• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Pink [COMPLETE]

Years
Since the link in OP is not working and there is no answer...

Not the official Pokemon Pink 2.1 patch made by 80C.
I just remade it using Lunar IPS with the base ROM and a patched Pink 2.1 ROM that I already had.

To be used on "Pokemon - Blue Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced).gb".
CRC32 D6DA8A1A
SHA1 D7037C83E1AE5B39BDE3C30787637BA1D4C48CE2
MD5 50927E843568814F7ED45EC4F944BD8B

I hope there is no problem with sharing this.

Attachments

• ppink2.1.zip
    136.3 KB · Views: 85
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Since the link in OP is not working and there is no answer...

Not the official Pokemon Pink 2.1 patch made by 80C.
I just remade it using Lunar IPS with the base ROM and a patched Pink 2.1 ROM that I already had.

To be used on "Pokemon - Blue Version (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced).gb".
CRC32 D6DA8A1A
SHA1 D7037C83E1AE5B39BDE3C30787637BA1D4C48CE2
MD5 50927E843568814F7ED45EC4F944BD8B

I hope there is no problem with sharing this.

The original patch is still available at https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2223/

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Looks like the 2.1 version of this hack has disappeared from the face of the internet, unless anyone ever downloaded it and can provide a mirror...

BigWeeb01

Big Weeb
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
Can v 1.1 be played on a original-Gameboy-only emulator? (Like the TI-Boy 84.) v2.1 sadly doesn't work...

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Oct 17, 2020
Hello thanks for this hack. It looks great.
Are all the 151 Pokemon obtainable within this edition without red ?

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
I don't think so.

It looks like it's basically a Blue hack with new starters and the 3 types introduced since Pokémon X and Y.

However, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 28, 2022
I have a couple of Qs for anyone who has played through:

With version 2.1 with color, has anyone done a full play through on real hardware? I know there were rumors with the full color patch that it may damage real hardware.

Since this is based on blue, are the red exclusive Pokémon completely unavailable? What about the classic starters?

Edit:

So I'm about 6 hours in and I can probably answer some of my own questions.

It does only have the Blue Pokémon in it so no way to obtain red exclusives as far as I'm aware, same for the traditional starters.

Speaking of starters, Pikachu being one in this version, I did not encounter a Pikachu at all in viridian forest and I did a lot of grinding there to beat Brock (Brock is a real pain without a grass or water type!) so it would seem Pikachu and if I had to guess, Jigglypuff and Vulpix do not exist in the wild either

As far as the color patch goes I have not had any "hardware" issues (I am playing on a GBC with a flash cart) but I do get a weird artifacting issue sometimes where white square or entire rows of white squares will cover the overworld. After encountering a wild Pokémon or a trainer battle however, it goes away so it appears to just be a graphic glitch.

The only other input I have, and this is probably my only real gripe with this hack, is so far is that some of the typing is wrong. Jigglypuff is the most glaring issue, being typed as pure fairy when it is normal-fairy. Not sure if 80C did that intentionally to keep it a single type like the other starters. Additionally Mew is typed as Psychic-Fairy when it is supposed to be pure Psychic (I caught a mew via the old nugget bridge glitch which I wanted to see if it worked in this hack and it does!) I'm not sure of any incorrect typing out of those two instances. I have not evolved Jigglypuff yet to see if Wigglytuff is also typed incorrectly.

Regardless this is a pretty refreshing way to play R/B !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 13, 2021
Well, here is it: Pokemon Pink v2.1.
This release adds the Intro Screen that advise the player that this is a fan game and is supposed to be free.

Pokemon%20Pink_01_zpsyfqolh4g.png
Pokemon%20Pink_02_zpsmugpzjc5.png

I've also deleted the older releases (v1.0, v1.1 and v2.0) for good measure.
Stupid bootleggers. I had to miss a barbecue in order to stay here to fix this release. Next time, those idiotic bootleggers that have nothing better than do than waste the hard work of mine will be the main course of the barbecue, because if I ever get them I'll roast them to their bones if they got any, those spineless beggars.

Don't ever download any version of this hack that does not have the intro.

THIS GAME IS FOR FREE AS IT'S A FAN GAME, SO DO NOT TRUST ANY OTHER VERSION THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE ADVISORY SCREENS.
If you ever find another bootlegger please report me IMMEDIATELY, because they are trying to rip you off.
Unfortunately, every great Pokemon Hack maker gets bootlegged sooner or later, you see, from Flora Sky to Prism once in a while bootlegged cartridges pop out on some flea corners of the web wasting the hard work of their authors (both the original authors and the fan game authors).

That's it, enjoy the new release! :D

Any chance at all for a patch fixing the incorrect Pokémon typing? Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff not being Normal/Fairy removes the STAB boost they should get from normal moves. Additionally, the Fairy type isn't behaving correctly. It isn't resisting Bug or Fighting attacks. In fact, it's actually WEAK to fighting for some reason. Other types may not be acting correctly that I haven't yet noticed. Basically, Jigglypuff has basically been heavily nerfed.

Looking to make custom carts of this game for my niece and myself and would really appreciate an update fixing this error of possible!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back