• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Perfect Crystal (Updated 5th of April 2019) - Original Version

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 7, 2019
Hi SuperEgz,
Could you increase the capacity of the bag?

I think this hack rom is the BEST pokemon game ever!!!, thank u so much for making it :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 25, 2020
What are the levels for major battles such as gym leaders, your rival, and the elite four? Is it crystal based or HGSS based?

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
What are the levels for major battles such as gym leaders, your rival, and the elite four? Is it crystal based or HGSS based?

All those, and every other trainer (except Red) have the same levels as in HGSS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2019
Hello!

Thanks for making this, first of all. Something like a definitive way to play GB-era Pokemon is definitely a godsend! I thought I'd found this in another mod (Crystal Clear), but unfortunately, that one has three problems that Perfect Crystal doesn't - it's open world (which means it sacrifices the story aspect and immersion), it's restricted by what's legal and tradeable to non-hacked versions (to be fair though I'm not sure if you have it here too), and worst of all - you don't have to work for anything in that game, everything is given to you on a silver platter, pretty much. That's why I really like how you made the starter pokemon 1% encounters and only in select locations, that really makes catching them meaningful and rewarding! That's only one example of course, I'm sure there are more.

That said, there are some features that this mod could still use to make it the true definitive experience, most of which CC seems to already have in some shape or form. But I'd soooo prefer to see them here instead!

- A move reminder. CC has one that doesn't even require anything from you in return - but Generation II already had Tinymushrooms and Big Mushrooms, which could be used as a fee for him in this game, just like it was in FR/LG. Why this is needed probably requires no explanation. Right now you have to manipulate encounter levels for legendaries just so they can have the good moves (like Aeroblast/Sacred Fire for example). With a move reminder you wouldn't have to worry about this at all. Not to mention moves like Golbat's level 1 Screech were already a thing in generation 2.

- A tutor for moves from Gen 1 (since I assume simply increasing the number of TMs is just not possible). CC introduced this in one of the latest updates and I'll be damned but once again - you don't even have to pay anything for those moves -there's just a guy who offers to teach them for no fee at all. That's really no fun! I'm of course referring to all those moves that were available as TMs in Gen 1. While that gen's TM roster contained some really ridiculous ones, many were much more useful than most of Gen 2's. I'm of course talking about stuff like Rock Slide, Take Down, Double-Edge, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Tri Attack, Bubblebeam, Mega Punch/Kick etc etc. These moves really make things so much more fun! There's also Softboiled for Mew for example.
Now if you were to introduce these, you'd have two options for approaching this:
- Keep them only to Gen 1 Pokemon and their evolutions, so as to make things trade-legal just like they are in CC (that's if you're concerned with legality in the first place)
- Use FR/LG as a template and extend their availability to Gen 2 Pokemon that can learn them there. This would make the Gen 2 Pokemon trade illegal and bona fide "hacked", but it would still be retroactively canon in a way I suppose - also why wouldn't say, a Lanturn be able to use Bubblebeam? I also think most pokemon were able to learn Double-Edge as a TM in Gen 1. Would really open up a lot of possibilities if say, the Gen 2 starters could have this move.
As for the fee - maybe they could be somehow incorporated into the Battle Tower as prizes? Crystal doesn't really have a point system for winning battles and I don't know how tough it would be to implement one - but that of course is just an option. Coins from the Game Corner could also be a viable alternative, as that would make these moves feel a bit harder to obtain than if they were just for plain cash.

- It'd be nice to be able to have a way to obtain an indefinite number of consumables, which there was a finite number of in this game. This means all Ethers/Elixers, Max Revives and - an extreme case - Sacred Ash and Berserk Gene. Of course I'm not saying these should be easily obtainable as they are in CC - getting them should be a rewarding challenge in and of itself. All I'm saying is that it should be possible. Oh, and there's no way to get Brightpowder in Gen 2 outside of trading Pokemon from Gen 1 (and the point of the game is to not have to trade, right? :P)

- I must say I kinda liked the "tradeback guy" mechanic from CC. Of course you went for evolutionary stones instead, which is not a canon solution, but it's probably not a big deal. It leaves a bit of a bitter taste though, since items such as the Dragon Scale aren't really that useful anymore (well, according to Bulbapedia it actually increases Dragon-type move damage while the Dragon Fang doesn't - which is also a bug, not sure if you've fixed it already).

I think these are all the things that if Perfect Crystal had, it would truly be Percect! SuperEgz, if you reading this, could you say what you think about these suggestions? Thanks again for this great hack!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2019
Hey, I'm searching for Omastar in cerulean cave with no luck. Are you able to tell me what time of day and what floor is it on?

Also great game! One thing I always wished was different about the original games was that you needed to trade to collect them all. I wish more verions were like this one

Edit: Nvm I actually found Omastar

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2022
I'm not sure weather it was the rom fault or something else that happened, but while playing, i did the E4 completed the kanto gym badges and got the silver wing, howerver, when i went to get Lugia in his cave, he did not show up whatsover, i had no battled it before eaither, thought to report it anyway, just in case it has to do with the hack itself or the rom just glitched up so some reason, fantastic work anyway thank you

Years
  • Age 75
  • Seen Nov 26, 2019
Can you rechallenge the elite 4 or gym leaders at higher levels after getting all 16 badges to grind for Red?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
This is a pretty awesome room! Congrats for the work and thank you for provinding the experience to us!

But I am having trouble to find seel/dewgong. Where re they?

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I Have a suggestion, im at kanto right now, after u defear then (gym leaders), they ask you for a rematch, but**** if u spammimg '''A'', u must battle him again lol, could u change that? i dont remember if in johto was like that..

2- option to use running shoes (i like the old stuff original hehe)

in my opinion this is the best hack rom ever

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with finding Lugia at Whirlpool Islands? I have the silverwing and defeated the Elite 4, but he isn't there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
I'm enjoying the game, but I went to capture mew and found it at level 5, is that right? What kind of joke is this?

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Red pokemons at lv 100? what? can u restore to the original or maybe soul silver levels? :( this is the only thing that i disliked...

Maybe rework the rematch by days, like tuesday, rematch brock, im playing this game in my handheld RG350 with real time clock, i really liked, just those few adjustments

Thanks for the hack

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2020
Hi there! Been playing the game and love it! I've beaten the Elite 4 and was hoping to grab articuno before moving onto Johto, your guide says he's in Ice Path on B3F, now is he a Random encounter? Bc I haven't seen his sprite on that floor! Thanks for everything!👍🏻

Back