in the winter and north in the summer. When these birds aren't in the areas some of the rarer Pokemon become more common. Ice Types that hide deep in the ice caverns could come out in the winter. But at any time of the year, a Pokemon should be catchable.
    Moves - 4 Moves at a time works. Otherwise the game loses a lot of planning, I think there however could be a sort of move bank with a certain amount of move slots and only 4 of those could be active at a time. I think the fact that you have 8 HMS and needed a lot of them in Victory Road hurt the game.
    Better HMS - Rock Smash is a bad move, it's horrible, it takes up an entire slot on your team. Waterfall is just a powered down Surf. Dive is a third water HM and acts like Fly in battle. Strength and Cut are very similar (normal type). The fact you sometimes need these HMS and the difficulty it is to remove them (which is to stop you from doing something silly like trapping yourself in a dungeon because you left your HM in the PC), also demonstrates a certain pain.
    New Game+ - After you complete the game, you should be able to start again, with your old Pokemon replacing your starters. You wouldn't be able to get more of the One Time Onlys (because of the definition of a One Time Only) or make a different choice (when you encounter them, like the fossils), but you could get more TMs. Your Pokemon would always obey you.

Certain things just work and I would keep.
    - Fire, Grass and Water starters. The three of them form a circle like Rock-Paper-Scissors and by now is a tradition.
    - I understand that you only get one of each legendary Pokemon and that sometimes you have to make a choice (which again is alright, because Pokemon is about catching them all and trading to get them all).
    - The turn based combat is probably the best scheme for Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back