• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Plasma Red [Script Demo Released]

What Pokemon would you pick for a beginner?

• Fuille- Fighting/Dark Type

Votes: 494 58.6%
  • Galar- Psychic/Steel Type

Votes: 349 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    zel said:
    The screenshots look good, seems like you put some effort to make the water, ah? Well, it ended up looking great (however, couldn't you made the tile look a bit more irregular, at least a bit more curvy, and not so linear... If you understood me there, then you win a prize! XD) Anyway, it looks nice with the palette.

The "!" sign has a nice 3D-kinda-effect, nice touch!

And, about the headbutt trees, I now know what's been bugging me, I guess you should try to see if you can add the brown colour to the bottom of the tree, like you did with the big trees ('cause I suppose it is wood, right?), then again, if it is not possible, then forget about it... :P

Yeah, I have taken your request ;) Hopefully you like the trees and water animation below(the water is different, looks more round close up). xD

Pokemon Plasma Red [Script Demo Released]

So Enjoy! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • (Well, you really didn't have to please me... I was just suggesting... XD), but yes, now the headbutt trees can officially be called "trees", yay!

Do you have any other "interesting person" to meet in the game in mind?
    Oh, by the way, how many hours were you dealing with hex to modify the world map stuff...? (Hard work, I suppose... :knockedou)

Well, keep up the good work, Blazichu!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    zel said:
    (Well, you really didn't have to please me... I was just suggesting... XD), but yes, now the headbutt trees can officially be called "trees", yay!

Do you have any other "interesting person" to meet in the game in mind?
    Oh, by the way, how many hours were you dealing with hex to modify the world map stuff...? (Hard work, I suppose... :knockedou)

Well, keep up the good work, Blazichu!

I haven't planned anyone knew yet besides the leaders of the groups and Escal, but I think I am planning one more secret which I am not yet to reveal cause this person could be very important ;)

Ah... the hex editting of the world map isn't too difficult anymore as it contains the hex pointers for the names of the world maps and then it should contain the X and Y point after each name pointer(if you edit these they glitch). I still have to modify alot of the X and Y pointers as tile editting has been important to me lately(could still take a few hours xD)

Recently I have done some tile edits such as new trees, lava animation tile and even cut down trees I have shown below ;) (I don't plan to show more than the cut down trees)

I might also release an IPS patch for my tiles for public use but credit goes to me and they can only be attached to a clean gold rom(silver coming soon).

Beta 2 might also be awhile and I am sorry for that, but I have also planned to remap most of the areas as I think they looked too much like Gold.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:

ZoFreX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2007
    Those tiles are great, I would use the patch. Is there anything you won't hack?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hmm, do you have any specific plans for the cut down trees? Maybe just confine them to one area, cause I personally don't think that they'd look all that great when walking around.

Anywho, keep it up mate.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Amachi said:
    Hmm, do you have any specific plans for the cut down trees? Maybe just confine them to one area, cause I personally don't think that they'd look all that great when walking around.

Anywho, keep it up mate.

There will be small patches of those trees as people need to chop down trees for wood, also major cities will no longer contain trees ;) These trees cannot be walked on or through, there are more trees but I don't plan to show them.

I have also done a new roof tile shown below.

So Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Thanks for the comment.

I'll get more up soon as I am planning to rename the towns and routes.

The first town shall be called: Leaftree Town.

That is what I have planned so far.

So Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well well, ive been checking, but havnt posted here in ages...Well first off your tiles are looking awesome, especially those new roof tiles. Second its nice to see that your hack is progressing and most important staying alive. Dont stop searching TLP for more things to edit :P
    Keep going with this..its ibviously going well as everyone has said
    Dont give up.
    Giovanni.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    it`s really great men i didn`t thought people still do hacks of gold i mean i didn`t even know that there where so much tools to use in gold men its great go no with it
    good luck

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Well you know the new lava tiles.
    I can tell everyone else it looks cool 'cause I've seen a sneek preview.
    Anyway good luck!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey Blazichu, I got a bit of time so I downloaded the latest Beta in the first post... Finally XP

Well, comparing that old version with the new screenshots, I think there is quite an improvement. I just hope you make an effort to make the events different (I wonder if Jeremy is trying to make this? O.o), it quickly became Gold, and it made me lose a bit of interest :(

Oh, and by the way... Are you still making the player walk to Mr.Poke's house blocking the way to the first town? I died when I was returning, and I was sent to the first town, when I wasn't supposed to be there, right?

Well, keep it up, I suppose I'll wait for a new version to judge better. Luck to ya Blazichu! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    zel said:
    Hey Blazichu, I got a bit of time so I downloaded the latest Beta in the first post... Finally XP

Well, comparing that old version with the new screenshots, I think there is quite an improvement. I just hope you make an effort to make the events different (I wonder if Jeremy is trying to make this? O.o), it quickly became Gold, and it made me lose a bit of interest :(

Oh, and by the way... Are you still making the player walk to Mr.Poke's house blocking the way to the first town? I died when I was returning, and I was sent to the first town, when I wasn't supposed to be there, right?

Well, keep it up, I suppose I'll wait for a new version to judge better. Luck to ya Blazichu! :D

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I am redoing most of the text in the hack and maps in this so it won't be too much like gold, remember that was a beta that was being worked on(also remember everything including events are done in hex).

Also I might get rid of the grass on that route if that occurs, also by "first town" do you mean New Bark or Cherrygrove? and lately I have learnt a few new things in hex, such as how to change where the Rival naming is xD.

I have done a new Sprite, she shall be the 7th Gym Leader which I mentioned she uses Dragon types.

So Enjoy!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • also by "first town" do you mean New Bark or Cherrygrove?

I meant Cherrygrove. I got warped there, and I think I shouldn't be there (I haven't seen if I got stuck and couldn't make it back to New Bark). Something like that happened to me in my SG, and I had to do a very deep search to modify it... But you need to deal with everything in hex, sigh...
    But... Walking to Mr.Pokes house without grass? :\

Anyway, I knew it was an old beta, but I just wanted to see how you were doing with the game. I'm happy to know the next version will be much exciting! :D

By the way, nice Leader sprite ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2009
    Good Luck with the new tiles and Hopefully you'll release a new beta soon cause i got into the old one and was disappointed when it finished

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Soul_keeper said:
    The sprite of the "Gym Leader" is great "Blazichu" hope we see more soon :D

Thanks for the comment.

zel said:
    I meant Cherrygrove. I got warped there, and I think I shouldn't be there (I haven't seen if I got stuck and couldn't make it back to New Bark). Something like that happened to me in my SG, and I had to do a very deep search to modify it... But you need to deal with everything in hex, sigh...
    But... Walking to Mr.Pokes house without grass? :\

Anyway, I knew it was an old beta, but I just wanted to see how you were doing with the game. I'm happy to know the next version will be much exciting! :D

By the way, nice Leader sprite ;)

I got rid of the grass and Thanks for the comment.

eddie4ever said:
    Good Luck with the new tiles and Hopefully you'll release a new beta soon cause i got into the old one and was disappointed when it finished

Thanks for the comment, the next beta shall be better.

slayeryu12 said:
    nice spriting man this is looking like a really good hack

Thanks for the comment

YoshiMaster said:
    Nice sprite bro! (PS hope you make it to 400 posts.)

Thanks for the comment (PS. I made 400 :P)

Also look at what my scripting work in hex has done for me, I thought it was weird how the rival went right after battling him in Cherrygrove, because you meet him later in the Sprout Tower, so now he goes left after the battle.

So Enjoy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back