• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You should re-upload some of the screenshots that were removed from TinyPic. :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • You should re-upload some of the screenshots that were removed from TinyPic. :)
    I don't have those screenshots in my computer anymore and I don't feel like playing this game :|

But I might put up the screenshots again...

Also, pikachu evolves at lv46 if I remember right.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    Oh, I don't think .ips files work with VBA. (I have VBA GX, a Wii Hombrew emulator.)

But it looks awesome! Thinking of doing an Emerald Pikachu edition?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    I think what you have to do before applying the patch is extract/unzip the Crystal rom. I don't know that, but it seemed to work for me. I use a Visual Boy Advance-1.8.0-beta3 if anyone is curious.

miksy91

Years
  • Sorry tamere123, but you were just a day late. The last post was May 27th, and you posted June 28th.
    My hacks get posts rarely anyway and I've seen that there has been even a longer period of time between two posts than that (and the thread didn't get closed).

You need the two key items to catch them (Rainbow Wing & Silver Wing).
    But I think Ho-Oh should appear there without you even having Rainbow Wing :O

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    For the life of me I cannot find the machine part in the Cerulean gym. I may have messed up, although I really hope I didn't. I beat Misty before I beat the rocket grunt, and I'm wondering if the order has been messed up? I really hope not, this is a really interesting game, although quite frustrating.

miksy91

Years
  • For the life of me I cannot find the machine part in the Cerulean gym. I may have messed up, although I really hope I didn't. I beat Misty before I beat the rocket grunt, and I'm wondering if the order has been messed up? I really hope not, this is a really interesting game, although quite frustrating.
    I don't think it matters if you beat Misty before finding it.
    Machine Part should be in the water somewhere, check the room with itemfinder to know for sure it is there (in several places).

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I don't think it matters if you beat Misty before finding it.
    Machine Part should be in the water somewhere, check the room with itemfinder to know for sure it is there (in several places).

Heh, stupid me for not thinking of using the itemfinder... Found it! Thanks so much, both for the advice and the rom hack!

Edit: Just beat the game, Red and everything. It was a lot of fun! My team was:
    Pichu 82
    Houndoom 81
    Machamp 80
    Scizor 89
    Gengar 81
    Taurus 81

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    sorry, one more question

i just got my 6th badge and im completely stuck. i caught suicune and now i do not know what to do.. i travelled all the back to the first town to get a map (which ive been playing without the whole game) and i realized i also never got the HM Fly

where can i get these important moves? and what do i next? im in blackthorn city and i cannot get into the dragons den.. i cant use whirlpool or waterfall so i cant move on

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
  • sorry, one more question

i just got my 6th badge and im completely stuck. i caught suicune and now i do not know what to do.. i travelled all the back to the first town to get a map (which ive been playing without the whole game) and i realized i also never got the HM Fly

where can i get these important moves? and what do i next? im in blackthorn city and i cannot get into the dragons den.. i cant use whirlpool or waterfall so i cant move on
    Fly can still be gotten in Cianwood City.
    In the place where Suicune is, you can find a gym; challenge the leader in there.
    Red Gyarados is still in Lake of Rage, find it to get HM Whirlpool and get farther in the game. Check SaltOar's walkthrough for this game in youtube how to get to gyarados (an especially silly way).

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    Fly can still be gotten in Cianwood City.
    In the place where Suicune is, you can find a gym; challenge the leader in there.
    Red Gyarados is still in Lake of Rage, find it to get HM Whirlpool and get farther in the game. Check SaltOar's walkthrough for this game in youtube how to get to gyarados (an especially silly way).

thanks so much
    i really appreciate the ongoing help

ok this is embarrassing..how do i get to goldenrod city and cianwood city again?

im stuck between ecruteak, azalea, violet and blackthorn city

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    Help I'm stuck in Dark cave. With version 1.03 the video that is on saltoars channel is outdated and i can't find my way through the cave. Can someone please help?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Help I'm stuck in Dark cave. With version 1.03 the video that is on saltoars channel is outdated and i can't find my way through the cave. Can someone please help?
    Check SaltOar's walkthrough Episode 8 I Believe it is, And I just wanted to say nice job on the Rom Miksy! Cant wait to try the others after i complete this one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    just me being dumb

never mind it was just me being dumb/a noo
    i found my way through
    when does abra evolve into kadabra btw? apparently it's not at 16 so when is it? cause right now he's dead weight lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    it says pikachu has 3 evo what does that mean that it evos after raichu? im jus curious thnx in advance(cud u list how to evo if so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back